Trip is not starting off so great. 14 of us. We were supposed go get here at 11am via Air France through Paris. Flights changed 4 times. Group was split up on two different flight finally all together at airport at 7pm. When all said and done 5 of the 14 had their luggage. Tomorrow is a new day. Just the start of a month trip.
quote:
Originally posted by Qhdeputy:
Trip is not starting off so great. 14 of us. We were supposed go get here at 11am via Air France through Paris. Flights changed 4 times. Group was split up on two different flight finally all together at airport at 7pm. When all said and done 5 of the 14 had their luggage. Tomorrow is a new day. Just the start of a month trip.

It is all behind you now, Qhdeputy, and there is nothing ( hopefully) in your luggage you can not buy in Italy. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
quote:
quote:
San Antonio.

STILL in San Antonio. Mad
Try Il Sogno yet?

I have been a few times... you like?
I've only been once but we were impressed. Both service and food were top notch. Plus the prices are amazing for the quality/quantity of food. I don't think we cleared a single plate. We stayed for the entire dinner service (5 hours).
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
After a hell of a driving day, Columbia, Maryland.

In addition to PH's comment, if you're looking to eat out, try Cafe de Paris, in Columbia, one of our favorite haunts. Tell them you heard about the from Wine Spectator.
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
Toronto - Yonge at Bloor. Moving son into his first apartment a few blocks away, 5 minute walk to his new job. His life is good.... Smile

Please send PBoy regards from my wife, my son (the one he spoke with), and me. That young man has a wonderful future.
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Yes. Ask for Eric and mention irwin. You'll be guaranteed a smile and a good meal.

PH

Or mention Purple Haze. Best to brush up on your French before going though.
Brume de violet Wink

We are in town quickly for a wedding that we just got back to the hotel from, so no dinners out. I did have time to sample some local brews at Ram's Head in Savage Mill earlier today, though.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
Budapest. Beautiful city, not great weather.

Take notes, Seaquam.

After Istanbul, Budapest is next up we are thinking.

Budapest is lovely. We stayed at the Sofitel, right on the Danube, spectacular view of the castle and Mathias Church. Our hotel, and the Intercontinental next door as well, are great locations for this city. Have a couple restaurant recs, both Italian (go figure; we didn't have goulash once in our 3 days there), and will post about them later.

We're on AMA Waterways Amalyra, really nice ship, very good food, very friendly and accommodating crew. Weather is gray and lightly raining, and we're about 2 hours outside of Bratislava, Slovakia. We've been here before, but it has charming Old Town that's worth exploring more than once.

Middle Europe in July-- weather should be MUCH better than this! Has anyone else noticed that the weather around the globe has become less predictable??
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Paris was very cold in mid-August.

SeaQ, I hope you'll post your impressions of the areas you visit and the cruise.

Will try. Internet intermittent as we rely on satellite uplink that gets interrupted when we go under numerous bridges or enter locks.

Bratislava is very pretty town, with lots of medieval-looking alleyways. Old Town touristy, lots of cafés, street vendors, green spaces. Castle is interesting and imposing, overlooking town on hill, but currently being converted to museum so many areas off-limits (this does not stop my wife who seems to get by security by smiling a lot and walking quickly). Like most of Central Europe, easy to find excellent local beers in most small taverns.

We take almost all meals on our ship, where the food and variety are excellent. I am having mostly fresh fish-- salmon, perch, halibut-- perfectly prepared and nicely presented. Service is excellent. Wine (or beer) are included with dinner, and selection unfortunately is small. I don't really take much of a look at the labels as these aren't wines I'll be buying to bring home, but the local 'specialty' wine is served. There was a Badacsonyi Szurkebarat (Hungarian white) that was good; the others were passable but simple. Last night a Slovakian Chardonnay, and the red offering was a Zweigelt which my wife said was soft and fruity, offering more on the nose than the palate.

We're just now docking in Vienna. Hotel Sacher for lunch today, with the obligatory slice of cake with my capuccino.

Hope all are having better summer weather in NA than we are experiencing here. Smile
Montalcino... Fuligni was clearly the best visit! Barrel tasted BdM 2008, 2009 and 2010. The 2010 BdM will be amazing! Thanks to everyone for their trip reports and recommendations. I said hello to Roberto and Sandra at Querce Bettina for Jochems/LB and Katia at San Polino for Kevin_H. On to Almalfi coast tomorrow then finishing in Rome.
Dürnstein, Austria. Beautiful, picturesque little town on the Danube, at the beginning of the Wachau wine region. Some nice local Gruner Veltliners, and even nicer 2010 Rieslings, dry, minerally, great acidity, similar to Alsatian, probably very good agers.
quote:
Going to visit any Finger Lakes wineries?

