Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Brought in the New Year with two Flannery rib caps, oven roasted fingerling potatoes, and sauteed green beans. Lots of different wines highlighted by a 2001 Araujo Eisele and a 2001 Pavie.

Then the next night we went game crazy with duck breast appetizers, wild quail, wild game hens, and Sandhill crane breasts. Had some baked ziti and Caesar salad to go with. We popped some CdPs and some Cali Pinots for dinner.

Last night at home, chicken and white bean soup, and some of the leftover rib cap.
I did a while ago when it was raining real hard and I wimped out. I put them in a Corningware pan in a 450 degree oven and they came out really well. I use a meatloaf mix of beef, pork, and veal, and add some chicken broth to keep them moist. I add some chopped scallions and spices and we've been very pleased with the result.

I played around with cod a few weeks ago and found it came out exceptionally well when steamed.

I've have plenty of failures also. I am incapable of roasting a duck. I've given up on pork tenderloin, tilapia, catfish, swordfish, and turkey. But I digress.
A seafood soup including: Butter clams, surf clams, caracols, Gulf shrimp, NZ mussels, Humboldt squid, anchovy strip and just before removal from heat: Fresh Caribbean red snapper pieces for a soft poach. Mirepoix base with garlic, new potato cubes; one tiny, tiny green habanero chile; San Marzano tomato, my last quart of fish stock and a fair splash of Antiguo reposado tequila. One big bay leaf, a good pinch of powdered sargasso, fresh oregano and marjoram. 1 tbsp. of Kikkoman lo-sodium soy sauce. Now I get to be Reposado-ed a bit... Time to add to my vitamin D content! Cool
Got a couple friends coming over tonight so I'm making roasted chicken breasts with a mustard-scallion sauce, braised leeks, steamed green beans, roasted sweet potatoes. 2004 Pfaffenheim Gewurztraminer Steinert with appetizers, 1995 Figeac St Emilion, 1996 Cantermerle Haut Medoc with the main; both reds smell good. I'm going to open a bottle of Port to have after dessert, which hopefully my wife will remember to pick up.
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
Got a couple friends coming over tonight so I'm making roasted chicken breasts with a mustard-scallion sauce, braised leeks, steamed green beans, roasted sweet potatoes. 2004 Pfaffenheim Gewurztraminer Steinert with appetizers, 1995 Figeac St Emilion, 1996 Cantermerle Haut Medoc with the main; both reds smell good. I'm going to open a bottle of Port to have after dessert, which hopefully my wife will remember to pick up.
Sounds great

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.