Griotte Chambertin Information & Pricing Thoughts?

I have had a couple Fourriers over the past few years that have literally floored me (2000, 2003). Having seen the meteoric rise of other miniscule parcels in Burgundy, is Griotte next?

I'd like to start doing some heavy research on this Grand Cru, and aside from Cellartracker, can anyone recommend additional resources?
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by gigmoney:
I have had a couple Fourriers over the past few years that have literally floored me (2000, 2003). Having seen the meteoric rise of other miniscule parcels in Burgundy, is Griotte next?

I'd like to start doing some heavy research on this Grand Cru, and aside from Cellartracker, can anyone recommend additional resources?

Do you have Remington Norman's book, "Grand Cru"? It sounds like you are a person that needs this in his library. His book, "The Great Domaines of Burgundy", is an excellent companion, as well. The section specifically pertaining to Griotte Chambertin in "Grand Cru", is only a page or so, but I'm not sure what more info you could want, other than simply buying and tasting the precious few bottles that come from this site each vintage.

If you buy them, I will gladly help you taste them! Razz

Add Reply

Likes (0)