LCBO Online auction

I understand that there is an online auction through LCBO Nov 26 - Dec 3? but i havent been able to find a list of the wines yet, does anyone have a link? I asume its through the waddingtons online portal, but when i login i am unable to find any information there
Original Post
The wines to offered in the upcoming internet auction are the leftovers from last month's Vintages Auction. I have trouble getting interested in poring over a bunch of sloppy seconds.

Since these wines couldn't cover the reserve price, I wonder if they will have the same reserve this time around.
I spoke to John Yoxall yesterday and he confirmed the dates with me, just an FYI its not all leftovers from the auction as suggested, they actually have over 700 lots and John told me there is some great wine available including tons of Champagne and great value wines
quote:
John told me there is some great wine available including tons of Champagne and great value wines

Of course he said that. What would you have expected him to say? "LCBO and value" do not belong in the same sentence. It's a misnomer (oxymoron) just like jumbo shrimp, freezer burn and with the recent developments in the USA, military intelligence Confused
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
John told me there is some great wine available including tons of Champagne and great value wines

Of course he said that. What would you have expected him to say? "LCBO and value" do not belong in the same sentence. It's a misnomer just like jumbo shrimp, freezer burn and with the recent developments in the USA, military intelligence Confused

well put Larry
quote:
quote:

Of course he said that. What would you have expected him to say? "LCBO and value" do not belong in the same sentence. It's a misnomer (oxymoron) just like jumbo shrimp, freezer burn and with the recent developments in the USA, military intelligence Confused

you missed my favourites Dok:

"Fox News"
"Microsoft Works"

Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
quote:
quote:

you missed my favourites Dok:

"Fox News"
"Microsoft Works"

Big Grin

French Military Victories
All jokes aside i think there will be some decent deals at this online auction, most of the lots are new consignments consisting of lots that came in too late for the last live auction and lots from well know consignors that are in constant contact with LCBO, Yoxall is an honest guy and really doesnt have anything to gain from trying to make it sound better than it is, when was the last time you saw a government employee rewarded for a job well done?
quote:
Originally posted by Bigprovolone:
All jokes aside i think there will be some decent deals at this online auction, most of the lots are new consignments consisting of lots that came in too late for the last live auction and lots from well know consignors that are in constant contact with LCBO, Yoxall is an honest guy and really doesnt have anything to gain from trying to make it sound better than it is, when was the last time you saw a government employee rewarded for a job well done?

When did you quit real estate and start working for LCBO Big Grin .
quote:
Originally posted by theweb:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigprovolone:

When did you quit real estate and start working for LCBO Big Grin .

Nope....i think he as a few wines up for sale though Big Grin
I am not a consignor with the LCBO online auction this year actually, but i do believe that with 700+ lots and from what Yoxall told me its sounds like some very good wines to be had and hopefully at decent prices, i just got the most recent vintages catalogue and they have a bunch of stuff there that im actually interested in for a change so i will only buy if there are deals!
I had a quick look through. Lots of good and interesting wine, depending on what the hammer goes at. Only 328 lots listed on the preview PDF though.

Some do look familiar, from the fall auction, and repeats from the spring Online auction, but I guess a portion of recycled lots is to be expected. Many new looking lots as well.

Fox News and Microsoft Works - win (from list here) Winner
quote:
Originally posted by AML:
Sweet, I'm all over those lots of ####################################################################################################################################################################################################!

+1. I loved those ones too! All mixed bags of stuff.
I'm kind of new to the auction scene, does anyone mind explaining to me how it works?

For example, in Lot 21 there are three bottles of 1977 port. When I make a bid on one, would I be bidding on the entire lot, or just the individual bottle that I want?
quote:
Originally posted by ABryce:
I'm kind of new to the auction scene, does anyone mind explaining to me how it works?

For example, in Lot 21 there are three bottles of 1977 port. When I make a bid on one, would I be bidding on the entire lot, or just the individual bottle that I want?

You're bidding on the lot. Some lots are 1 bottle, some a case but it's always the lot you're bidding on.
quote:
Originally posted by ABryce:
So in the example above, lets say a person were to bid 200 and win. The 200 would would be the price per bottle( and I'd multiply by each bottle in the lot), or would the price you bid be for the entire lot?

The price that is stated is for the entire lot. Then add on the taxes (Buyers Premier 17% & HST 13%)

Add Reply

Likes (0)