January 2013 - What's for dinner?

quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
Homemade Pizza with thin crust, pesto, chicken, rosemary.
Simple and so tasty
I love pesto on pizza. Sounds good with chicken and rosemary. I'll have to try that soon!

tip from past experience: keep the pesto layer very, very thin. Otherwise the crust base soaks up the oils and you won't get that nice crispiness to the crust underneath Wink
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
all the talk of cast iron pots.

whipped out the le creuset and made a beef bourguignon

Ditto ... braising some oxtail in two LCs. One is a tomato-based liquid (experiment). Second is just plain beef broth but will end up as a Filipino stew.
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
Braised beef short ribs tonight

Had them prepared by basecadet on Friday. Served with celery root mashed potatoes. Paired with 2000 Elderton Command Shiraz and a 2001 D'Arenberg Dead Arm. Delish!

It all sounds awesome. Very well done!
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
Keller's Simple Roast Chicken
Fingerling Potatoes with rosemary, roasted in duck fat.

I can still taste this meal, two days later (in a good way)
Never, ever, underestimate what duck fat can do to potatoes. Magic! Cool
quote:
Originally posted by spo:
Jorgerunfrombulls, can you liken grapeseed oil to anything or is it unique? I don't think I have ever tried it.

I can't really liken it to anything. It has a unique flavor, pretty "stemmy", with some herbal aromatics. I don't care for it very much on its own, but with some lime juice, i think it's great.
quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfrombulls:
quote:
Originally posted by spo:
Jorgerunfrombulls, can you liken grapeseed oil to anything or is it unique? I don't think I have ever tried it.

I can't really liken it to anything. It has a unique flavor, pretty "stemmy", with some herbal aromatics. I don't care for it very much on its own, but with some lime juice, i think it's great.

FWIW - i keep it on hand as it has the highest smoke point of most commonly available oils.

Add Reply

Likes (0)