Yes, we went to several today and will hit a few tomorrow. Didn't take any in-depth notes, but we confirmed the inkling we already had - reds are hit or miss but the Rieslings are awesome! Especially so at Herman Weimer. The guy pouring in the tasting room was a bit pompous and felt the need to tell us that everything he poured was the best of it'k kind in NY, and that they brut sparkler was the "best Champagne" he ever had for under $100. Settle down, sparky! Several really great Rieslings, though, and a very nice late harvest Chardonnay dessert wine. Dr. Konstantin Frank was a disappointment, even their Rieslings. Heron Hill was a nice surprise. Two really good Rieslings and the best reds (IMO) we had today. Picked up their Cab Franc and a Bordeaux-style blend. Glenora has a great view of Seneca lake and decent Rieslings, but that's about it.

Not trying to pimp for them, but we are enjoying our stay at the Echoes of the Glen B&B. Added bonus is that it's only a block from the entrance of Watkins Glen State Park, where we were able to walk of some of the awesome breakfast climbing stairs to the waterfalls.
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Going to visit any Finger Lakes wineries?

Yes, we went to several today and will hit a few tomorrow. Didn't take any in-depth notes, but we confirmed the inkling we already had - reds are hit or miss but the Rieslings are awesome! Especially so at Herman Weimer. The guy pouring in the tasting room was a bit pompous and felt the need to tell us that everything he poured was the best of it'k kind in NY, and that they brut sparkler was the "best Champagne" he ever had for under $100. Settle down, sparky! Several really great Rieslings, though, and a very nice late harvest Chardonnay dessert wine. Dr. Konstantin Frank was a disappointment, even their Rieslings. Heron Hill was a nice surprise. Two really good Rieslings and the best reds (IMO) we had today. Picked up their Cab Franc and a Bordeaux-style blend. Glenora has a great view of Seneca lake and decent Rieslings, but that's about it.

Not trying to pimp for them, but we are enjoying our stay at the Echoes of the Glen B&B. Added bonus is that it's only a block from the entrance of Watkins Glen State Park, where we were able to walk of some of the awesome breakfast climbing stairs to the waterfalls.

Wiemer makes a great TBA. Their dry Riesling is my favorite from the region. I think Dr. Konstantin Frank prodices the best reds in the eastern 3/4 of North America. I'd also recommend Fox Run, Lamoreaux Landing, and Lucas.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
Buenos Aires - Glad I packed my jacket, it was a bit chilly this morning.

Too hot in Atlanta..too cool in BA.

You would complain if they hung you with a new rope. Razz Wink

Big Grin

Which jacket to pack ranked up there with which ties to bring during my pre-trip ritual. Highs in the mid to low 50's and lows mid 30's really is right down the middle between wind breaker and heavy jacket.

My dad suggested just bring sweaters, VERY glad i didn't take that advice.
As for the rope, as long as it wasn't a scratchy kind I'd be ok. Smile
quote:
quote:
You would complain if they hung you with a new rope. Razz Wink

As for the rope, as long as it wasn't a scratchy kind I'd be ok. Smile

I'm thinking that would be the last thing on your mind at that point Wink Razz
Recently, Salzburg, Austria; then to Germany-- Pasau, Roth, Nuremberg, more. Fascinating places, lots of history and beauty. Been a great cruise, Danube tranquil, comfortable, relaxing travel.

To Prague tomorrow for a few days, for something a bit more upbeat: jazz, beer, borscht, and goulash, all 4 food groups amply represented.
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
Montreal, Quebec

Cool Bienvenue, xhoser.

Unfortunate I won't be able to meet you this time round. Frown

Merci KSC,

Sorry that we won't meet Sunday night but hope that it won't be too long before we can pull corks together! The wife and I have enjoyed our trip together in your beautiful province.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
Rome.

Very nice. I trust you and V are having a wonderful time.

We certainly are...although it is HOT right now! We're here until Tuesday, at which point we'll be driving up to Siena for 4-5 days in Tuscany.
quote:
quote:
Shavez, if you all get to Venice, check out the Venice Biennale.

