2013 J. Rochioli Three Corner Russian River Pinot Noir. A real beauty. Wish I had more. I would like to try other vintages to compare. Anyone have any?

IW

1992 Rymill Riddock Run Vineyard Shiraz

The cork showed seepage throughout its length and was starting to deteriorate, so it definitely needed a Durand to open.  In spite of this, the wine was deep ruby and showed no sign of aging.  It also tasted surprisingly good with lovely dark red fruit, savoury spice, menthol, dark pepper mix.

1994 Domaine Courbis Cornas La Sabarotte

Cork showed very little seepage and was in good shape.  It looked surprisingly youthful and had a fresh aroma and taste.  Dark fruit, toasted oak, cocoa, tapenade are the dominant impressions.

2016 Domaine Montcalmes Les terrasseS à Larzac Coteaux du Languedoc

2017 Domaine Tselepos driopi Agiorghitiko 

2016 Melville Estate Pinot Noir

I must have already consumed 7 or 8 bottles of this. Bang for the buck, the 2016 is the best value CA Pinot on the market I know of. 

Last edited by winetarelli
@mimik posted:

2017 Domaine Tselepos driopi Agiorghitiko 

How do you find these Mims?  I bought some 13's and the last time i checked in on them I thought they were massive and needed a lot more time.  They seem to be made in that 'international bordeaux blend' that didnt really seem like a Greek wine to me.  

@vinoevelo posted:

How do you find these Mims?  I bought some 13's and the last time i checked in on them I thought they were massive and needed a lot more time.  They seem to be made in that 'international bordeaux blend' that didnt really seem like a Greek wine to me.  

This was pretty good. Yes more modern in style and less acidic compared to other native varietals. Full bodied and rich but not overly oaked. Definitely modern but for the price, it's a good daily quaffer.

Try to find the Kir-Yianni Cuvee Villages 2017 if you can. Excellent and more typical.

Last edited by mimik

So far this month:

2001 Bruno Giacosa Barolo
1994 Faustino Gran Reserva
2010 Boutari Naoussa
2018 Bouchard Pere & Fils Petit Chablis
2016 Pierre Boisson Bourgogne Blanc
2015 Begue-Mathiot Chablis Vaucoupin
2011 Pearl Morissette Cuvee SK
2018 Domaine La Suffrene Bandol Rosé
2016 Bernabeleva Vinos de Madrid Garnacha de Vina Bonita
2013 Ridge Lytton Springs

Dumped down the drain:

2017 Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc -- vile

@sunnylea57 posted:

So far this month:

2001 Bruno Giacosa Barolo
1994 Faustino Gran Reserva
2010 Boutari Naoussa
2018 Bouchard Pere & Fils Petit Chablis
2016 Pierre Boisson Bourgogne Blanc
2015 Begue-Mathiot Chablis Vaucoupin
2011 Pearl Morissette Cuvee SK
2018 Domaine La Suffrene Bandol Rosé
2016 Bernabeleva Vinos de Madrid Garnacha de Vina Bonita
2013 Ridge Lytton Springs

Dumped down the drain:

2017 Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc -- vile

How was the 2010 Boutari drinking? 

@mimik posted:

How was the 2010 Boutari drinking? 

Really well. Still holding up beautifully. My last bottle of the base bottling, but I have a few more of the 2010 Grande Reserve. 

2015 Enfield Chardonnay Haynes Vineyard (!!!!!!)

2015 Telmo Rodriguez Valdeorras Branco de Santa Cruz

2014 COS Cerasuolo di Vittoria

2017 Georges Vernay Cote-Rotie Blonde du Seigneur

Inky squid ink married to gamey red meat, bacon grizzle and bay leaf; with dry cured olives, provencal spices, and a hint of purple-black berry. Long finish. Lower acid and darker in fruit profile than I was expecting, I would have been more likely to peg this as a Cornas. Despite the earthy flavor profile and lack of extreme polish, still, there is something that comes across as more modern than, say, Faury Cote-Rotie, which is the same price.  Still, a great choice when a big dark $60 wine with real earth snd savory depth is in order. 

2007 Col d'Orcia Brunello

When first opened, it seemed to be a disjointed combination of floral aromatics, red fruit, licorice and leather.  But an hour or two later, it came together and turned into a beautiful, silky drinking experience.

2013 Grattamacco Superiore

This is a blend of 65% Cab Sauv with 20% Merlot and 15% Sangiovese.  I generally don't like Sangiovese or Sangiovese-blends from the north Maremma but I can't really detect what role this grape plays in this wine.  This Grattamacco is a massive Cab-influenced wine that reminds me more of California than other Bordeaux-blends from Bolgheri.  What you get is a spice-driven core of dark fruit with flavours of leather & herbs, menthol and licorice.  It even has that fruit sweetness that reminds you of Napa Cabs.

Last edited by otw

Over the past few days

2009 Fontodi, Chianti Classico Riserva, Vigna del Sorbo

2010 Pierre-Jean Villa, Saint Joseph, Tildé

2011 Zind-Humbrecht, Pinot Gris, Clos Windsbuhl

The Z-H was the standout although all were excellent.

2016 domaine guillot-broux Macon-cruzile les genievrieres

2005 Roger Sabon les secrets de Sabon cdp(very nice )

2016 Tignanello

fun drinking smooth wine with notes of green bell peppers and red fruits.

Not worth the price of admission but certainly fun to drink when given.

2018 Jean-Claude Lapalu Brouilly “La Croix des Rameaux”

This is a deep, complex, earth-driven wine that I personally prefer even to the vast majority of Foillard I’ve had. (And I’ve had a shit-ton of Foillard.)

Pizza night:

2016 Pali Chenin Blanc

2011 Castello Romitorio Brunello

2009 Castello Monsanto Chianti Classico Riserva

2016 Stefania Besson Syrah

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.