That is not a good price for the Produttori normale. The 2014 was $39 here and the 2015 is currently available for $42.

Of course that pales compared to the $516 they want for the 2011 Solaia.

Some the South African whites interest me if I can remember to order on the day they are made available.

steve8 posted:

That is not a good price for the Produttori normale. The 2014 was $39 here and the 2015 is currently available for $42.

Of course that pales compared to the $516 they want for the 2011 Solaia.

Some the South African whites interest me if I can remember to order on the day they are made available.

Thanks Steve - yikes!  Add $9 to the KGBO price and get the Riserva Produttori at SAQ. 

Ciccio10 posted:

What about this for $64??

Maison Roche De Bellene Collection Bellenum Gevrey-Chambertin Villages 2000

I found early vintages of Roche de Bellene to be quite variable, with some real disappointments, so I stopped buying them.   I'm not 100% if this bottling is when he was buying up earlier vintage wines from other producers and relabeling to launch his brand.   

I was busy and didn't log on until 8:35. It showed 3 bottles of the Prado still available but when I added them to my cart it said the Prado was unavailable. I refreshed the page a few times, and each time it showed a different quantity available - 2, 3, 5 - and each time it wouldn't let me add them to my cart... until about 8:40 when I was finally able to secure 2 bottles and check out.

Doesn't it suck when you have a business meeting at 8:30?  I've missed more Classics that way than I've been able to ordered in. 

Grabbed some Paleo (thanks to Paul & Rick for that visit), Muga, and a bottle each of the 2016 whites - Cantina Tramin Stoan Bianco & Rotem & Mounir Saouma Inopia.  They'll be pop and pour to check on.  Surprised there was no limit on the Muga, but am not complaining.  My order went through at 8:32 and about 20 bottles of Muga still showed as available; that said, surely they were all gone as orders were in the process of CC approval.

For August, am tempted by the Araujo (Eisele) Sauv Blanc.  It's expensive, it's racy, but it is so delicious.  Will see what the bank account looks like then.

Add Reply

Likes (0)