Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by duckfaninmt:

Apparently I haven't sold enough to make her happy, which is why "this" is unfortunately still happening... sometimes it seems like it'll never end. Frown

I totally agree with you that she needs to help me drink and enjoy it rather than having me sell a chunk of my collection. I know I'd be a lot happier! Wink

duckfaninmt, allow me to introduce you to my favorite movie. Play it once for the wife, & see if she comes around. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
quote:

Apparently I haven't sold enough to make her happy, which is why "this" is unfortunately still happening... sometimes it seems like it'll never end. Frown

I totally agree with you that she needs to help me drink and enjoy it rather than having me sell a chunk of my collection. I know I'd be a lot happier! Wink

duckfaninmt, allow me to introduce you to my favorite movie. Play it once for the wife, & see if she comes around. Wink

Brilliant! Big Grin
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk:
I used to take inventory more frequently, but I just don't have the time, and my wife gets a little pissed when I disappear into the cellar for any length of time, especially if there are screaming kids running around the house.

Geez, Redhawk. Pissy wives and loud kids are some of the reasons I DO head down to the cellar. I'm thinking of moving in a cot down there. Wink

Myself, I do a count about every 3 months or so. But I only have around 400+/-.

No loud kids (or any kids for that matter) but a wife who can be v-e-r-y pissy at times when it comes to my wine collection (and that's an understatement) makes me want to move a cot in the cellar as well.

Have you considered moving the wife out? I'm sure a few of us from the forum would not have an issue having an offline at your cellar and celebrating your freedom.
quote:
Originally posted by Mezzo Litro:
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
quote:
Originally posted by indybob:

...just fun to take them out every now and then to look at them.

Do you ever find yourself polishing the bottles and addressing any of them as "My precious" while you're talking to them?

Just curious... Smile

I love putting on my smoking jacket and slippers and standing in my cellar on a Saturday morning, hot coffee in hand, admiring my trophies. (Did I just say that out loud?)

I love the serenity of the cellar.
quote:
Originally posted by Sticky2:

Have you considered moving the wife out? I'm sure a few of us from the forum would not have an issue having an offline at your cellar and celebrating your freedom.

Trust me, bad as it may sound, that thought's popped into my head more than a few times.

That said, I am still hopeful of making it down to SoCal or nearby at some point this year... if that happens we'll definitely hook up.
Every year or 3 for me. I use to do it every 18 months back when I was split between home and offsite and burst at the seams at home. I haven't done a full inventory in the nearly 2 years since I loaded everything into the bigger, newer cellar at home. Since I am pretty much the only one touching bottles errors are very rare. All told, since I launched CellarTracker, I have 3500 bottles in the cellar and 2500 consumed. In that time I have had one bottle go "Missing and presumed drunk". I even remember the night when it was certainly opened (I was teaching a men's cooking class for 10 thirsty guys). But it pisses me off to break a perfect streak.

Dumpster diving time!  I'll pick jcocktosten's thread for this dive.  Lots of great names here we haven't seen in a while.

I just finished my "annual" inventory. I say "annual" because my last one was exactly three years ago in Nov/Dec 2016.  What can I say?  I suck.  I used to do one a year like clockwork but life got in the way the past few years.  So sue me.

The good news is I did pretty well. I found 19 mistakes spread over 36 months since my last inventory. That is .52 or half a mistake per month. Not too shabby. My net bottle count was 4 lost. That's 4 bottles missing and presumed drunk on a 950 bottle perpetual inventory. Less that .4% or .004 in total. So in the end I'm pretty happy with the results.

Now to get to drinking more.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.