heard Matt Kramer just left WS

Matt Kramer was a valuable contributor to Wine Spectator for many years. We would have been happy to keep him on the team, but given the evolution of the media landscape, we felt it was time for some changes in his role. After consideration, Matt decided to resign. We wish him the best in his new ventures. 

Thomas Matthews

Wow. I'm out of touch.

The one guy I won't really miss all that much.

No ill-will towards him but I found him too often trite and reliant on platitudes. I think he had a lot to offer but in the last years he reminded me of some Hallmark card version of wine writing.

Lately apparently he's been in Portugal and Spain and he's writing like he's discovered these regions.

thomasmatthews posted:

Matt Kramer was a valuable contributor to Wine Spectator for many years. We would have been happy to keep him on the team, but given the evolution of the media landscape, we felt it was time for some changes in his role. After consideration, Matt decided to resign. We wish him the best in his new ventures. 

Thomas Matthews

You took his red stapler, didn't you?!

My favorite wine writer, bar-none. 

I really enjoyed his book making sense of burgundy when I was first getting into the region.  His writing in WS was snoresville for me unfortunately.  It seemed a dumbed down version of his opinion for the wide audience of the mag.  I think he is talented so will be interesting to see where he ends up and if his tone changes.  

Add Reply

Likes (0)