quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
The patio of our apartment overlooking Lake Como. Most beautiful place on earth.


Bellagio?
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
The patio of our apartment overlooking Lake Como. Most beautiful place on earth.


Bellagio?

Actually Varenna. Love going to Bellagio to stroll but prefer Varenna to stay. Apparently Rick Steves mentioned it recently because the crowds here are bigger than we've ever experienced. Still my favorite place...
quote:
Originally posted by FL Wino:
Fox Run
Anthony Road
Horizons
Hazlitt
Red Newt
Ravines
Lamoreaux Landing Wine Cellars


Thanks! Cool

We hit Red Newt yesterday and liked it. Best of today was Hermann Weimer. Not sure we will visit more tomorrow - our last day and we put in many many miles over the past two days!
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by FL Wino:
Fox Run
Anthony Road
Horizons
Hazlitt
Red Newt
Ravines
Lamoreaux Landing Wine Cellars


Thanks! Cool

We hit Red Newt yesterday and liked it. Best of today was Hermann Weimer. Not sure we will visit more tomorrow - our last day and we put in many many miles over the past two days!


Howdy, bman! Did you try Wiemer's TBA?
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by FL Wino:
Fox Run
Anthony Road
Horizons
Hazlitt
Red Newt
Ravines
Lamoreaux Landing Wine Cellars


Thanks! Cool

We hit Red Newt yesterday and liked it. Best of today was Hermann Weimer. Not sure we will visit more tomorrow - our last day and we put in many many miles over the past two days!


Howdy, bman! Did you try Wiemer's TBA?


No, they weren't pouring it. I asked if they would pour anything not on the list and they wouldn't. They said they poured some higher-end stuff on weekends but not during the week.

To be honest, we were surprised how unfriendly some of the pourers were - in one place, Bloomer Creek, the pourer (also the wife of the owner/winemaker) was outright hostile because I didn't want to taste all her wines. She was a really nasty piece of work!
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by FL Wino:
Fox Run
Anthony Road
Horizons
Hazlitt
Red Newt
Ravines
Lamoreaux Landing Wine Cellars


Thanks! Cool

We hit Red Newt yesterday and liked it. Best of today was Hermann Weimer. Not sure we will visit more tomorrow - our last day and we put in many many miles over the past two days!


Howdy, bman! Did you try Wiemer's TBA?


No, they weren't pouring it. I asked if they would pour anything not on the list and they wouldn't. They said they poured some higher-end stuff on weekends but not during the week.

To be honest, we were surprised how unfriendly some of the pourers were - in one place, Bloomer Creek, the pourer (also the wife of the owner/winemaker) was outright hostile because I didn't want to taste all her wines. She was a really nasty piece of work!


Did you teach her a lesson? LOL
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by FL Wino:
Fox Run
Anthony Road
Horizons
Hazlitt
Red Newt
Ravines
Lamoreaux Landing Wine Cellars


Thanks! Cool

We hit Red Newt yesterday and liked it. Best of today was Hermann Weimer. Not sure we will visit more tomorrow - our last day and we put in many many miles over the past two days!


Howdy, bman! Did you try Wiemer's TBA?


No, they weren't pouring it. I asked if they would pour anything not on the list and they wouldn't. They said they poured some higher-end stuff on weekends but not during the week.

To be honest, we were surprised how unfriendly some of the pourers were - in one place, Bloomer Creek, the pourer (also the wife of the owner/winemaker) was outright hostile because I didn't want to taste all her wines. She was a really nasty piece of work!


Did you teach her a lesson? LOL


Nope, just paid for our tasting and got out of there!
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
Varenna on Lake Como

We just got home yesterday. Hope you have a marvelous time!


Great time. Poured rain both nights, but the weather gods smiled on us and we had sunny afternoons.
Monforte d'Alba

It's the height of white truffle season. Settled in here for the next 5 days. Plenty of Barolo tastings and restaurant reservations lined up.

Banana
Sunnylea57
"Monforte d'Alba"
Highly recommend the Villa Beccaris. Spent 4 days there last September recuperating from a 8 day bike ride through those Piedmonte hills. There's also a nice Barolo producer (Conterno Fantino) 100m up the hill that offers tours/ tastings.
Enjoy!
quote:
Originally posted by Arsenal4ever:
Sunnylea57
"Monforte d'Alba"
Highly recommend the Villa Beccaris. Spent 4 days there last September recuperating from a 8 day bike ride through those Piedmonte hills. There's also a nice Barolo producer (Conterno Fantino) 100m up the hill that offers tours/ tastings.
Enjoy!


Thanks A4E. We're staying at da Felicin, recommended by OTW and a number of the other Toronto cru who have stayed here in the past. Fantastic apartment with a view west to the mountains... if only the weather would clear up. We've been very lucky - warm and sunny - until today. Completely fogged in and drizzling.

We have appointments at 6 producers over the next 4 days. I'll post comments as the week progresses.
Last edited by sunnylea57
Had a great meal at Da Felicin, and especially enjoyed a nice Barolo on their patio. Sorry the weather is not cooperating, but it will get better.
Haggis,
Glad you enjoyed the Amalfi Coast. Hope you had a chance to check out Ravello and Positano. I know the area well and wish I could go more often. Where did you dine?
quote:
Originally posted by haggis:
Family just returned from 10 day walking tour of Amalfi coast. Fantastic!

Very cool. We were just there a couple of weeks ago. Stayed in Sorrento, but stopped in Amalfi and Revello. Beautiful.
Just returned from a 2 week trip to Spain with my wife. We went to Madrid, Toledo, Segovia, Sevilla, Estepona, Granada and Barcelona. Fantastic trip !
quote:
Originally posted by Shaferguy91:
Just returned from a 2 week trip to Spain with my wife. We went to Madrid, Toledo, Segovia, Sevilla, Estepona, Granada and Barcelona. Fantastic trip !


I love Spain. Barcelona is my favorite city in the world. No visit to Priorat?

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×