I have been on a Ceritas kick lately. I have more experience with the whites, so I thought I would give another pinot a try to make sure that I want to stay on the list going forward (cutting my lists way down this year). Popped the 2010 Ceritas Pinot Noir Escarpa Vineyard and it was really lovely. Clean ripe fruit on the palate that was very balanced with nice structure on the finish. Will hold my remaining bottles for a couple more years. Ceritas is a keeper.
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
I have been on a Ceritas kick lately. I have more experience with the whites, so I thought I would give another pinot a try to make sure that I want to stay on the list going forward (cutting my lists way down this year). Popped the 2010 Ceritas Pinot Noir Escarpa Vineyard and it was really lovely. Clean ripe fruit on the palate that was very balanced with nice structure on the finish. Will hold my remaining bottles for a couple more years. Ceritas is a keeper.

Mailing list only??
quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfrombulls:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:

Mailing list only??
I think Rare Wine Co. sells some of their stuff, but production is pretty small.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
First wine in two weeks.

1990 Salon BdB magnum
1949 Latour Pauillac

Well, that made up for it!

+1

It's nice to see a man ease himself back into his hobby slowly and gently, taking just tiny steps until he feels he's comfortably back in the groove once more.
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Originally posted by EB Wine:
quote:
1990 Pol Roger Winston Churchill magnum
1949 Gruaud Larose magnum

What a life your's must be!

As the great Ice-T once stated, pimpin' ain't easy but somebody's gotta do it. Wink

99 problems, but '49s ain't one
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
quote:
1982 Krug
1949 Haut Brion

Blew it with that 82.

For the first time, one of our stockholders (CFO) retired. We shared a number of his birth year wines during our three day annual meeting.

Now retired, he is going to visit the two remaining continents he has never seen. Cool
quote:
Now retired, he is going to visit the two remaining continents he has never seen. Cool

That's a cool bucket list item near and dear to my heart. I'm on the same quest. I have 3 to go and my intention is to knock 2 more out over the next 3-4 years.
2010 Filon Garnacha
2009 Aphillanthes CdR Cuvee Galets

Both enjoyed last night with pizza. Should have had the CdR first, though. The Filon was quite big, along the lines of Tres Picos. The Aphillanthes seemes almost jammy in comparison, although it smelled awesome.

Add Reply

Likes (0)