How much do you drink?

Hello,

I am new to drinking wine and I was just wondering how much some of you drink in any given week. I am liking wine very much and just want to get a feel as to how much is considered "overboard".

Thanks!!
Original Post
It really depends on the week. If my wife and I stay home and don’t go out or entertain we will probably drink about 2-3 bottles/week. When entertaining or dining out we will consume more. I find that we probably drink a little bit more wine in the winter vs. summer. However, we probably drink more whites in the summer vs winter. Another reason that I think we drink less wine in the summer is because I drink more beer in summer. It’s very satisfying to finish up a 50 mile bike ride in 90 degree heat with near 100% humidity and down a few ice cold Sierra Nevada Pale Ales or an Ayinger Bräu Weisse.
quote:
sangria

Eek Eek

Seriously, Bella. You can make your own 375's simply. Just get a clean, empty 375. If you know you're not going to finish the bottle, immediately pour (a funnel is helpful here) into the empty 375 within an inch of the top of the bottle. Insert the cork from your bottle (so you'll know wine it is) and push down until wine comes out of the top of the bottle. This is done in the sink. Period! Razz

You now have a virtually airtight seal. No need to lay the bottle on the side either, since the cork is in touch with the wine. Will hold easily for a few weeks if not longer. Try it! I picked up this tip from posters here on the WS boards, and it works like a charm!

PH
anywhere from 1 to a god-awful amount, especially during the summer, when we constantly have guests for the weekend at the beach house.

Just this weekend i brought a case, and we drank it and another 5 bottles to boot.

If restricted to just my wife and I, I'd say 2 to 3 a week on average.
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
Or do like I did and get yourself a bottle of Whitehall Lane CS in .375 format bottled under screwcap. Fill er up, tighten down the cap and slap er back in the cellar. Boil the bottle and cap between uses.
Simply genius...you too PH! I wish someone would have told me this sooner...
3 bottles here as well. per night. plus beer. and liquor. sometimes heroin and coke, but never at the same time.

quote:
Originally posted by indybob:
Wow, this is a thread bump to match all thread bumps. In case anybody's still out there in Learning-land: (personal consumption) about 3 bottles a week. Usually a single glass or two tops on weeknights, 3 or 4 per day on weekends.
quote:
Originally posted by TBird:
3 bottles here as well. per night. plus beer. and liquor. sometimes heroin and coke, but never at the same time.

quote:
Originally posted by indybob:
Wow, this is a thread bump to match all thread bumps. In case anybody's still out there in Learning-land: (personal consumption) about 3 bottles a week. Usually a single glass or two tops on weeknights, 3 or 4 per day on weekends.

I like your thinking, but I find that bongloads seem to bring out hard to discern flavors and aromas better. I'm talking minute plus finishes with hints of fun-yuns and temple balls.

MMMMM...

How much I drink truly depends on the company I'm with. Anything from 1 bottle a week up to a dozen I guess, but a glass of port most evenings is a newfound hobby.
Between my wife and I, I'd say 6-10 per week too. Probably 3 during the week with dinner. It is very rare that a bottle gets opened and not finished the same night. The rest on the weekend. How many bottles depending on the company and mood of the night.

I too like to finish the night with a good single malt, though I find I am often the only one partaking.

Add Reply

Likes (0)