No experience with this type of wine, had a 375 the other night at a restaurant, really enjoyed it right out of the bottle. LCBO just released the 2004, they say that the 2005 won't be available for some time. I can get 375's from the local Ontario agent, just wondering how long I should expect this to be able to age (375's and 750's when/if I can get some).

Thanks,
Machine
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by Machine:
No experience with this type of wine, had a 375 the other night at a restaurant, really enjoyed it right out of the bottle. LCBO just released the 2004, they say that the 2005 won't be available for some time. I can get 375's from the local Ontario agent, just wondering how long I should expect this to be able to age (375's and 750's when/if I can get some).

Thanks,
Machine

This is a very good Beaujolais and Jadot's other single vineyard wines like Grand Carquelin and Rochegres are even better.

I have had versions of the latter at over 10 years of age that were still developing but I tend to drink even the best of my Moulin-a-Vents [and Morgon - the other good ager] from 5 years although they will keep and develop well much longer than that.
Having said that I have been served these wines [I like even the best of them cool from the cellar] much earlier and they have been great.

Good Beaujolais from people like Jean Foillard, Marcel & Mathieu Lapierre, Pierre-Marie and Martine Chermette [to name only a few favourites alongside Jadot] is VERY underrated and one of its many advantages is that infanticide is painless.
I have unfortunately never had the privilege of drinking this delightful wine aged. But the characteritics of the young wine suggest that it has quite a lot of stuffing in it that rewards patience. The problem is that it's so delicious when young, it's hard to talk yourself into waiting.

Given that we are talking about 2005, why not pick up a case, stick it away and come back to it every now and then? Plenty of caveats, but I'm thinking it could go 5-7 years for sure.

//Anders

Add Reply

Likes (0)