Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

We had six dozen. With Chalk Hill Pinot Gris. Too good. Smile

Here's what's cookin' tonight, brought to you by Chef Greg Sonnier:

Gabrielle Washington Wine Dinner

Mojo Marinated and Rosemary Crusted Rabbit tenderloin with Pommes Frites
2002 Buty Chardonnay, Conner Lee Vineyard, Columbia Valley

Crabmeat & Crawfish Eggroll with Marinated Crabfingers and Satsuma Mustard Dipping Sauce
2002 McCrea Cellars, Rousanne, Red Mountain

Smoked Quail Gumbo with Dirty Wild Rice
2001 Buty Merlot/Cabernet Franc, Library Selection, Columbia Valley

Blackened Tuna with Smoked Salmon Stuffed Baby Squash and Caper Dill Creme Fraiche
2002 McCrea Cellars Sirocco, a GSM blend.

Peppercorn Crusted Venison with Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Smothered Greens and Black Grape Sauce
2001 Buty Rediviva -The Stones, Cabernet/Syrah, Walla Walla

Ponchatoula Strawberry Tart
2002 McCrea Cellars Late Harvest Viognier
Last edited {1}
in the past few days: spaghetti with argentinian shrimp and '99 Yering Station pinot noir, duck confit parmentier with greens and 96'Chateau de la Variere Anjou-Brissac, chicken breast roasted with lemons and puree of finish potatoes with cinnamon caps mushrooms with NV Boillot Cremant de Bourgogne, magret de canard with gooseberies with '98 Bournac. i'm feeling lazy and tonight we'll have something with pesto sauce i made yesterday.
tonight we had tilapia, with tomato, mushroom, capers and onions, with a side of steamed broccoli. Had a 2001 Bogle Petit Syrah.
This might sound like a strange combination but it worked.
Oh, plus we started with Black Bean soup.

Irwin

"Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
-Groucho Marx
quote:
Originally posted by Queen Of Hearts:
We had six dozen. With Chalk Hill Pinot Gris. Too good. Smile

Here's what's cookin' tonight, brought to you by Chef Greg Sonnier:

Gabrielle Washington Wine Dinner

Mojo Marinated and Rosemary Crusted Rabbit tenderloin with Pommes Frites
2002 Buty Chardonnay, Conner Lee Vineyard, Columbia Valley

Crabmeat & Crawfish Eggroll with Marinated Crabfingers and Satsuma Mustard Dipping Sauce
2002 McCrea Cellars, Rousanne, Red Mountain

Smoked Quail Gumbo with Dirty Wild Rice
2001 Buty Merlot/Cabernet Franc, Library Selection, Columbia Valley

Blackened Tuna with Smoked Salmon Stuffed Baby Squash and Caper Dill Creme Fraiche
2002 McCrea Cellars Sirocco, a GSM blend.

Peppercorn Crusted Venison with Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Smothered Greens and Black Grape Sauce
2001 Buty Rediviva -The Stones, Cabernet/Syrah, Walla Walla

Ponchatoula Strawberry Tart
2002 McCrea Cellars Late Harvest Viognier

Hey Queenie,, that's some foodie-line-up.

www.vinocellar.com -- Mm-Mm-good
Last edited {1}
Thomas - that was one of the best wine dinners I have ever attended. Everything was simply divine.

The rabbit was to die for; the quail was so tender; the tuna sublime. By the time we got to the venison, we were stuffed. The gumbo was so good, it rivaled Liuzza's (Futronic: note). Different style, however. The roux was so dark and rich, I could have stopped right there. Cool Everyone was completely bowled over by the Washington wine pairings as well.

Tonight my specialty - 4-onion/4 cheese soup. And not much more. Roll Eyes

Last night at Clancy's - Fried oysters w/spinach and brie; shrimp Roumelade; smoked soft shell crabs topped with lump crabmeat; fried eggplant; giant smoked pork loin; sweetbreads; lump crabmeat salad with horseradish dressing w/smoked deviled eggs and Creole tomatoes; broiled grouper; coconut cream pie; lemon chess pie and a bunch of homemade ice-creams and brownies. Oh yeah, the wine -- Blair Estate '99; Staglin Cab '97; McCrea '01 Chardonnay and McCrea '01 Roussanne.

Been a fun week. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://seattle.vinocellar.com
quote:
Posted by joseph.wu:
Faux tarragon salmon

What was faux, joseph-- the tarragon or the salmon? And what's wrong with the real version of either? Or have I misunderstood entirely?

quote:
Posted by Queen of Hearts:
...Clancy's - Fried oysters w/spinach and brie; shrimp Roumelade; smoked soft shell crabs topped with lump crabmeat;

Ah, soft shell crabs topped with crabmeat is SO last year.

I still salivate thinking of it... Smile

-----------------------------

Cheers.
Lamb Stew (Lamb with lots of veggies-carrots, turnips, potatoes and peas), home made bread and a 2001 Yoakum Bridge Syrah. Very nice pairing. The Syrah is a very enjoyable wine-a little caramel, leather then blueberries on the end. After being open for three hours, it started to die. In conclusion, drink now.

Oh and ended with Chocolate Cake.
OK, I forgot to ask Mrs. TJ but we had, IIRC, some really good warm lentil salad with lentils, walnuts, arugula and a warm dressing -- which I think had balsamico in it -- oh yes and goat cheese too.

Then there was this rissoto with mushrooms of a couple types and tomatoes (friesh & sun dried i think) and more I think.

Then there was probably one of the most excellent bread puddings I have ever had -- chocolate bread pudding with a crusty top. Man was it good. ANd it was made with some excellent 70% cocoa chocolate. Hoooo mama

Yum!

Tonight was that recipe for pumpkin chili that Tbird posted about a few months ago. It was pretty good. Especially with the bread we had with it. Nice food pairing.

www.vinocellar.com -- Mm-Mm-good
Made a couple of simple antipasto trays for eats last night - traditional ingredients of pimento-stuffed queen and katamala olives, roasted red peppers, hard salami, cajun-smoked salmon, sliced shallots, smoked, aged gouda cheese and some nice artisan cereal-grain bread. Also did a neat trick w/some asparagus spears:

1 bundle asparagus spears
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
1-2 tbs. EVOO
2 tbs. Ashanti hot sauce
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper

Toss the asparagus spears in the remaining ingredients to evenly coat, then microwave for 2 mins. @ 60% power. Toss again, then nuke again for another 2 mins. @ 60% power. Finish w/juice from 1/2 a lemon to brighten all the flavors. Served on a bed of spring greens w/the remaining liquids poured over top.

The asparagus were tangy, hot, and spicy, cooked but still nice and crunchy.

"This wine should be eaten, it is too good to be drunk."
Jonathan Swift
Last edited {1}
How the King and Queen keep their girlish figures with the way they eat is a mystery of nature....

Tonight we're serving super slow-cooked pot roast (smothered in onion soup mix from a packet and sitting in a bath of coffee) and lots of hard and blue cheeses to complement the TAA wine - 2001 Elderton shiraz (shameless plug for Tbird...), which in turn will be offered blind to a bunch of wine neanderthals (as are, sadly, all our pals) to go along with shiraz/syrah from three other continents:

-South Africa's Graham Beck "the Ridge" 2001
-Rhone's Tardieu-Laurent "les Grands Augustins" 2001
-California's Cline syrah 2000

Finished off, inevitably, by a vintage port:

-1991 Taylor Vargellas

snow sucks.......
Last edited {1}

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.