July: the ONLY month I would seriously recommend you DON'T go into Venice Eek

Smile

No Venice on this trip, but Rome is so packed with (other) tourists...no surprise there...but we're still having a great time. This time around we didn't have much choice in the timing of our trip...
Recently Salzburg, Passau, Regensberg (lovely), Nurenberg (also beautiful, but this is surpassed by its historical importance, Courtroom 600, etc).

Currently in Prague, Old Town Hilton situated well for walking/shopping/viewing/jazz. Had 2 great dinners-- Kampa Park, excellent food, and must be one of the most beautiful places in Europe to finish your dinner at dusk with the sun setting over the Charles Bridge and the buildings being lit up and reflecting across the water-- only Monet could have done this justice. Other place is Kogo, near Astronomical Clock square, outstanding Italian, outstanding food inc. salty bread that I can still taste, excellent but pricey wine list, took last bottle of '97 Argiano Brunello, very good but not top tier.

This is a great city for walking. We're looking at nice rental apartments tomorrow; could spend 4-8 weeks here without a problem.
quote:
Recently Salzburg, Passau, Regensberg (lovely), Nurenberg (also beautiful, but this is surpassed by its historical importance, Courtroom 600, etc).

Currently in Prague, Old Town Hilton situated well for walking/shopping/viewing/jazz. Had 2 great dinners-- Kampa Park, excellent food, and must be one of the most beautiful places in Europe to finish your dinner at dusk with the sun setting over the Charles Bridge and the buildings being lit up and reflecting across the water-- only Monet could have done this justice. Other place is Kogo, near Astronomical Clock square, outstanding Italian, outstanding food inc. salty bread that I can still taste, excellent but pricey wine list, took last bottle of '97 Argiano Brunello, very good but not top tier.

This is a great city for walking. We're looking at nice rental apartments tomorrow; could spend 4-8 weeks here without a problem.

this place is worth trying:
http://www.apostila-prague.cz/
Big jazz concert/festival last night Astronomical Clock Square in Prague. Perfect evening for it, big crowd, well-behaved (I'm not used to that, coming from Vancouver and all Wink). Had an excellent dinner at Zinc Restaurant, the Hilton dining room, exceeded all expectations.

At Prague airport now, awaiting flight to London for last few days of holiday. Would like to take in a show or two-- have not yet seen Lion King on stage; anyone reading this who saw it and liked it?
quote:
Big jazz concert/festival last night Astronomical Clock Square in Prague. Perfect evening for it, big crowd, well-behaved (I'm not used to that, coming from Vancouver and all Wink). Had an excellent dinner at Zinc Restaurant, the Hilton dining room, exceeded all expectations.

At Prague airport now, awaiting flight to London for last few days of holiday. Would like to take in a show or two-- have not yet seen Lion King on stage; anyone reading this who saw it and liked it?

If I fly there tomorrow, can we cash that raincheck on our 7/7 offline?

Re the shows, put your trust in the Time Out reviews. I don't recall them ever steering me wrong. And buy at the Leicester Square half-price booth if you can, of course, and begin or end your evening at the Cork and Bottle nearby.

You know, I was kidding about the flight, but now that I'm reminiscing about the shows and the Cork and Bottle, I just might...... Wink
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
Man, I do love Manhattan.

I do as well. One of the great cities in the world!

I'm staying a block from the MOMA and trying to figure out whether to be good in the morning and go listen to some talks I'm not really interested in or check out the MOMA.
quote:
quote:
quote:
Man, I do love Manhattan.

I do as well. One of the great cities in the world!

I'm staying a block from the MOMA and trying to figure out whether to be good in the morning and go listen to some talks I'm not really interested in or check out the MOMA.

The line to get into MoMA is always long when they open. Wait an hour after they open, then you can walk right in.

