January 2019 - What Are You Drinking?

2016 Jean Foillard Morgon Cote Du Py;  what a terrific wine.  Saw this tasting note on Cellar tracker (posted by user JVIZ)  and its absolutely spot on/could not agree more.  "Hazy red cherry color, showing its naked, unfiltered self. The wine has strong aromatics of red fruits: strawberry, cranberry, and red cherry. A faint hint of pepper washes through on the finish. This is a vibrant wine on delivery. A very sound bottle. Delightful"  

merengue posted:

2016 Jean Foillard Morgon Cote Du Py;  what a terrific wine.  Saw this tasting note on Cellar tracker (posted by user JVIZ)  and its absolutely spot on/could not agree more.  "Hazy red cherry color, showing its naked, unfiltered self. The wine has strong aromatics of red fruits: strawberry, cranberry, and red cherry. A faint hint of pepper washes through on the finish. This is a vibrant wine on delivery. A very sound bottle. Delightful"  

All of Foillard's 2016 released are outstanding!  I drank a 2016 "Eponym" a few weeks ago that was outrageously good! 

2013 Château Mont-Redon - quite minerally, raspberry and cherry flavours accented by southern Rhone spices.  

1992 Château Mont-Redon - It was a bit fragile with lots of sediment - I wouldn't leave this one to age much longer, but I actually thought it was a more interesting wine than the 2013.

Add Reply

Likes (0)