2016 Gerard Fiou, Sancerre, Terroir Silex

2015 Poggerino, Chianti Classico

2015 Dominique Piron, Chiroubles

2012 Val di Suga, BdM

2016 Tardieu-Laurent, Tavel, Vieilles Vignes

2015 Tenuta Argentiera, Bolgheri, Poggio Ai Ginepri

vertigo888 posted:
ligengli posted:

Nobody get the Fourrier Gevrey Chambertin village 2010 from KGBO this morning?

You had a choice, Duckhorn or Burgundy. Unless you had something programmed I don't think you would have gotten both. 

12x Fourrier Gevrey-Chambertin (could not believe there were no bottle limits on this one!)
2x Duckhorn Merlot (to flip to help pay for the above)

Did manage to get both. Burgundy first, then the Duckhorn. I initially got an error on the Duckhorn, saying it was out of stock, but when I went to check out there were two in my cart.

I gotta stop frequenting auction sites, especially while semi-intoxicated.   

1995 Burgess Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley (magnum)
1984 Burgess Cabernet Sauvignon Vintage Selection Napa Valley
1989 La Granja Nuestra Señora de Remelluri Rioja Gran Reserva
1996 Gaja Langhe Nebbiolo Sperss Langhe DOC'

The Muddler opened a 90s Burgess Vintage Selection on Saturday and it was superb. Vibrant fruit, great depth, good acidity.

And a pickup from the KGBO on the weekend:

3 x 2011 Recaredo Cava Terrers Gran Reserva Brut Nature Macabeo-Xarel-lo-Parellada Blend

sunnylea57 posted:

3 x 2011 Recaredo Cava Terrers Gran Reserva Brut Nature Macabeo-Xarel-lo-Parellada Blend

Have you had this before? The Brut de Brut is significantly better. At $46, I'm not impressed by the value prop. $36 at the SAQ is a better price (and 2010 was nicer than 2011).

Found myself in the neighbourhood of the Italian KGBO outlet over the weekend so grabbed a few for immediate consumption: 

2013 Broiva Barbera D'Alba Sori del Drago

2015 Abbona Papa Celso Dogliani

2016 Pietradolce Etna Rosso

2015 Pelissero Munfrina Dolcetto D'Alba

futronic posted:
sunnylea57 posted:

Have you had this before? The Brut de Brut is significantly better. At $46, I'm not impressed by the value prop. $36 at the SAQ is a better price (and 2010 was nicer than 2011).

Hey fut,

No I haven't tried it, and figured I'd grab some while they were on the shelf (and while I was in the store) and then get your opinion -- knowing I could return it if necessary.

You just saved me some money. Thanks!

Recently,

2 x 2008 Brovia Villero

3 x 2000 Giuseppe Rinaldi Brunate le Coste

2 x 2004 Vina Tondonia Riserva

1 x 2014 Cepparello

3 x 2013 Vietti Castiglione

2 x 1994 Faustino 1 Riserva

8 x Faustino Rosado Cava 

1 x 1983 Graham's Vintage Port

3 x 1961 Marchesi di Barolo Barolo

1 x 1964 Marchesi di Barolo Barolo

1 x 1978 Marchesi di Barolo Barolo 

1x 1991 Stag's Leap Wine Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Cask 23 (mag)
1x 2008 Schrader Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon "Old Sparky" Beckstoffer To-Kalon Vineyard (mag)
2x 1994 E. Guigal Côte Rôtie La Landonne
2x 1993 E. Guigal Côte Rôtie La Mouline
2x 1993 E. Guigal Côte Rôtie La Turque
2x 2007 E. Guigal Côte Rôtie La Mouline
6x Torbreck Run Rig
3x 1992 Taylor Fladgate Vintage Port
12x 1997 Taylor Fladgate Vintage Port

sd-wineaux posted:

1x 1991 Stag's Leap Wine Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Cask 23 (mag)
1x 2008 Schrader Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon "Old Sparky" Beckstoffer To-Kalon Vineyard (mag)
2x 1994 E. Guigal Côte Rôtie La Landonne
2x 1993 E. Guigal Côte Rôtie La Mouline
2x 1993 E. Guigal Côte Rôtie La Turque
2x 2007 E. Guigal Côte Rôtie La Mouline
6x Torbreck Run Rig
3x 1992 Taylor Fladgate Vintage Port
12x 1997 Taylor Fladgate Vintage Port

Nice haul!

csm posted:

Not sure how this happened but, 

1 each

1983 Dunn Howell Mountain CS
1985 Dunn Howell Mountain CS

5 X 1987 Mondavi Reserve CS

No more buying for a while and this time I mean it. 

It’s a mystery! But one with a happy ending. 

Speaking of mysteries, I somehow ended up winning this tonight:

2004 Luciano Sandrone Barolo Cannubi Boschis (magnum)

Not complaining, mind you. Got it for a great price.

Just got a call from my Product Consultant. Apparently head office says there was a misprint in Classics and the Fourrier is not actually Fourrier. Turns out it's some other no name producer called Herve Kerlann. I've been offered the option to return my case. Hugely disappointing.

winecanuck posted:

Just got a call from my Product Consultant. Apparently head office says there was a misprint in Classics and the Fourrier is not actually Fourrier. Turns out it's some other no name producer called Herve Kerlann. I've been offered the option to return my case. Hugely disappointing.

How does that happen?

They've changed it on the VSO website, and the blurb about Kerlann doesn't sound promising: through the 1980s Herve Kerlann lived in Quebec and split his time between selling wine and editing films. "When he returned to France in 1991 he decided to focus on sharing the best wines of Burgundy with the world." What does that even mean?

sunnylea57 posted:
winecanuck posted:

How does that happen?

I'll hazard a guess, which is that there is limited supply and a bunch of people that don't normally wait in line bought it all, so the "replaced" the wine with something else for those that wait in line with the rest of the plebs. 

I love how they make it seem as though they are doing you a favour by complying with their own return policy and giving you your money back when they don't deliver the agreed upon goods. 

It is beyond time for the KGBO to go.  

csm posted:
sunnylea57 posted:
winecanuck posted:

How does that happen?

I'll hazard a guess, which is that there is limited supply and a bunch of people that don't normally wait in line bought it all, so the "replaced" the wine with something else for those that wait in line with the rest of the plebs. 

I love how they make it seem as though they are doing you a favour by complying with their own return policy and giving you your money back when they don't deliver the agreed upon goods. 

It is beyond time for the KGBO to go.  

Exactly! Me being able to return the product within 30 days is policy for any purchase. You royally failed, falsely advertising the product. You should be offer more than than your return policy to compensate me for the mistake.

I did wonder if they had less inventory than posted and so replaced my order with something else. Although I'm told it's still 2010 and still Gevrey Chambertin (though obviously a much worse producer), so I'm not sure if they would be smart enough to conveniently substitute that.

I'm told that I'll get the phone number of someone at head office I can take the matter up with.

Add Reply

Likes (0)