Chipotle risotto, prepared with 2 parts Sauvignon Blanc and 1 part chicken broth, and finished with asiago cheese.

served with:
Porterhouse steak, medium-rare, covered in a wine reduction sauce and topped with some crumbled feta.

The Chipotle risotto was a bit too spicy for the Turley Cedarman, so it was water with dinner, and the wine later. Cool
quote:
Originally posted by ND:
quote:
Originally posted by Brashley:
Porterhouse steak, medium-rare, covered in a wine reduction sauce and topped with some crumbled feta.

Nice way to mask the flavor of a steak.

Mask ... complement ... difference of opinion.
I felt like playing with my food last night.
We went out for a BYO dinner. They had a special of escargot in an almond basil butter. Pretty tasty. We've been drinking almost no wine in preparation for a long European vacation coming up soon, but I caved and brought a wonderful 2003 Joan Simo Les Eres.
Last day of class for me.

Went to Henry's End in brooklyn.

Food was flavorful, rich, hearty and creative.

The mushroom duck is recommended. The veal was cooked to perfection, but they over seasoned the morels (shame).

Skip the Robert Sinskey Merlot 05.

Wished it wasn't so hot outside, as the meal is excellent but I was sweating it off the entire way home.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
Last day of class for me.

So now you have no class? Big Grin

esp not after a bottle of port =)
reminds me of a 1963 taylor post in the buying and selling section ... Oh where has my drunken post gone.
Started the holiday off with a BBQ at a neighbors. He smoked baby backs and a couple of pork butts for over six hours. Add some garlic mashed potatoes and some cole slaw....yum...

Lots of different wines to go with it, but the best were the 2004 Sbragia Gino's Zin, and the 2004 Rosemount GSM....
Grilled strip steak and fillet, grilled chicken tenders on a wooded skewer with red peppers. Fingerling potatoes cut in half coated with minced garlic, sea salt and blackpepper, then finished with melted cheddar cheese, sour cream and crumbled bacon. No wine , had cava last night. The potatoes were baked in a 450 oven for about 20 minutes. The convection mode cooks potatoes quickly.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
fat boy weekend up at lake george with lobster, steaks, crabs, burgers, hot dogs, pizza, and ending the day with a salad.

I'm glad to see you worked in a salad. Wink

It was the side that came with the steak ;-)
Pan-fried sockeye salmon (seasoned with salt and pepper)
Maple syrup and mustard glazed baked sockeye salmon
Fettucini alfredo with chicken and sun-dried tomatoes
Fettucini tossed with sauteed shrimp, EVOO, and sundried tomatoes

Accompanied by a bottle of Two Buck Chuck...
Friday night we grilled some NY strips with a cheddar & jalapeno potato gratin and steamed green beans. A friend brought over the 2004 Fattoria Chianti Riserva Rancia (why to young, hard to enjoy).

Saturday night - pizza and beers.

Sunday night we roasted a chicken with lemon and garlic, mashed potato and a mixed green salad. 2006 Fess Parker Viognier. Wonderful dinner made up for a very poor round of golf earlier in the day.

Add Reply

Likes (0)