quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Off-line in Austin tonight.

I was wondering where you were. I was wondering if you were out here on the west coast same as me.

Sacramento, CA. Heading home tomorrow after a tiring trip. Cool

We should drink together tomorrow night!
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Heading to Europe today for a couple of weeks.

I hope someone will bookmark all the good cat fights and other entertaining threads I miss. Smile

Why miss them??! Confused Big Grin

It is what makes the WS forum so unique and special. Wink

All kidding aside, I do enjoy this forum being somewhat self-policed with few exceptions.
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
Tampa Cool

Get thee back to DFW! There's an inpromptu off-line quickly solidifying! Razz

I'm already back. You talk about lucky too. The flight I took home yesterday not only made it back to DFW it made it back early. Cool However, that same flight the two days prior and again today was canceled. Eek If I could drive in this crap I'd go buy some lottery tickets!
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
quote:
Tired of the cold. Hello San Diego for the next 5 days. Cool

Sorry I will miss your trip. We are on opposite tacks. I will be heading from the sun to the cold (Snowmass).

Sorry to miss you as well.

My wines are now resting in a fridge in my room. I have an excellent suite overlooking the baseball stadium, and enjoying the warm day from the balcony. Cool

Enjoy your trip, Red guy!
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
quote:
Tired of the cold. Hello San Diego for the next 5 days. Cool

Sorry I will miss your trip. We are on opposite tacks. I will be heading from the sun to the cold (Snowmass).

Sorry to miss you as well.

My wines are now resting in a fridge in my room. I have an excellent suite overlooking the baseball stadium, and enjoying the warm day from the balcony. Cool

Enjoy your trip, Red guy!

Enjoy your stay, as well. Next time.
quote:
At airport currently in sunny San Diego, and heading home to sunny Dallas.

Enjoyed an off-line last night, and will let GA or other forum member list out our wines. Smile

w+a, I'm jealous. I love San Diego, especially in winter. It's such a beautiful city. Was there last November, and it was a comfortable 78 degrees. Dallas looks like mid-60s right now. I'd settle for that.
The JW Marriott hotel in Mexico City.

Very cool, classy, wonderful hotel. Wish I'd discovered Mexico City and this hotel before now. Cool

Forgot to mention that this is also the best Concierge Lounge ever - not only the usual free breakfast buffet, but also a free dinner buffet! Plus some free laundry. Never got either of the latter two anywhere else.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
After a 6 week party, his future is secured. I should email you and tell you what's been happening with my son. If I post it hgere, I'll either be accused of bragging or lying. Smile

As if anyone here would every accuse you of anything??!! Wink Big Grin

He actually finishes in late April but will come down to Guate to hang out for a while. Ceremony is June. So let us know the latest on your son. You've got my email!
quote:
And we'll be in Ottawa a week after that for a few days - perhaps you and the gang would fancy a road trip to an offline?

Depending the exact timing, we're always up for that. It'd be great to see you and M again. Wink
quote:
What wineries are on your agenda, Ed?

Aim to buy a case at each stop. No Duplicates!!

Hermann
Anthony Road
Fox Run
Dr Frank

Very quick trip One day here [need to take care of mother medicaid & hospital issues] and then to NJ. Just hitting folks on Rt 14.
Flagstaff. Staying at Inn 410, a B&B. Ate on Thursday night at Brix. Highly recommended. Great wine list, terrific menu. Last night ate at Cottage Inn. Enjoyed that as well. Trying to walk off the calories by hiking in the canyons, mountains, etc.
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
Flagstaff. Staying at Inn 410, a B&B. Ate on Thursday night at Brix. Highly recommended. Great wine list, terrific menu. Last night ate at Cottage Inn. Enjoyed that as well. Trying to walk off the calories by hiking in the canyons, mountains, etc.

Irwin, you really should consider this location during your winter, my friend. Wink
quote:

irwin-

I'll be sure to honk twice as we pass through Flagstaff tomorrow. Smile
quote:
irwin, I hope you have the chance to drive Route 89A between Sedona and Flagstaff.

Doing that today on the way to Prescott and then Scottsdale. Ate last night at Cuvee 958, or maybe Cuvee 528, or 852. Whatever. 21 wines by the glass, but not the most interesting things. Had a duck bruschetta that was terrific, and an artisanal cheese platter with crostini and nuts. Enjoyed that as well. That's all we ate, but it was plenty. Large portions. We had eaten at The Himalayan Buffet for lunch and were pretty stuffed despite the exercise.
quote:
quote:

Irwin, you really should consider this location during your winter, my friend. Wink

It was really nice to hike in the canyons at 55 degrees. Oddly, it was 75 on Friday in Baltimore and my friends went out and played golf w/o me. Frown But, Flagstaff is very beautiful. I could see retiring here.
We leave today, and tomorrow they may get a dusting of snow.
quote:
Originally posted by Bigfoot003:
Odd time of year to be rafting PH. Big Grin

They are running the New as we speak, but I'm not a cold weather rafter. More a June/July kinda guy on that piece of water. We went for the drives (some of the best twisties in the country) and the country air. We did some tree canopy zip-lining that was quite memorable, though! Fun stuff. Planning on heading down in the fall to run the Gauley when they open the dam. If I don't chicken out..... Red Face

PH
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigfoot003:
Odd time of year to be rafting PH. Big Grin

They are running the New as we speak, but I'm not a cold weather rafter. More a June/July kinda guy on that piece of water. We went for the drives (some of the best twisties in the country) and the country air. We did some tree canopy zip-lining that was quite memorable, though! Fun stuff. Planning on heading down in the fall to run the Gauley when they open the dam. If I don't chicken out..... Red Face

PH

The Gauley in the Fall - that thing will empty your bladder and fill your pants!
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
quote:

irwin-

Gigabit: Thanks for the honk. I assume that was you in the Maserati?
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
quote:

irwin-

Gigabit: Thanks for the honk. I assume that was you in the Maserati?

irwin-

We passed through town - well, around town - about 10:00 A.M. and it was snowing very hard.

