Last night at Zucca for Barb's birthday:

2006 Marc Hebrart Special Club - very good as you might expect

2000 Domenico Clerico Percristina Barolo - this was astonishingly great!  Considering several other recent experiences with bottles from the 2000 Barolo vintage, I went armed with a backup... but this may very well end up being my wine of the month.

2004 Conterno-Fantino Sori Ginestra Barolo - lots of oak on this.  It's a well-made Barolo that just did not stand up on the same podium as the Percristina.

2004 Querciabella Palafreno - powerful and rustic, but less refined than some of the other Italian merlots that I prefer.

sunnylea57 posted:
mangiare posted:

funny guy that Sunnylea, funny guy

2004 Tignanello - much darker in profile than most of the wines I've been drinking lately. No rush based on this bottle. 

Damn. Apparently it's only available in Tennessee:

http://www.shotgunredwine.com/WineStores2.html

Sunny,  If you are a fan of the 2004 Tig let me know and I'll bring it to a future event we both attend.  I still have around 5 of the 04's left in my northern cellar and I haven't tasted any of them in a long time.

otw posted:
sunnylea57 posted:
mangiare posted:

funny guy that Sunnylea, funny guy

2004 Tignanello - much darker in profile than most of the wines I've been drinking lately. No rush based on this bottle. 

Damn. Apparently it's only available in Tennessee:

http://www.shotgunredwine.com/WineStores2.html

Sunny,  If you are a fan of the 2004 Tig let me know and I'll bring it to a future event we both attend.  I still have around 5 of the 04's left in my northern cellar and I haven't tasted any of them in a long time.

😁 I was referring to the Shotgun Red only being available in Tennessee. But yes, I'd love to drink an '04 Tig with you. 👍🏼

This past weekend:

2006 Pierre Moncuit Champagne Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs Brut Millésimé - I'm a fan of Pierre Moncuit and this vintage BdB is terrific.

2008 Henri de Villamont Auxey-Duresses Les Hautes Blanc - a lovely surprise: crisp, clean, citrus and limestone, with no overt wood influence.

2005 Domaine Bertagna Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Les Murgers - concentrated, tangy cherry and black liquorice, with some barnyard funk on the nose. Drinking really well, but years of life ahead of it.

Add Reply

Likes (0)