Greetings from...

We're going to head to Victoria BC for a few days starting Jan. 2.

I think Tyee's engagement at one of the local peeler bars there comes to an end the following weekend, and I wouldn't want to miss one of those rare shows as he's in semi-retirement now and not dancing nearly as much as he used to.
I will tell him gladly. I still have an indelible memory of your show at the Warwick in Seattle. It is etched so clearly in my mind now that I no longer have to post or even look at the pictures on the internet.

Only he who is without sin can cast the first pasty, Joe.
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
We're going to head to Victoria BC for a few days starting Jan. 2.

I think Tyee's engagement at one of the local peeler bars there comes to an end the following weekend, and I wouldn't want to miss one of those rare shows as he's in semi-retirement now and not dancing nearly as much as he used to.

My hometown is Victoria!

Sen Sushi on Fort St. has stingray appetizer to die for. Ottavio Deli in Oak Bay is a must as well.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Qhdeputy:
We have a place here. We come both summer and winter. I prefer the summer.

Gig Harbor and Sun Valley-- two pretty cool places between which to be dividing your time. Cool

We love it and are very grateful for what we have.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
I remember the Warwick like it was yesterday. The lust in your eyes will forever burn in my heart.

Well, I think you're at least half right, Joe. My eyes ARE still burning!

I thought I had erased the memory from my mind. Thanks so much you two. Eek

Enjoying New Years Eve from the snowy West Shore of Lake Tahoe. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Cancun:

My hometown is Victoria!

Sen Sushi on Fort St. has stingray appetizer to die for. Ottavio Deli in Oak Bay is a must as well.

Thanks for recommending Sen Zushi! Went last night. The hot foods were more interesting than the sushi but a very enjoyable place. Pork and vegetable miso was the best miso soup I've ever had. Yakitori with tempura prawns and vegetables in soup was different and delicious. Braised cabbage and chicken in light broth was OK. Big-eye tuna sashimi, both back and belly, was OK but not great.

We ordered everything off the daily fresh sheet only. There are some unusual and interesting selections that we will try another time.
quote:
Originally posted by Jabe11:
quote:
Originally posted by Sharkey:
Sharjah, UAE

The first time i flew through Heathrow, it felt like such a foreign experience. That was nothing compared to Dubai airport.

Not sure when you flew through Dubai, but it is a major hub now. Very nice airport.

The view from the 124th floor of the Burj Khalifa, earlier this evening, wasn't too shabby, either.
quote:
Originally posted by Sharkey:

Not sure when you flew through Dubai, but it is a major hub now. Very nice airport.

It was 2007, and was a major hub then. I guess it just made an a impression on me. A nice airport, esp. is you want to buy gold.
quote:
Originally posted by Bigfoot003:
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
The balmy Twin Cities.

And no call? WTF?

Cold enough for ya? LOL

I thought about emailing you, but I literally flew in and out the same day. And YES wow it's cold. My personal favorite was the complimentary ice scraper in the rental car.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigfoot003:
quote:
The balmy Twin Cities.

And no call? WTF?

Cold enough for ya? LOL

I thought about emailing you, but I literally flew in and out the same day. And YES wow it's cold. My personal favorite was the complimentary ice scraper in the rental car.

That's a shame. Would have been nice to catch up and crack a bottle. Next time. And yes, those lovely litle scrapers tend to snap on the first use, but it's the thought that counts.
West Bend, WI.

Fly into Milwaukee, walk outside the airport and stand there until your left nut falls off. Then drive north an hour, get out of your car and stand there until your right nut falls off. You're now in West Bend, WI.

Expecting a freaking blizzard or some such nonsense tomorrow morning. Yes, I'm supposed to fly home tomorrow morning. We'll see about that.

Add Reply

Likes (0)