Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
2003 Leoville Barton
How is this drinking? I have some 03's in my cellar including the Barton but I have heard 03's are not holding up well.

Glenn - I can't speak for Rothko's bottle, but mimik opened a bottle of this a few weeks back and it showed very well, indeed. Very Bordeaux throughout and in great balance. A real joy to drink now.

It showed better than the '03 LLC I opened to compare the two styles. Surprisingly, I found the '03 LLC almost modern in profile. Not what I expect from this Producer.
quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
2006 Pian dell'Orino

I'm definately 96 on that! DK Suckling, but Galloni described this one to a tee.

Glad to hear it - I picked one up recently to give it a test drive. BTW, where did you source this? Presumably not in Ontario..?

Had it with dinner last night at Montalcino and picked up a case earlier in the day at enoteca in Siena.

(Note: The winery is sold out of this wine, so when the wine shops/distributors sell out their inventory ...there ain't no more)
quote:
Originally posted by Whitey:
My wife and I finally had a night alone after the kids went down so I asked her to pick out what she wanted and she went with a 2007 Buccella Merlot. Definitely new world, but after 2 or so hours this really opened up into a beautiful wine. Quite enjoyed this but I would keep cellared for a couple more years minimal.
Are you in the new house now?
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
quote:
My wife and I finally had a night alone after the kids went down so I asked her to pick out what she wanted and she went with a 2007 Buccella Merlot. Definitely new world, but after 2 or so hours this really opened up into a beautiful wine. Quite enjoyed this but I would keep cellared for a couple more years minimal.

Yes sir. Moved in first part of this year. And now have a new addition to the family explaining all the company and "help". How are things in Houston?
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
quote:

Yes sir. Moved in first part of this year. And now have a new addition to the family explaining all the company and "help". How are things in Houston?
Big Grin

Hot, but not as hot as Dallas I imagine. Everything is going well, though.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
I haven't had the wine in question, but I'd expect it be a meaty powerful wine rather than a floral ephemeral wine.

Why would you think that? "Powerful" was never the house style there before the winemaking changed hands in the late '90s. Remington Norman described it pretty well in "Rhone Renaissance."

Our friends have five left, I need to see if I can sweet talk him into opening a couple more. I have one last bottle of '88, maybe that's a good bribe. Let me know if you happen to be swinging through Austin.
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
2003 Leoville Barton
How is this drinking? I have some 03's in my cellar including the Barton but I have heard 03's are not holding up well.

Glenn - I can't speak for Rothko's bottle, but mimik opened a bottle of this a few weeks back and it showed very well, indeed. Very Bordeaux throughout and in great balance. A real joy to drink now.

It showed better than the '03 LLC I opened to compare the two styles. Surprisingly, I found the '03 LLC almost modern in profile. Not what I expect from this Producer.
Thanks
On Saturday night with Impulse, KSC02,Lovelandre, Mimik, Vinaigre, better halves and few other friends at Christophe.

2002 Bollinger, Champagne, Grande Annee
NV Billecart-Salmon, Champagne x 2 (?)
NV Bruno Paillard, Champagne (magnum)
2005 Marc Hebrart, Champagne, Brut Special Club
2007 Kistler, Chardonnay, Vine Hill
2007 Chateau de Beaucastel, CdP, Blanc
2000 Silvio Grasso, Barolo, Pi Vigne
2000 Giovanni Corino, Barolo, Vigneto Arborina
2001 Fuligni, BdM, Riserva
1997 Banfi, BdM, Poggio All'Oro
2001 Antinori, Guado al Tasso
2003 La Massa, Giorgio Primo
1995 Chateau Valandraud, St. Emilion
1999 Chateau Pavie, St.Emilion (magnum)
1999 Penfolds, Shiraz, Grange
2003 Chateau La Tour Blanche, Sauternes

Did I miss any? Not sure about the Billecart-Salmon as I never even saw the labels.

MY WOTN's were the Grange and the Fuligni. Disappointment of the night...Poggio All'Oro.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.