quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
Flagstaff. Staying at Inn 410, a B&B. Ate on Thursday night at Brix. Highly recommended. Great wine list, terrific menu. Last night ate at Cottage Inn. Enjoyed that as well. Trying to walk off the calories by hiking in the canyons, mountains, etc.

irwin-

I'll be sure to honk twice as we pass through Flagstaff tomorrow. Smile

Gigabit: Thanks for the honk. I assume that was you in the Maserati?

irwin-

We passed through town - well, around town - about 10:00 A.M. and it was snowing very hard.

Thankfully, we went with the SUV for this trip. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Augusta GA. If there is a better place to spend a few days after four days in Vegas, I'm not sure where it is. Cool

So jealous. I sucked it up and applied online for next year's ticket lottery. I will be there in 2012 one way or the other. Have fun and I'll look for you on TV. Smile
Well I'm NOT in Paris. Had to turn down an offer this morning for a trip there leaving this weekend. Something to do with Easter plans with the family, blah, blah. Smile jk of course, I'm sure there will be other opportunities down the road, but it hurt having to say thanks, but no thanks. Frown
quote:
Augusta GA. If there is a better place to spend a few days after four days in Vegas, I'm not sure where it is. Cool

I suspect it is a great place to spend a few days irrespective of whether you were in Vegas or anywhere else.
Hilton Head - Ahhh, big exhale. Sitting on the deck with my coffee, listening to the birds and watching the golfers tee off. I'm already starting to unwind and relax.
The JW Marriott Marquis in downtown Miami - upgraded to a four-room 23rd floor corner suite overlooking the 19th floor pool and the bay, feeling like the guy who flies the helicopter that carries the cameraman who shoots the just-back-from-commercial shots on CSI Miami. Cool Cool Cool Love Marriottrewards...... Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
Hilton Head - Ahhh, big exhale. Sitting on the deck with my coffee, listening to the birds and watching the golfers tee off. I'm already starting to unwind and relax.

Where is the envy emoticon? Sounds fantastic!
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
The JW Marriott Marquis in downtown Miami - upgraded to a four-room 23rd floor corner suite overlooking the 19th floor pool and the bay, feeling like the guy who flies the helicopter that carries the cameraman who shoots the just-back-from-commercial shots on CSI Miami. Cool Cool Cool Love Marriottrewards...... Big Grin

Where is the envy emoticon? Sounds fantastic! Smile
The middle of OHIO. The in-laws say "Hi". The biggest redeeming factor is that the end of April is about as nice as Ohio gets.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
Istanbul

Nice!

w+a have you been there? We just got back from a 4-day trip - what an amazing city!
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
Just returned from 6 days in the Mayan Riviera

Ahhh..must more relaxed now

Your must is more relaxed now? Does relaxed must make better wine? Big Grin
quote:
Just returned from 6 days in the Mayan Riviera

Ahhh..must more relaxed now

Relaxed, relaxed from what? Razz

Now I know why you never answered all my text last week. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
Your must is more relaxed now? Does relaxed must make better wine? Big Grin

Red Face I, clearly, should have been in bed. Waaay too long in Customs lines Roll Eyes

But much more relaxed Wink
Left my sticks in HHI. We already had the Red vs. Orange conversation with the shuttle driver and thought of you. He bleeds Orange btw. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
Left my sticks in HHI. We already had the Red vs. Orange conversation with the shuttle driver and thought of you. He bleeds Orange btw. Smile

Snipes, he is driving a shuttle for goodness sakes.. This means he has a post-grad degree from Stillwater. What else could he do with it? Razz

Oh, please know... it is Crimson & Cream! Red is reserved for that little college in Lincoln. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Berno:
Paso Robles -------> Morgan Hill ----> Santa Cruz!

Sounds like fun! If still in Morgan Hill, swing by Guglieolmo Winery. 3rd generation winemakers
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Ireland.

