Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
quote:
Originally posted by duckfaninmt:
2007 Beaulieu Vineyard Tapestry Reserve

Duck,

How was this? I have a bunch these that I haven't tried yet.

I really enjoyed it. I've got a feeling that this wine has a long life ahead so it should cellar well. If you drink it now (which I think you should... at least one or two!) I believe that it needs an hour or two in the decanter to unwind a bit, after which it's drinking really nicely. Definitely worth cellaring but also very enjoyable now with a couple hours of air. A really good wine at a decent price.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
2004 Alvaro Palacios Les Terrasses

How was it?

Tonight, 1966 Chateau Haut Brion

A very nice showing. Tannins not quite integrated but not overpowering either. Another year in the cellar, IMO. This was the first of the '04s that I've opened and was keen to check in.

May your H-B show well this evening!
Special occasion?
quote:
quote:
quote:

How was it?

A very nice showing. Tannins not quite integrated but not overpowering either. Another year in the cellar, IMO. This was the first of the '04s that I've opened and was keen to check in.

KSCO2, I had two bottles of the '05 in Ireland, and they were excellent!
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How was it?

KSCO2, I had two bottles of the '05 in Ireland, and they were excellent!

While both 2004 and 2005 are great vintages in Priorat, I think I prefer the 2005s to the 2004s. Most of what I've read indicates the reverse.
Last night, watching a fun hockey game, we had

- NV Pierre Peters Champagne Blanc de Blancs Cuvee de reserve -- very nice, very dry and citrusy, good aperitif, 90 pts

- 1998 Penfolds Cabernet Sauvignon Bin 707 -- one of the best Aussie Cabs I've had, very floral, rich fruit, around 93-94 pts

- 1999 Produttori Del Barbaresco Riserva Montestefano -- drinking very well now, still some fine tannins but lots of fruit, good acidity, can last a while longer, around 91-92 pts
quote:
While both 2004 and 2005 are great vintages in Priorat, I think I prefer the 2005s to the 2004s. Most of what I've read indicates the reverse.

I personally think that the '04s are truly capable of being the superior vintage and truly require continued cellaring. While the '05s are excellent now and into the foreseeable.
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
- 1998 Penfolds Cabernet Sauvignon Bin 707 -- one of the best Aussie Cabs I've had, very floral, rich fruit, around 93-94 pts

Nice, Seaquam! Good to see your note. I hope all is well with you both. I have one lonely bottle of this wine and your note makes me think I should give it a go!
quote:
Originally posted by theweb:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
1978 Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley

How was that Rob? I have an '87 I've been thinking of opening soon.

I posted a TN in the section. I've only had a half glass while decanting it for dinner tonight but it is right between quite and very good. It's on the lighter side for a Napa Cab, but this is the oldest one of those I"ve ever had so... Much more like a Margaux than anything else that comes to mind.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by theweb:
quote:
1978 Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley

How was that Rob? I have an '87 I've been thinking of opening soon.

I posted a TN in the section. I've only had a half glass while decanting it for dinner tonight but it is right between quite and very good. It's on the lighter side for a Napa Cab, but this is the oldest one of those I"ve ever had so... Much more like a Margaux than anything else that comes to mind.

Sounds like it's showing well Smile for a 30 something year old wine
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
2006 Santadi Carignano del Sulcis Superiore Terre Brune

lunch at L'Angolo Divino enoteca (Rome)

Insert he green envy graemlin here! What did you think of the wine? It's my pick as Sardinia's best. I bought 6 bottles of the 2005 but the one I tried was far from ready.

The 06 is way too young. I brought the rest of the bottle back to my hotel and had a retaste after dinner some 10 hours after it was opened - and it has blossomed into a really nice deep-flavoured wine. At this point, it is incredibly rich and dense with lovely flavours of game, tobacco, and spicy dark fruits. Damn good wine for a very reasonable price.

Tonight: 2005 Cordero di Montezemolo Barolo Enrico VI

Dinner at il Gabriello (Rome)
quote:
Originally posted by mpls wine guy:
Qhdeputy, the last time I had the 07 Quilceda was just a brick. How was it showing now? I tried it a year ago with my brother.

Just popped and poured a tiny bit ago. Haunt tried my first sip yet. My wife and I have a tradition to cheers and kiss before our first drink. She is in organization mode and I'm having troubles pulling her away Roll Eyes I will let you know later tonight.
quote:
I have yet to be blown away by the Cabernet wine. I'm beginning to think all hype.

w+a - KSC, D, M, and I shared a 2003 QC last weekend which was very nice. A 100 point wine? Not in the least. If pressed, I'd place it at a strong 94, with some potential for improvement. Not my cuppa, but a very good wine.

PH
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
I have yet to be blown away by the Cabernet wine. I'm beginning to think all hype.

w+a - KSC, D, M, and I shared a 2003 QC last weekend which was very nice. A 100 point wine? Not in the least. If pressed, I'd place it at a strong 94, with some potential for improvement. Not my cuppa, but a very good wine.

PH

A very fair assessment, PH

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.