Thankfully, we went with the SUV for this trip. Wink
quote:
Augusta GA. If there is a better place to spend a few days after four days in Vegas, I'm not sure where it is. Cool

So jealous. I sucked it up and applied online for next year's ticket lottery. I will be there in 2012 one way or the other. Have fun and I'll look for you on TV. Smile
Well I'm NOT in Paris. Had to turn down an offer this morning for a trip there leaving this weekend. Something to do with Easter plans with the family, blah, blah. Smile jk of course, I'm sure there will be other opportunities down the road, but it hurt having to say thanks, but no thanks. Frown
quote:
Augusta GA. If there is a better place to spend a few days after four days in Vegas, I'm not sure where it is. Cool

I suspect it is a great place to spend a few days irrespective of whether you were in Vegas or anywhere else.
The JW Marriott Marquis in downtown Miami - upgraded to a four-room 23rd floor corner suite overlooking the 19th floor pool and the bay, feeling like the guy who flies the helicopter that carries the cameraman who shoots the just-back-from-commercial shots on CSI Miami. Cool Cool Cool Love Marriottrewards...... Big Grin
quote:
The JW Marriott Marquis in downtown Miami - upgraded to a four-room 23rd floor corner suite overlooking the 19th floor pool and the bay, feeling like the guy who flies the helicopter that carries the cameraman who shoots the just-back-from-commercial shots on CSI Miami. Cool Cool Cool Love Marriottrewards...... Big Grin

Where is the envy emoticon? Sounds fantastic! Smile
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
Left my sticks in HHI. We already had the Red vs. Orange conversation with the shuttle driver and thought of you. He bleeds Orange btw. Smile

Snipes, he is driving a shuttle for goodness sakes.. This means he has a post-grad degree from Stillwater. What else could he do with it? Razz

Oh, please know... it is Crimson & Cream! Red is reserved for that little college in Lincoln. Wink
My basement. The man cave is complete (pool table re-assembled and eco-fuel mini-fireplace installed). Other than hanging some pictures, the job is finally complete. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the renovation. Considering my limited budget and age of the home, it's definitely a step in the right direction. Now, I just have to have some people over and crack open a few bottles! Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
My basement. The man cave is complete (pool table re-assembled and eco-fuel mini-fireplace installed). Other than hanging some pictures, the job is finally complete. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the renovation. Considering my limited budget and age of the home, it's definitely a step in the right direction. Now, I just have to have some people over and crack open a few bottles! Big Grin

Noted! Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
W+A - not sure if you saw it or not, but I posted my buddies' recap of Dromoland on the Ireland thread. The usefulness may be limited given their focus but hope it helps...

I did indeed, thank you.

We enjoyed the Cliffs of Moher today.

I have a Dover sole tagged tonight for dinner, and will pick out a bottle or two worthy of such greatness.
checking in from the costiera amalfitano. That is, the Amalfi Coast, in Italy. WE've been to Ravello, Amalfi, Positano, Raito, Vietri, Naples, Salerno and will be going to Pompeii tomorrow. Have had some local wines that are in the upper limits of tolerable. Today got served a carafe of sparkling still wine. It was not Prosecco, and was not tolerable. got replaced by red rather promptly. The other day, VP Biden and his wife were here at our hotel, but I didn't see them.
Biden apparently was at a conference in <rome.< why he came down here for a 30 minute stop is unknown, at least to me.
Had a nice dinner tonight with pork, roasted in mixed salad, some lasagna stuffed with spinach, pork roasted in hazelnuts (which was terrific) and washed down with Aglianico 2007, a DOC wine, but I didn,t write down the producer. Sorry for the typing, but the keys seem to be in different places. I am looking forward to the trip to Pompeii.
Enjoy Pompeii, Irwin.

I have heard they have installed plexiglass over many of the fresco's recently due to vandalism. I hope this is not the case.

I also remember having to explain a few things after one of our visits with our children. Big Grin

Like Board-O, I look forward to hearing about your trip.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
Gerlos, Austria.

Nice...I assume V is with you.

I'm about to head home from Chicago.

Absolutely. Great weekend of hiking, hot tubbing and dining well in the mountains.

Looking forward to hearing about the debauchery in Chicago! :-)
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gerlos, Austria.

Nice...I assume V is with you.

I'm about to head home from Chicago.

Absolutely. Great weekend of hiking, hot tubbing and dining well in the mountains.

Looking forward to hearing about the debauchery in Chicago! :-)

Oh, it was, indeed. Wink

Add Reply

Likes (0)