Belated Father’s Day celebrations 

2016 Raul Perez Albariño sketch 

2004 Chateau Haut Brion red(great purity but while open I’d wait another 5 years to get more tiertiary notes out of it)

Nv Bubbly from the okanagan which was very good. (Can’t remember the label but I’ll find it-)

@csm posted:

2015 Black Hills Nota Bene.  Really thankful I have no more of these. Yuck. 

Why'd you bother drinking it then? And what was the specific issue? Green, jammy, a hot mess, just a terrible wine?

@futronic posted:

Why'd you bother drinking it then? And what was the specific issue? Green, jammy, a hot mess, just a terrible wine?

Went down the drain after the first glass.  Manipulated, extracted, so much new oak, high alcohol. Dill, coconut, milk chocolate notes.  No subtlety or nuance whatsoever.  I bought it at the winery and I am having a hard time remembering what I saw it this to justify the purchase, because it' wasn't cheap.  

Perhaps while doing a tasting there, you were smitten by a nice tasting room surrounded by beautiful scenery and/or vineyards. It happens. My wife and I call that “vacation wine”. 😆

Last edited by billhike
@csm posted:

Went down the drain after the first glass.  Manipulated, extracted, so much new oak, high alcohol. Dill, coconut, milk chocolate notes.  No subtlety or nuance whatsoever.  I bought it at the winery and I am having a hard time remembering what I saw it this to justify the purchase, because it' wasn't cheap.  

Ewww. That sounds disgusting.

2016 Couly-Dutheil, Chinon, Les Chanteaux Blanc

Note to self: Buy even more of the 2017 when released.

@Bytown Rick posted:

Two from British Columbia

• 2015 Le Vieux Pin Ava
  • 2005 Church & State Quintessential

Both excellent. 

Generally love the Church & State wines. 

@csm posted:

Generally love the Church & State wines. 

2005 was the first year for Quintessential, made by Bill Dyer (of Sterling, Frog's Leap and Spring Mountain fame).  

2010 Château Fortia cuvée du Baron. With bbq steak. In a good place right now but 2-3 years more if you want more tertiary notes. Very enjoyable 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.