Enjoy, and let me know what you find that you find special.
quote:

Glad you are having a great time... We also loved kampa park. Prague, paris and Tokyo are our three favorite cities. If you are still in Prague, I HIGHLY recommend v zatisi and Bellevue as well. The tasting menu at v zatisi is exceptional, while brunch at Bellevue can't be beat. We saw a orchestral performance at the spanish synagogue... The music was only topped by the amazing architecture. The espresso and croissants at cafe louvre taste wonderful, and their courtyard in the back of the restaurant is very enjoyable. I agree, it is probably the best walking city in the world. Enjoy the rest of your trip.
quote:
Originally posted by TPEwinedrinker:
quote:

Glad you are having a great time... We also loved kampa park. Prague, paris and Tokyo are our three favorite cities. If you are still in Prague, I HIGHLY recommend v zatisi and Bellevue as well. The tasting menu at v zatisi is exceptional, while brunch at Bellevue can't be beat. We saw a orchestral performance at the spanish synagogue... The music was only topped by the amazing architecture. The espresso and croissants at cafe louvre taste wonderful, and their courtyard in the back of the restaurant is very enjoyable. I agree, it is probably the best walking city in the world. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Had received a previous high recommendation for Bellevue as well; unfortunately, we will have to leave it for next time, and we will definitely be back for a longer visit. The Synagogue is spectacular-- I would have loved to have heard music played in it. The back sculpture garden was very interesting, as well. You and I seem to like quite a few of the same places. Smile
quote:
Quebec City.

Not sure how long you're there, aphilla, but if you have some time you'd do well to continue up to the Charlevoix region (couple hours East). Some stunning scenery, small villages, Art galleries and good eating.
quote:
quote:
Quebec City.

Not sure how long you're there, aphilla, but if you have some time you'd do well to continue up to the Charlevoix region (couple hours East). Some stunning scenery, small villages, Art galleries and good eating.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm here through Sunday but it's work all the way. I doubt I'll get very far away from the Hilton.

Mad

Having said that, my wife is here as a tourist. So I'll give her the heads-up and see if she can find a day trip or something one of the days.
San Diego.

The Ivy Wine Bar at Hotel Andaz has 80+ wines 'on tap' at any given time, including a "try 5 wines for $5" taster. Cool
Bull$hit alert: Upon further investigation, there are 88 wines available for tasting:
Wines from France: 0
Wines from Spain: 4
Mediocre wines from California: 84
Wines priced at $1 per taste (1.5 oz) and thus included in the "5 for $5" special: 6

On the bright side, had an amazing meal at Searsucker. Spinach salad with double smoked bacon, poached egg and sweetbreads was the bomb, as was tender "sweet heat" squid. Highly recommended.
quote:
Originally posted by VinToronto:
San Diego.

The Ivy Wine Bar at Hotel Andaz has 80+ wines 'on tap' at any given time, including a "try 5 wines for $5" taster. Cool
Bull$hit alert: Upon further investigation, there are 88 wines available for tasting:
Wines priced at $1 per taste (1.5 oz) and thus included in the "5 for $5" special: 6

On the bright side, had an amazing meal at Searsucker. Spinach salad with double smoked bacon, poached egg and sweetbreads was the bomb, as was tender "sweet heat" squid. Highly recommended.

...so only 4 wines to taste. Smile
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VinToronto:
San Diego.

...so only 4 wines to taste. Smile

probably the las rocas
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jfont:
Greetings from Belize.. Currently in Ambergris Caye...

Hey, pop on over for an offline. I'm almost next door!
thanks for the invite bman.. Was on honeymoon in belize and no plans to go to guAtemala.. Maybe next time Smile
quote:
quote:
quote:
Greetings from Belize.. Currently in Ambergris Caye...

Hey, pop on over for an offline. I'm almost next door!
thanks for the invite bman.. Was on honeymoon in belize and no plans to go to guAtemala.. Maybe next time Smile

Congrats! Cool place for a honeymoon. Smile
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gundam:
Bozeman, Montana

Very pretty city in a spectacular setting. How are you enjoying it?

It was very interesting, a friendly midsized town with decent hotels. But I find the small towns along I90 more interesting, having more historic buildings and unique attractions.

Since my Napa trip never came thru, a couple friends and I headed down to Yellowstone instead. We stayed at the town of Bozeman, there were tonnes of places for rafting and fishing along the way to Yellowstone. At Yellowstone, We saw the Geysers, and hiked Mount Washburn at 10 thousand feet elevation. The views and the wildlife are spectacular. This is the one time in my life I've ever regret not investing in a high end camera or binoculars.
quote:
Vin,

Any chance of you coming up to the OC?

xhoser,

Sorry - got home home at 2 am this morning and just saw this now. I actually did swing through Irvine on the way back but just long enough to pick up three cases of juice that I needed to "repatriate".

