July 2018 - What Are You Drinking?

sunnylea57 posted:

2008 Michele Castellani Amarone della Valpolicella Classico Collezione Ca del Pipa Cinque Stelle

I have lost all interest in Valpolicella. Couldn't get through more than a single glass of this.

I love the Cinque Stelle, so if you have more of those pesky bottles I'd take them off your hands.

steve8 posted:
mangiare posted:

2007 Querce Bettina Brunello di Montalcino
2005 Paitin di Pasquero-Elia Barbaresco Sorì Paitin

How were these 2 wines drinking Mangiare? TIA.

Steve8, they were the best of the bunch and definitely drinking well. Both were fresh after a full afternoon slow-ox.
The QB is a gorgeous display of sangiovese however as previously mentioned the cork was 80%+ saturated. 

steve8 posted:
sunnylea57 posted:

2008 Michele Castellani Amarone della Valpolicella Classico Collezione Ca del Pipa Cinque Stelle

I have lost all interest in Valpolicella. Couldn't get through more than a single glass of this.

I love the Cinque Stelle, so if you have more of those pesky bottles I'd take them off your hands.

Steve, it was my one and only Cinque Stelle - and my second last Valpolicella. One more to go and I’m done. 

robsutherland posted:

8 magnums of 2014 Louis Jadot Clos des Ursules between 12 people. 

Maybe a silly question but why? I find it tough drinking magnums with my wine groups as everyone always want to contribute and try different wines. So much of one wine seems hard for me to fathom? Special circumstances perhaps?

An great Cabane a vin was had by Steve8, mimik and friends celebrating our birthdays of the past week. Great food and great wines.

With bbq leg of lamb and duck fat roasted baby potatoes and fava beans, we had 

nv Vimart & co Champagne( very good)

2013 Pascal Cotât Sancerre Les Monts Damnes( va)

2015 Domaine Grillot-Broux macon-cruzilles les Genievries white

2000 Pegau réservée cdp( great and drinking very well now.)

2002 E&E Black Pepper Shiraz

nv 2013 Benjamin bridge methode classique sparking wine( not worth the price of admission, rather one dimensional)

Saturday lunch with artisanal cheeses, charcuterie and others niblings

2012 Ageno la Stoppa orange natural wine

Nv Dr. Loosen Riesling Extra dry sparking wine

With Paela dinner

1970 Faustino I gran reserva(stunning, still youthful but resolved)

2001 Tondonia réserva red( not as good as the last bottle and Steve8 mentioned the bottle variation that exists with these bottles.)

2008 Aalto Ribuera del Duero( young but very beautiful)

2005 Jacques Prieur les santenots 1er cru(young And disjointed. Hold)

2006 Taittinger comptes Blanc des blancs champagne( an almost epiphany wine for me, just gorgeous and wotw for me)

1994 Dows Vintage port half very good 

I’m probably missing a bottle or two but I’m pretty sure Steve8 will chime in.

All in all a great weekend!!

mimik posted:

nv Vimart & co Champagne( very good) Grand Cellier

2013 Pascal Cotât Sancerre Les Monts Damnes( va) What does the (va) mean? If volatile acidity, you're confused. It was the LdH Tondonia that had VA taint.

2015 Keermont, Chenin Blanc,Terrasse

With Paela dinner

Stunning is a little strong. It was excellent.

2001 Tondonia réserva red( not as good as the last bottle and Steve8 mentioned the bottle variation that exists with these bottles.)

This bottle was flawed by VA.

2006 Taittinger comptes Blanc des blancs champagne( an almost epiphany wine for me, just gorgeous and wotw for me)

Yep. Outstanding.

I'd say it was a lot better than just very good.

Yes it was.

steve8 posted:
mimik posted:

nv Vimart & co Champagne( very good) Grand Cellier

2013 Pascal Cotât Sancerre Les Monts Damnes( va) What does the (va) mean? If volatile acidity, you're confused. It was the LdH Tondonia that had VA taint.

2015 Keermont, Chenin Blanc,Terrasse

With Paela dinner

Stunning is a little strong. It was excellent.

This bottle was flawed by VA.

Yep. Outstanding.

I'd say it was a lot better than just very good.

Yes it was.

Sorry. The Pascal Cotat should have read 'VG' as very good, not 'VA' as in volatile acidity.

Paltrinieri Lambrusco Solco Emilia IGT - great to beat the heat with a small plate of salamis and some nice bread.

1999 ch. haut bergey blanc.  opened nicely but was completely oxidized about 30 min later.

2001 Fuligni BdM - after 2 hrs in the decanter it was still pretty hard on the edges.  tertiary notes are developing but i think this bottle showed a little young still.

2016 Luis Pato Vinas Velhas Branco - ok.  interesting enough but seemed out of balance.

2016 4Kilos Tanuki Bob Mallorca - Liked it.  Like a Mallorcan bojo in weight with more earthy/pepper notes along the strawberry core and zero RS.  

2016 I Vigneri Salvo Foti Etna Rosso - Also liked it.  fragrant, light in appearance a bit more depth on the palate, zippy red fruit, herbal, mineral/ash/smoke.  Competent etna rosso.

vinoevelo posted:

2001 Fuligni BdM - after 2 hrs in the decanter it was still pretty hard on the edges.  tertiary notes are developing but i think this bottle showed a little young still.

Thanks for taking one for the team. I'll continue to hold.

Add Reply

Likes (0)