Skip to main content

So, I gifted my cousin, who just turned 21, a Pinot Noir to welcome him to the world of wine. But unfortunately, he didn't like the taste at all, granted that this was his first time tasting wine. I hope I did not ruin wine for him.
I personally liked wine, ever since I first tasted it. So, I am thinking, may be it is an acquired taste and some people may need to get used to it.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have to admit I've recently acquired the taste of white burgs.

Just something so fun to smell after given enough air time.

Especialyl the bottles that dont prematurately oxidize.

Oregon chards have been very intriguing as well.

Which is funny, because my wine tasting journey started out white, then went red since everyone says red is what serious wine drinkers drink, now it's coming back to whites again.

@g-man posted:

I have to admit I've recently acquired the taste of white burgs.

Just something so fun to smell after given enough air time.

Especialyl the bottles that dont prematurately oxidize.

Oregon chards have been very intriguing as well.

Which is funny, because my wine tasting journey started out white, then went red since everyone says red is what serious wine drinkers drink, now it's coming back to whites again.

Palate drift strikes again!  I've started to enjoy Chianti Classico again, which I had laid off for years.  For awhile, my go to QPR white was the Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc/Viognier blend, but the most recent bottle I opened was sort of fizzy and I didn't care for it much.

@irwin posted:

Palate drift strikes again!  I've started to enjoy Chianti Classico again, which I had laid off for years.  For awhile, my go to QPR white was the Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc/Viognier blend, but the most recent bottle I opened was sort of fizzy and I didn't care for it much.

or maybe i may have the rona and i need high acidity to taste again =P

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.