January 2019: Whatch’alls buyin´?

azwiese posted:

2016 Peay Sonoma Coast Chard

2015 No Girls Syrah

4 days into the year...dang

Love the Peay wines especially the estate chardonnay which ages nicely. The Sonoma coast is very good also. Had dinner with Andy Peay last month and asked him about it. Said it's mostly estate fruit with some fruit from a Charles Heintz vineyard.

patespo1 posted:
tlom285 posted:

2008 Lopez de Heredia Rose!!!! I couldn't pass up this offer. 

Curious if you found it domestically, and if so, approx cost if not prying too much 

Yes, it's available domestically.  I run a wine shop in Connecticut and I had a 3 bottle allocation from my supplier.    PM me and I'll share price. I don't feel comfortable posting it on the board. 

More exploration of Spain....I'm enjoying this:

• 2017 Envinate Lousas „Aldea”, Ribeira Sacra tinto
  • 2017 Envinate Albahara, Almansa tinto
  • 2017 Envinate Tinta Amarela Parcela Valdemedel, Extremadura tinto
  • 2017 Envinate Benje, Teneriffa tinto
  • 2016 Comando G La Bruja de Rozas
  • 2016 Bernebeleva Navaherreros
  • 2016 Bernebeleva Carril del Rey
  • 2016 Raul Perez El Rapalao
  • 2015 Telmo Rodriguez Tabuerniga
  • 2015 Telmo Rodriguez Corriente

6 x 2015 Aldo Conterno Bussiador 

4 x 2012 Pierre Peters L’Esprit Brut Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru

2 x NV Pierre Peters Extra Brut Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru 

1 x 2013 Cappellano Pie Rupestris

2 x 2015 Jerome Prevost Les Beguines

3 x 2015 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Spatlese

2 x 2015 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Auslese

thelostverse posted:

Just bought my Rivers Marie Pinot Noir Summa Old Vines and Sonoma Coast allocation.  I passed on the rest of the allocation as we are way out of room.

Great minds think alike...I just did the same thing for the same reasons 

abryce posted:

nice!  Ontario or south of the border? 

csm posted:
abryce posted:

nice!  Ontario or south of the border? 

A mix of buying from friends looking to offload locally and out of province...as we all know Lcbo offerings of anything worth buying are few and far between. 

pd2k posted:
thelostverse posted:

Just bought my Rivers Marie Pinot Noir Summa Old Vines and Sonoma Coast allocation.  I passed on the rest of the allocation as we are way out of room.

Great minds think alike...I just did the same thing for the same reasons 

No room here either but couldn't pass up SC and AV at those prices 

abryce posted:

1 x Sottimano Barbaresco Fausoni DOCG 2015

Just as a teaser to see what this producer is like

The answer is excellent, and they continue to get better and better. I tasted all the 2015s with Elena Sottimano in April, and they are fantastic. A bottle of 2004 Fausoni was opened last night at a tasting and, while it could have used more air, it was delicious and still has a long life ahead of it.

My favourite single vineyard from Sottimano is Pajore, followed by Curra, but you can't go wrong with any of their wines.

futronic posted:
abryce posted:

The answer is excellent, and they continue to get better and better. I tasted all the 2015s with Elena Sottimano in April, and they are fantastic. A bottle of 2004 Fausoni was opened last night at a tasting and, while it could have used more air, it was delicious and still has a long life ahead of it.

My favourite single vineyard from Sottimano is Pajore, followed by Curra, but you can't go wrong with any of their wines.

Awesome to hear. Spent some time in Barolo this fall and absolutely fell in love with the region. Thinking now I've only been exposed to a few barbaresco producers and want to start branching out.... Any other recommendations? 

abryce posted:
futronic posted:
abryce posted:

Awesome to hear. Spent some time in Barolo this fall and absolutely fell in love with the region. Thinking now I've only been exposed to a few barbaresco producers and want to start branching out.... Any other recommendations? 

At the risk of stating the obvious: 1)  Produttori del Barbaresco, Normale OR Riserva's.  2) Castello di Neive Barbaresco is one of the best deals in the general list at KGBO - now inched up to $27.95 for current vintage (2015).   Had a GREAT visit with the owner Nov 2017. 

Add Reply

Likes (0)