Greetings from...

IMG_6191IMG_6296IMG_6320IMG_6301IMG_6228IMG_6262IMG_6260DOUBLED, foliage is close to peak now, with some trees already dropping leaves. Stunning to see some of the colours; it's what we came here for. Didn't even mind the rain.

FLWINO, went to top of Cadillac Mountain but unfortunately the very top was sitting in a cloud, so where there should have been spectacular views of Bar Harbour, Frenchman Bay, the Park, Beehive, etc. it was mostly just grey.  Got a few good shots from further down, though. Really a spectacular spot, a national treasure for America.

I understand that Acadian National Park gets over 3 million visitors annually.  Makes total sense to me.

Attachments

Photos (7)
seaquam posted:

DOUBLED, foliage is close to peak now, with some trees already dropping leaves. Stunning to see some of the colours; it's what we came here for. Didn't even mind the rain.

FLWINO, went to top of Cadillac Mountain but unfortunately the very top was sitting in a cloud, so where there should have been spectacular views of Bar Harbour, Frenchman Bay, the Park, Beehive, etc. it was mostly just grey.  Got a few good shots from further down, though. Really a spectacular spot, a national treasure for America.

I understand that Acadian National Park gets over 3 million visitors annually.  Makes total sense to me.

FYI, we spend nearly an hour today driving around the Gatineau Hills, starting about 15 minutes from home (though the colours in our own backyard are also spectacular).  If anyone wants to see fall colours, we got 'em too!

Amtrak train, NYC to DC.

Almost missed the train after unavoidable delays disembarking. Was pretty sure we wouldn’t make it, but a New York cabbie who said she “don’t mind a challenge” got us from Pier 90 to Penn Station in 11 minutes in traffic. It was like something out of a movie. A conductor saw us running down the escalator and held the train for a few seconds so we could board.😀

I made it worth the driver’s efforts, despite us being scared a couple of times. And best of all, I have a story to tell now that I won’t have to embellish at all.😁

Add Reply

Likes (0)