Javachip brought over some lobster tails yesterday.  We had:

2018 Bucci Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jedi, Classico Superiore 

2011 Agricola San Felice, Il Grigio da San Felipe, Chianti Classico, Gran Selezione

2011 Zind-Humbrecht, Riesling, Heimbourg, Turckheim

Dinner was lobster risotto, lightly baked zucchini with lime dressing, candied fig and arrugula salad with Parm shavings, tomato/sautéd garlic/herb bruschetta and homemade cheesecake.

Fantastic dinner, great company and damn good wines, esp the ZH.  

Thanks JC, look forward to the next one.

NV Henners Brut English Sparling Wine - Quite a rich wine with a strong leesy character, brimming with brioche and orchard fruit.  Aroma is biscuity with white flowers.

2017 Ramon do Casar Treixadura Nobre - Light floral aromas.  Palate has quite a bit of acidity with light/yellow fruit.  A good wine to have with seafood or tapas.

2018 Le Vigne di Zamo Friulano No Name -  Rich and strongly flavoured with pear, nectarines, almonds.  Best with food.

Last edited by otw

Steve

@steve8 posted:

2008 Faustino I, Rioja, Gran Reserva

2012 Domaine Serene, Pinot Noir, Evenstad Reserve

Steve,

How is the 2012 Serene? I have a couple of those.

J3

@jcubed posted:

Steve,

How is the 2012 Serene? I have a couple of those.

J3

Definitely a hold. Tannins are still pretty firm. Big pinot.

Last edited by steve8

notables over the last couple weeks 

2002 Mailly Champagne Grand Cru Exception Blanche - drink up

2006 Marc Hébrart Champagne Premier Cru Special Club 

2005 Bodegas Muga Rioja Gran Reserva Prado Enea (with vinoevelo)

2010 J.L. Chave Sélection Hermitage Blanche

Last edited by mangiare

2000 Tenute Cisa Asinari dei Marchesi di Grésy Barbaresco Martinenga

First of two bottles I purchased shortly after release.  Served with a big bowl of homemade pasta and fresh tomatoes and other vegetables fresh from the garden.  Tasting note posted.

2015 Carpineta Fontalpino Do Ut Des

The winemaker must have been drunk when he made this wine.  I don't know what Monica Larner was thinking when she tasted this wine but it is a concentrated amorphous unstructured mess.    Suckling loved it too... not so much for me.

@otw posted:

2015 Carpineta Fontalpino Do Ut Des

The winemaker must have been drunk when he made this wine.  I don't know what Monica Larner was thinking when she tasted this wine but it is a concentrated amorphous unstructured mess.    Suckling loved it too... not so much for me.

So (Larner+Suckling)/3 is a good score formula?

@billhike posted:

So (Larner+Suckling)/3 is a good score formula?

I think you are pretty close.  Larner gave it 94 points and Suckling gave it 95 on his 10-point scale.   So (94+95)/3 = 63 ... which might still be a touch generous.

Galloni gave it a rating of 80 on his 50-point scale. Expand that to 100 points and you get 60.

2002 Harlan Estate The Maiden

Served Father's Day with an inch thick prime grade boneless ribeye grilled to a prefect medium rare.  Tasting note posted.

Over the past week or so:

2018 Myriad Napa Cabernet

2013 Alpha Omega Las Piedras Cabernet

2012 Alpha Omega Missouri Hopper Cabernet

2016 Duckhorn Patzimaro Cabernet

2014 Shafer Merlot

2009 Vigneron de Caractere, Vacqueyras, Cuvée Prestige....excellent, dense and dark, still pretty primary actually.  Could have gone another 5-8 years easy.

Over the last Couple of weeks.

2018 Seabra xisto ilimitado white ( thx vinoevelo for the reco)

2018 Giacosa Roero Arneis 

2018 Tenuta Di Terra Nerre  bianco

2018 Jaboulet Aine Viognier

2018 J M Raffault chinon blanc

2010 Ridge Estate

2008 I Sodi Di San Niccolo 

1998 Jaboulet Aine La Chapelle (cooked)

2019 Gerard Bertrand, Languedoc, Cotes des Roses

2012 Poiron-Dabin, Muscadet Sevre et Maine, Chateau Thebaud, Clos des Tabardieres

2016 Pascal Jolivet, Sancerre, Le Chene Marchand

2004 Pio Cesare, Barolo, Ornato

Both the Jolivet and Ornato were outstanding. Drink or hold on the latter but I'm going to try and keep my other bottle until its 20th birthday at least.

Last edited by steve8

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.