I thought I'd try a little crowd-sourcing for some assistance with the wine selection for our son's upcoming bar mitzvah. The venue where we are hosting the event does not permit me to supply my own wine and is forcing me to choose one red and one white from the options below. I'm not really familiar with these wines, so any help would be appreciated.
- Wolf Blass Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bogle Petite Syrah
- Cetamura Chianti
- Willowglen Shiraz
- Firestone Select Cabernet Sauvignon
- Peller Estates Cabernet Merlot
- Oyster Bay Chardonnay
- Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc
- Cusumano Angime Chardonnay
- Wolf Blass Chardonnay
- Santa Margharita Pinot Grigio
- Firestone Vineyard Selection Chardonnay
- Peller Estates Chardonnay
- Antinori Casasole Orvieto
The menu has not yet been finalized, but suffice it to say that we are looking for wines with broad appeal that can be both sipped on their own as well as paired with food. I expect that the appetizers will include red pepper soup, mini burgers, vegetable rolls, and the mains will include lamb, salmon and a butternut squash ravioli.