What ye be sippin' on, laddie?
. We always start off a trip with Champagne, silly man. Wink
My basement. The man cave is complete (pool table re-assembled and eco-fuel mini-fireplace installed). Other than hanging some pictures, the job is finally complete. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the renovation. Considering my limited budget and age of the home, it's definitely a step in the right direction. Now, I just have to have some people over and crack open a few bottles! Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
My basement. The man cave is complete (pool table re-assembled and eco-fuel mini-fireplace installed). Other than hanging some pictures, the job is finally complete. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the renovation. Considering my limited budget and age of the home, it's definitely a step in the right direction. Now, I just have to have some people over and crack open a few bottles! Big Grin

Noted! Big Grin
W+A - not sure if you saw it or not, but I posted my buddies' recap of Dromoland on the Ireland thread. The usefulness may be limited given their focus but hope it helps...
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Now, I just have to have some people over and crack open a few bottles! Big Grin

I believe you know my address Cool
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
W+A - not sure if you saw it or not, but I posted my buddies' recap of Dromoland on the Ireland thread. The usefulness may be limited given their focus but hope it helps...

I did indeed, thank you.

We enjoyed the Cliffs of Moher today.

I have a Dover sole tagged tonight for dinner, and will pick out a bottle or two worthy of such greatness.
quote:
quote:
SoHo, New York. Cool

Fáilte ar ais Smile

Thank you. We are about to head out on the town for dinner, wine and?

Tomorrow...Galleries ! Cool
checking in from the costiera amalfitano. That is, the Amalfi Coast, in Italy. WE've been to Ravello, Amalfi, Positano, Raito, Vietri, Naples, Salerno and will be going to Pompeii tomorrow. Have had some local wines that are in the upper limits of tolerable. Today got served a carafe of sparkling still wine. It was not Prosecco, and was not tolerable. got replaced by red rather promptly. The other day, VP Biden and his wife were here at our hotel, but I didn't see them.
Have fun, irwin. I hope Vini da Gigio is in your plans. I look forward to reading of your experiences when you return.
Biden apparently was at a conference in <rome.< why he came down here for a 30 minute stop is unknown, at least to me.
Had a nice dinner tonight with pork, roasted in mixed salad, some lasagna stuffed with spinach, pork roasted in hazelnuts (which was terrific) and washed down with Aglianico 2007, a DOC wine, but I didn,t write down the producer. Sorry for the typing, but the keys seem to be in different places. I am looking forward to the trip to Pompeii.
Enjoy Pompeii, Irwin.

I have heard they have installed plexiglass over many of the fresco's recently due to vandalism. I hope this is not the case.

I also remember having to explain a few things after one of our visits with our children. Big Grin

Like Board-O, I look forward to hearing about your trip.
only plexiglass was over the dead pompeiians.
after a day on Capri, today we climbed up to the top of Vesuvius. tomorrow, on to Venice.
many details to follow.
If it's as hot in Venice as it is here, get to the Doge's Palace as early as possible, and take water and a handkerchief or towel for the sweat. Those upper floors are like an oven.
quote:
Venice plus hot, sound terrible.

I have never seen 80 when in Venice, and rarely 70.

Have a great time, Irwin.

Today's temperature 68°F with a wee bit of humidity. Should be just fine. Enjoy, irwin!!

PH
We were on the top floor of the Doge's Palace in mid-July last summer. In one room with the guide for about 10 minutes, 2 people had to leave because of the heat. I had to wring out my handkerchief 5 times.
quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfast:
quote:
Originally posted by redknife:
Cloudy and rainy in the low 50's here in SP

did you get my email??

Yes I did, thanks.

Have not had a chance to look around much
quote:
quote:
Gerlos, Austria.

Nice...I assume V is with you.

I'm about to head home from Chicago.

Absolutely. Great weekend of hiking, hot tubbing and dining well in the mountains.

Looking forward to hearing about the debauchery in Chicago! :-)
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gerlos, Austria.

Nice...I assume V is with you.

I'm about to head home from Chicago.

Absolutely. Great weekend of hiking, hot tubbing and dining well in the mountains.

Looking forward to hearing about the debauchery in Chicago! :-)

Oh, it was, indeed. Wink
made it home tonight.
I'll post a detailed report in a bit, but quickly, I must thank Board-O for his suggestions. The hotel was great and we did go to one of the restaurants he suggested.
Venice is a terrific place.
More in a day or so.
Welcome back, bud. Sounds like you had a great trip. I look forward to your notes. Regards to Mrs. irwin.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.