January 2019: What’s for Dinner

futronic posted:
vinoevelo posted:

Grilled moose steaks w. Shaved foie gras

Where'd ya pick up that idea? 

like all my great ideas, i stole it off the internets.  That reminds me....  there's a flank steak in bulgogi sauce and tons of spicy chilies and scallions i've been meaning to make....

Chanterelles and spiny lobster from recent foraging and scuba diving. Sliced shallots, halved smashed garlic cloves, roughly shredded chanterelles, olive oil, into a hot cast iron pan and into the oven as hot as it can get, cooked until the shrooms started to sweat, then added large cubed lobster tail meat, a chopped hot serrano chili, wine, thyme, and butter. Back into the oven for another few minutes until it was hot and foaming, and dumped it over 2 slices of toasted ciabatta bread. nom nom nom

Planning a special dinner with Irwin, food as yet undecided, except that the Latours will accompany a cheese course:

2002 Pierre Peters Les Chetillons Grand Cru
2012 Ermitage Ex Voto (E Guigal)
1976 La Tache (DRC)
1970 Chateau Latour
1959 Chateau Latour
2015 Vouvray Moelleux Le Haut-Lieu Premiere Trie (Huet)
vinoevelo posted:
futronic posted:
vinoevelo posted:

Grilled moose steaks w. Shaved foie gras

Where'd ya pick up that idea? 

like all my great ideas, i stole it off the internets.  That reminds me....  there's a flank steak in bulgogi sauce and tons of spicy chilies and scallions i've been meaning to make....

BTW, I've been meaning to tell you ... I have some 70+ day dry aged steaks for you ...

Spent the weekend eating my way through Chinese restaurants of Vancouver (Richmond really) on busibnes.  While there were plenty of 'wow' moments the highlight had to be a piece of 'sushi' where they brushed the rice with a spiced kewpie mayo, blowtorched it, topped it with peking duck skin and shaved black truffle all over it.  Possibly one of the best things i've eaten outside of Mangiare's house.

vinoevelo posted:

Spent the weekend eating my way through Chinese restaurants of Vancouver (Richmond really) on busibnes.  While there were plenty of 'wow' moments the highlight had to be a piece of 'sushi' where they brushed the rice with a spiced kewpie mayo, blowtorched it, topped it with peking duck skin and shaved black truffle all over it.  Possibly one of the best things i've eaten outside of Mangiare's house.

At Miku?

I honestly dont know what the names of these places were, but it was not Miku.  Most were secret back dining room past the employees only sign somewhere in the basement in a strip mall in Richmond.  We did a quick stop at Yuwa in Kitsilano for a short japnese meal on saturday though.  

Add Reply

Likes (0)