Skip to main content

2016 Vietti Langhe Nebbiolo Perbacco - Surprisingly good - nice balanced fruit, white pepper and lots of minerality.   Last time I had this wine was over 10 years ago and I thought it was pretty mediocre then, but this measures up rather nicely against lots of entry-level Barolo.  Even better, the KGBO mispriced it at $26.

@otw posted:

2016 Vietti Langhe Nebbiolo Perbacco - Surprisingly good - nice balanced fruit, white pepper and lots of minerality.   Last time I had this wine was over 10 years ago and I thought it was pretty mediocre then, but this measures up rather nicely against lots of entry-level Barolo.  Even better, the KGBO mispriced it at $26.

We also enjoyed the 2016 tonight, finishing a bottle opened two nights ago. It seemed to get better each day. I’m going to try to keep my hands off the rest of these for at least a couple of years but they’re so darned drinkable now.

Last edited by vint

2010 Rasa vineyards Q.E.D.- really nice Grenache nose and nice front end fruit, but the finish was very light.

2016 Aonair Cabernet Reserve- Beautiful mountain fruit Napa Cabernet.

2017 Saxum The Hex- absolutely fascinating wine, heavy on Grenache with a nice dose of petite Syrah.  Red berries and nutmeg on the nose, just continued to get better over the course of an hour in decanter.

@billhike posted:

2019 Argiolas Vermentino di Sardegna Costamolino. Damn, that’s a mouthful.

Argiolas makes a lot of nice wines like their Vermentino.  I probably like their Monica even more.  But if you want real character, try to find Pala's Stellato Vermentino Nature (also from Sardinia).  I'm not sure if it's exported to North America, but if it is, you'll likely find it in the US market.

Last edited by otw

2004 Vieux Telegraphe Le Crau CdP - really enjoyable.  Reminds me of the days I used to enjoy CdP.

2004 Conterno-Fantino Barolo Sori Ginestra - I'm having trouble appreciating the reasons why Galloni and Tanzer liked this wine so much.  I found the fruit buried under the weight of oak, tannin and tar.  The fruit is there if you look for it, but it's not in the forefront.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.