2010 Chapoutier Le Meal
2009 Fontodi Flaccianello
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
1985 Charles Heidsieck L'Oenotheque Champagne Charlie
2010 Chapoutier Le Meal

Very nice on the le Meal, and where did you get the '85 Charlie? Still my favorite bottle of champagne.

Never mind, I saw it. That should be in the running for deal of the year.
quote:
quote:
quote:
2010 Chapoutier Le Meal

Very nice on the le Meal, and where did you get the '85 Charlie? Still my favorite bottle of champagne.

Rob, I thought I had secured more but ended up landing 2. Due to the seriousness of your statement, I think one has your name on it. Wink

And PS, thank all of you (Rob S included) for deeply implanting the champagne bug in Mr. And Mrs. mangiare Razz
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
quote:

Just curious, did you pick up this one at the SAQ? I snagged three for myself just before Christmas.

Bruce, from the agent- Rogers and co.

May I be so bold as to ask what you paid? I got mine for $82 per, which I thought reasonable.
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
2010 Chapoutier Le Meal

Rob, I thought I had secured more but ended up landing 2. Due to the seriousness of your statement, I think one has your name on it. Wink

And PS, thank all of you (Rob S included) for deeply implanting the champagne bug in Mr. And Mrs. mangiare Razz

I'd feel really bad about that. Not bad enough to say no if you insisted, but bad all the same...

Glad you've had you and your wife have had your champagne epiphany. It's a terrible, wonderful thing.

Did you get my email about the hops shoots?
quote:
Originally posted by EB Wine:
'04 Gaston Chique "Special Club"
'04 Henri Goutorbe "Special Club"

and 2009 Varner Pinot Noir Three Blocks- thrilled to find 3 bottles of this at Binny's this afternoon.

EB, have you had Varner Pinot before? I have not, but thanks to the constant pimping/sharing from thelostverse, I'm a huge fan of their Chardonnay.
quote:
Originally posted by Florida Keys Girl:
We are moving out of our house in a week and a half and don't have a new one yet... so right now, we are buying NOTHING!

You sold! Congratulations.

I hope you find someplace to plug in all your wine storage cabinets.
quote:
2000 Leoville-Poyferre
2004 Uccelliera Brunello di Montalcino
2009 Gerard Raphet Clos de la Roche Cuvee Unique Vieilles Vignes
2010 Gerard Raphet Charmes Chambertin Cuvee Unique
2010 Chapoutier Le Meal

Nice acquisition! Yummy.
- '04 Il Poggione Brunello di Montalcino Riserva

- '06 Il Poggione Brunello di Montalcino Riserva (tasted this last week, and it was incredible.)

- '09 Anderson's Conn Valley Cab Sauv. Estate Reserve (scooped a few of these up at Total Wine in Tempe, AZ for $54. It might have been incorrectly priced.)

- '07 Château Doisy-Védrines

- '07 Chateau Guiraud (Killer stuff and great QPR. I'm really digging these '07 Sauternes.)
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:

- '09 Anderson's Conn Valley Cab Sauv. Estate Reserve (scooped a few of these up at Total Wine in Tempe, AZ for $54. It might have been incorrectly priced.)

- '07 Chateau Guiraud (Killer stuff and great QPR. I'm really digging these '07 Sauternes.)

Have you popped any of the 07 Sauternes? I only have Mryat for 07 but a few other vintages of Guiraud. The 2001 and 1990 Guiraud were both stunning last year.
Our group has gone through a lot of '07 Sauternes. While all have been immensely enjoyable, today I would rank them as follows:

2007 Château Lafaurie-Peyraguey
2007 Château Clos Haut-Peyraguey
2007 Château de Myrat
2007 Château Doisy-Daëne
2007 Château Guiraud
2007 Château d'Arche
2007 Château Filhot

Ranging from about 91 - 95 Points.
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Canuck:
Our group has gone through a lot of '07 Sauternes. While all have been immensely enjoyable, today I would rank them as follows:

2007 Château Lafaurie-Peyraguey
2007 Château Clos Haut-Peyraguey
2007 Château de Myrat
2007 Château Doisy-Daëne
2007 Château Guiraud
2007 Château d'Arche
2007 Château Filhot

Ranging from about 91 - 95 Points.

Thanks - GREAT list! What was it about the Peyraguey's that made them top the list at this point?

I opened a 1975 Filhot before Christmas, and it exceeded expectations - not a Chateau that gets a lot of attention but very, very tasty.
My top 5 of those was CHP, LP, DD, Myrat, Guiraud.

The CHP and LP are top of the heap due to sheer complexity and better acid profile. The CHP is a little lighter nature, and has the highest perceived acid on the list, a combination which gives a real sense of freshness on the nose and palate. I found the LP to be much darker, leaning towards a dried fruit, caramel and burnt sugar profile. Both are lovely, but somewhat contrasting styles.
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:

Have you popped any of the 07 Sauternes? I only have Mryat for 07 but a few other vintages of Guiraud. The 2001 and 1990 Guiraud were both stunning last year.

I have opened a few, including the Guiraud, Doisy-Védrines, Suduiraut, & Rieussec. They were all nice and surprisingly accessible, but the Guiraud was the standout for me. At $24.99 for a split, it's easily one of the best QPR whites on the market, IMO.

Add Reply

Likes (0)