I am scheduled to be back the week of Nov. 14th. Maybe we can get together then.
quote:
Alicante

Lisbon

l'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue- tomorrow is the once a year floating market. I wish I could say I planned it to be here for the big day, but it was just blind luck.

Have a great lunch spot in L'Isle sur la Sorgue if your interested. It's called Oustau de L'Isle and is just outside the centre of town.
quote:
Well, we'll be home in a week.

Tain l'Hermitage

Ampuis

Vosne-Romanee

Vougeot

Gevrey-Chambertin

Morey St Denis

Chambolle-Musigny

Nuits St Georges

Flagey Echezeaux

Beaune, Brochon, and Dijon next

Sounds like it's been an amazing trip with some of the very best saved for last. Very envious. It's a trip I have wanted to do myself for a long time. Will definitely have to pick your brain one of these days. Enjoy the rest of your travels.
We bought some Epoisses at the factory- it was less than half the US price. We bought some foie gras and a Rene Leclerc Premier Cru we liked. We'll pick up a baguette tomorrow and that will comprise our picnic dinner in Ay.

Two most impressive wineries so far- Rene Rostaing and Gerard Raphet. We had an excellent Guy Charbaut Premier Cru Rose Champagne at dinner tonight.
quote:
We bought some Epoisses at the factory- it was less than half the US price. We bought some foie gras and a Rene Leclerc Premier Cru we liked. We'll pick up a baguette tomorrow and that will comprise our picnic dinner in Ay.

Two most impressive wineries so far- Rene Rostaing and Gerard Raphet. We had an excellent Guy Charbaut Premier Cru Rose Champagne at dinner tonight.

Now you are becoming a cruel man. Razz
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom'n'Vin'sDad:
The first day of school!

But... but... but it's still SUMMER! Smile

May your students be diligent, and your classes small.

The classes are not small, but they are fewer, as I am now the Athletic Director. Eek
San Jose Costa Rica. Pouring rain, as usual. And it doesn't stop, like it does after a short time elsewhere in Central America, it just keeps raining and raining and raining, reminding me why I didn't like living here all those years ago.

Nice chicken wings for supper though.
The 61st floor of the Marriott at the Renaissance Centre, overlooking Detroit, the Detroit River, and the beautiful west-side of my home town of Windsor. A fantastic view and cool seeing all the cars going in and out of the tunnel from a birds-eye view. First ship of the day should be crossing under the Ambassador Bridge in a few minutes.
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
Palm Desert, CA
Our goal is to buy a vacation house in PD in the next couple years. We love it out there.

We enjoy coming out here a few times a year. We were looking for an end of summer family getaway so we ended up here at the Marriott Desert Springs Villas for a week, however we realize now that we prefer the Shadow Ridge property! No lack of sunshine or heat out here!

Qh - I'll keep your recommendation in mind for 3rd St Bistro. Thanks.
quote:
quote:
Spain

But you are taking some time to visit wine country, right?

We will be in Rioja country. However, Madrid should get us into Ribera del Duero territory.

Oh but to be within distance of Priorat.

I'm very certain we will take time to experience excellent wine and tapas. With the scheduled plan this trip, and the company, I'm not so convinced of much free time to visit wineries.

I shall do my utmost to invoke the "all work and no play" proverb....

That said, with ongoing activities this will be the first, of many trips coming Smile
quote:
Originally posted by MJAlbers:
Washington, MO...what a pleasant surprise.

Admittedly it's been quite a while since I've been there, but I'm surprised you found it to be a pleasant surprise. Glad to hear it though. Sometimes those small towns away from all the hustle and bustle can be a welcome reprieve.
quote:
quote:
Sunny Buenos Aires.

Snipes, have you checked out the local art scene yet?

I found the Dali exhibit ticket stub from the show we shared together in my briefcase last week. Smile

I hope to Tuesday or Wednesday. Headed out to lunch soon and hope to run across the young gentleman whom I purchased a painting from two months ago. I took a picture of his work after it was framed and hung in the house to share with him.
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sunny Buenos Aires.

Snipes, have you checked out the local art scene yet?

I found the Dali exhibit ticket stub from the show we shared together in my briefcase last week. Smile

I hope to Tuesday or Wednesday. Headed out to lunch soon and hope to run across the young gentleman whom I purchased a painting from two months ago. I took a picture of his work after it was framed and hung in the house to share with him.

I'm feeling a future collector is beginning to emerge in Atlanta. Cool
quote:
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.

