quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
quote:
Originally posted by Machine:
Surprised the Diamond Creek was still on the shelf. If I was brave enough to visit that neighbourhood I would have run over to try to get some!

The guy who manages the Clearance section puts out just a few bottles at a time. It's kind of like playing hide'n seek ... you never know exactly how many bottles he really has. He's been doing that with the 2008 Bruno Rocca Rabaja Barbaresco and 2011 David Arthur Meritaggio and 3 Acre Cabernet for several months now. One week they are out, and then they disappear for a week or two. Then they magically reappear.


If you ask him nicely, he'll more than likely go pull some bottles from the back for you. It all does seem a bit silly thought; you have to know what he has hiding in the back in order to know what to ask for. Thanks for the updates guys! I usually only get to Crossroads these days once I see something here Big Grin ; my inside contact at Crossroads now manages the C'Wood store.
quote:
my inside contact at Crossroads now manages the C'Wood store.


That's my local store up north. What is their name? It used to be Shelley.
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
my inside contact at Crossroads now manages the C'Wood store.


That's my local store up north. What is their name? It used to be Shelley.


Stefanie, say hello for me Dok.
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
my inside contact at Crossroads now manages the C'Wood store.


That's my local store up north. What is their name? It used to be Shelley.


Stefanie, say hello for me Dok.

Will do VC.
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
my inside contact at Crossroads now manages the C'Wood store.


That's my local store up north. What is their name? It used to be Shelley.


Stefanie, say hello for me Dok.

Will do VC.


Great Dok! Sent you an email. Cheers,
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
my inside contact at Crossroads now manages the C'Wood store.


That's my local store up north. What is their name? It used to be Shelley.


Stefanie, say hello for me Dok.

Will do VC.


Great Dok! Sent you an email. Cheers,

Received "Rosco"
There is a bunch of stuff (mostly Spanish and some CdP) that just got moved to the bin-end section of the LCBO's Shop-on-Line web site. But it all seems over-priced even at the discount prices. Maybe they should have moved it directly to the dumpster...
2012 Domaine de Cristia Chateauneuf-du-Pape Vieilles Vignes $56.50 at Crossroads clearance center.
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
2012 Domaine de Cristia Chateauneuf-du-Pape Vieilles Vignes $56.50 at Crossroads clearance center.


Thanks v much. Good deal.
From a different direction, The Cliff Lede Napa Cab went from 79.00 in the pre release pricing to 112.95 on the shelf. I guess the 79.00 was the 2011 model, the 2012 must have a lot of options. Fracking unreal......Bend over boys.
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
2012 Domaine de Cristia Chateauneuf-du-Pape Vieilles Vignes $56.50 at Crossroads clearance center.


Thanks otw. I grabbed a few.
Christmas is not the season of giving at the KGBO, but at the Clearance Center the KGBO specialises in wine seizure from its agents. I guess that is a form of giving to oneself. So I dropped in on Wednesday afternoon.

Not much to get my interest, but someone might be interested in the 2012 Domaine Durieu Lucille Avril CdP for $39 - which is about $10 off its original price. But I think that is system-wide, so no need to travel out to Crossroads for this one.
quote:
Originally posted by Fowler52:
quote:
Originally posted by vijay:
Domaine Eric & Joel Durand Empreintes Cornas 2012

Was 47, now 36


Where? Store wide?

System-wide
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
quote:
Originally posted by Fowler52:
quote:
Originally posted by vijay:
Domaine Eric & Joel Durand Empreintes Cornas 2012

Was 47, now 36


Where? Store wide?

System-wide

Picked up a couple of bottles in my wanderings today. Still lots around.
i was going to joke that stuff is great poured over ice cream, but then saw that was the KGBO's serving suggestion.... Roll Eyes

Add Reply

×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×