January 2012: What are you drinking?

quote:
Originally posted by jqmunro:
Watching the G-Men play the Cowgirls, and wishing everyone a happy new year!

1999 Delamotte Blanc de Blancs

Hey... where have you been hiding recently, jqmunro?

I even sent you an email some time ago. Glad to see you posting.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by jqmunro:
Watching the G-Men play the Cowgirls, and wishing everyone a happy new year!

1999 Delamotte Blanc de Blancs

Hey... where have you been hiding recently, jqmunro?

I even sent you an email some time ago. Glad to see you posting.

I have been enslaved by work and the woman. That's not to say I haven't been enjoying wine!
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
Tehcnically some where drunk in December and some in January.

NV Roederer Brut Premier
2002 Dom Perignon
2007 Scherrer Pinot Russian River
2007 Clos St Jean Cdp Vielles Vignes
2006 Ramey Larkmead Cabernet
2007 Rivers Marie Cabernet

Hey Dub, how is that Ramey, I got some '06 with my JJ Buckely 1/2 off cards, and was wondering if they needed some time? Thanks.
On New Year's Eve, with some excellent sushi, we had

- NV Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve
- 1996 Dom Perignon
- 2002 Dom Perignon
- 1996 Krug

and a couple of small bottles of sake that were very good and whose names I have to get.

The surprise of the evening for me was how well the Heidsieck showed. It was not a large step behind the other wines, except the Krug which just sort of powers over the others in intensity. But for well under half the cost of the other Champagnes, this is will be a definite purchase for me. The disgorgement date was 2008 and it was bought one or two years ago, so I'm assuming that more recent releases will be what I'll find now; I'm hoping it will be similar.
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
On New Year's Eve, with some excellent sushi, we had

- NV Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve
- 1996 Dom Perignon
- 2002 Dom Perignon
- 1996 Krug

and a couple of small bottles of sake that were very good and whose names I have to get.

The surprise of the evening for me was how well the Heidsieck showed. It was not a large step behind the other wines, except the Krug which just sort of powers over the others in intensity. But for well under half the cost of the other Champagnes, this is will be a definite purchase for me. The disgorgement date was 2008 and it was bought one or two years ago, so I'm assuming that more recent releases will be what I'll find now; I'm hoping it will be similar.

Do you mind telling me how much you paid for the Heidsieck and when (roughly) you bought it? I picked up one here in Ontario from a December release for $54.95.
quote:
Originally posted by txgolfpro:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
Tehcnically some where drunk in December and some in January.

NV Roederer Brut Premier
2002 Dom Perignon
2007 Scherrer Pinot Russian River
2007 Clos St Jean Cdp Vielles Vignes
2006 Ramey Larkmead Cabernet
2007 Rivers Marie Cabernet

Hey Dub, how is that Ramey, I got some '06 with my JJ Buckely 1/2 off cards, and was wondering if they needed some time? Thanks.

A little tight but with some air was drinking pretty well. If you have a few I would open one now and save the others for a few years.
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaferguy91:
2008 Penner-Ash Pinot Noir Dussin
N.V. Nicolas Feuillatte Champagne Brut Rosé
1999 La Sirena Cabernet Sauvignon
2009 Broadley Pinot Noir Reserve
2005 Buccella Cab

How was the Nicolas Feuillatte?

Salmon Pink color. Very pleasing. I gave it a 90.
My new favorite everyday white -- Vinho Verde. This particular one was non-vintage Espiral, $3.99 at Trader Joe's. Light, fresh, crisp, tart, and mildly effervescent. Initial aromas of bread dough yielded quickly to invigorating aromas and flavors of green apple, lemon-lime, and kiwi. 9% alcohol. No one else on Cellartracker had the nerve to give 90 points to such a cheap wine, so I did.
Sunday night

2007 Chave St Joseph Offerus
1999 Philippe Delesvaux Coteaux du Layon Sélection de Grains Nobles

Last night at Cafe Rabelais and 13 Celsius

N.V. Pol Roger Champagne Extra Cuvée de Réserve Brut
2009 J.L. Chave Sélection Côtes du Rhône Mon Coeur
2004 Paolo Bea Montefalco Rosso Riserva Vigna Pipparello ($65 at 13 Celsius, I can't it any cheaper at retail)

Add Reply

Likes (0)