Very pretty town in a beautiful setting. We stopped for an afternoon and lunch there near the end of a long road trip, but have talked a few times about returning for a weekend; don't know why we never did it.

Are you there on business?
quote:
Vitoria, Spain (capital of the Basque region).

A late evening of Tapas & Rioja.
Spain rocks Cool

I'm very envious. San Sebastian et environs is on our radar, hopefully for next summer. I look forward to reading about your experiences and any recommendations.
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KSC02:
Vitoria, Spain
A late evening of Tapas & Rioja.[QUOTE]
Nice. Sounds wonderful.

Every night has finished off with multiple tastings of different pintxo and the wines of Rioja and Ribera del Duero. Nothing 'wow' with the wines but all have been well made and enjoyable. I'll try to take a couple of photos tomorrow and take note of a few now-favorite spots. Out of many tapas (pintxos) now consumed there have been some incredible standouts.

Clearly, this trip is predominated by the business I'm here for and thus tied to Vitoria with long days followed by in town tapas bar jumping, but it seems I may be back in late October and am sowing seeds to prepare for off-site activities.

Today we had a fabulous lunch at a local Country Club, of paella, a fish I can not tranlate, Rioja (of course. The locals are very proud of this region) and espresso to finish. A cloudless day of 23C. Life is good.
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KSC02:
Vitoria, Spain
A late evening of Tapas & Rioja.[QUOTE]
Nice. Sounds wonderful.

Every night has finished off with multiple tastings of different pintxo and the wines of Rioja and Ribera del Duero. Nothing 'wow' with the wines but all have been well made and enjoyable. I'll try to take a couple of photos tomorrow and take note of a few now-favorite spots. Out of many tapas (pintxos) now consumed there have been some incredible standouts.

Clearly, this trip is predominated by the business I'm here for and thus tied to Vitoria with long days followed by in town tapas bar jumping, but it seems I may be back in late October and am sowing seeds to prepare for off-site activities.

Today we had a fabulous lunch at a local Country Club, of paella, a fish I can not tranlate, Rioja (of course. The locals are very proud of this region) and espresso to finish. A cloudless day of 23C. Life is good.
Cool
A very reasonable representation of Mas d'en Gil here in Vitoria. Wink

2002 Mas d'en Gil Priorat Clos Fontà
2006 Bodegas Emilio Moro Ribera del Duero Malleolus

A fantastic evening of having one of the finest Pintxos bars present an array of their finest. WOW! What an evening! Incredible delight of flavors and textures. It's truly exciting to experience the culinary delights the Basque region has become so famous for.
quote:
A very reasonable representation of Mas d'en Gil here in Vitoria. Wink

2002 Mas d'en Gil Priorat Clos Fontà
2006 Bodegas Emilio Moro Ribera del Duero Malleolus

A fantastic evening of having one of the finest Pintxos bars present an array of their finest. WOW! What an evening! Incredible delight of flavors and textures. It's truly exciting to experience the culinary delights the Basque region has become so famous for.

First Wine Guys Weekend, now this. Trying sooooooooooo hard not to hate you. And failing......
quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
Vancouver, after quick stops in Edmonton & Calgary the last two days.

Well, Vancouver is special, anyway. Wink

Shavez, do you know Seaquam? He is a special person, and his lovely wife is beyond words. Cool

I hope to see you again, and soon!
quote:

Well, Vancouver is special, anyway. Wink

Shavez, do you know Seaquam? He is a special person, and his lovely wife is beyond words. Cool

I hope to see you again, and soon!

Unfortunately haven't met Seaquam, but would love to on a future trip out here - this one's a bit of a whirlwind tour.

Any plans for a trip up to Canada for you? We should definitely offline again - apparently it's easier to find BYO places over here.. Smile
quote:
quote:
Paris.

Good lord. I need to get up to Chicago so we can meet and you can tell me what you do for a living. I thought I had a fun job. Smile

Isn't it obvious what he does based on the places he's been to in the past year?

International Arms Dealer

Wink
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Over the last 6 days in Australia:

Sydney
Melbourne
Lorne
Apollo Bay
Joanna Beach
Sorrento

Are you getting kicked out of these places that fast?

Seems you could find a place you enjoyed enough to stay for more than a day! Razz

Last 4 days in France:
Paris, Paris, Paris, and Paris.

Is that better?

And I haven't been kicked out of any place yet....

Add Reply

Likes (0)