quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
Nationals Park in Washington D.C.

GO BRAVES!

ALL that there is to see and experience in D.C., and you are there? Eek Red Face Razz

I suppose that I could say the same thing to you. After all, shouldn't you have been spending every second with your bride on your anniversary? Razz
Slowly but surely. It will be easier when our stuff, including our car, arrive in 2-3 weeks. It's been over 5 weeks getting by with a few plates, cups, etc. and getting around via unreliable taxis. And there's not much for M to do when the city is so unsafe to move around in. Luckily for me, work is pretty much all-consuming....Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
PURPLE and I are in route to Las Vegas from Philly via Dallas.

GlennK, how long are you in Lost Wages? Up for a drink, bottle of wine, etc...?
I'm already back home watching football. It was a quick turn around trip for a daytime wedding and then dinner at Los.
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
quote:
Originally posted by Qhdeputy:
Corfu, Greece

If there was a "like" button I'd be clicking on it right now. Very jealous

I loved this place. Great feel and I love the people here. Saw alot in one day. Too bad we got to stay only one day (cruise). It's a place I would come back to.
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Yesterday- Apt and Gorges de Verdon
Today-Isle sur la Sorgue and Gordes (merci Arnaud pour les suggestions)- Tres bonnes

Brother, I think I have found a spot for my new painting you bought me in St. Tropez.

Is the new piece framed, or not?

Safe travels!
quote:
Is the new piece framed, or not?

Still looking for the elusive piece de resistance.
Today, Chateauneuf du Pape for a tour and tasting at Domaine de Pegau and a nice lunch in the area to start things off.
Anyone want to form a consortium and buy a place near here? Unbelievable places to visit and live. The views are spectacular.
quote:
Today, St. Remy en Provence and Les Baux de Provence. Lunch at L'Oustreau de Baumanieres. Thanks to those that recommended the L'Ousteau, it was absolutely stellar and well worth the travel time and price.
Glad you enjoyed it. It was one of the highlights of our trip there last summer. Best sweetbreads I have ever tried.
Yesterday, Avignon with dinner at Christian Etienne. Sublime

Today, Bonniere and Apt. Leaving tomorrow and spending the day in Amsterdam before final plane home.

Fabulous trip with many fond and memorable moments.

I must confess that I am keen to get home and see my sons and my 2 furry friends (no, not asterixis et al).
quote:
Yesterday, Avignon with dinner at Christian Etienne. Sublime

Today, Bonniere and Apt. Leaving tomorrow and spending the day in Amsterdam before final plane home.

Fabulous trip with many fond and memorable moments.

I must confess that I am keen to get home and see my sons and my 2 furry friends (no, not asterixis et al).

Brother, I so look forward to hearing all about your trip. As for Asterixis, I think he is now in Morocco. Cool
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
KSC, hope you're drinking some good whiskey over there.

Aiy. Just a wee bit of the whiskey but several pints of Guiness.

I didn't believe it when they told me, but indeed Guiness does taste differently on the Emerald Isle. Incredably creamy & smooth. Slept like a baby that night. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:

I didn't believe it when they told me, but indeed Guiness does taste differently on the Emerald Isle. Incredably creamy & smooth. Slept like a baby that night. Wink

Different water is used. I only spent time in Dublin, but the Irish are still the kindest group of people that I've met on my travels. Hope you enjoyed yourself.
quote:
quote:

Very cool, K. Ireland is near the top of our list of vacation destinations.
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
quote:
Dallas, TX

You suck Mr Unsociable. Razz

Big Grin Sorry Joe, next time for sure. I've been traveling so much lately that I was really not keen on coming down a day earlier on Saturday, just so I could drink more.

Tonight, Houston, TX, where I'll be drinking with Nolan and JAR. Wink
quote:
quote:
Big Grin I've been traveling so much lately that I was really not keen on coming down a day earlier on Saturday, just so I could drink more.

Confused

Which part is confusing? Instead I stayed in Montreal, where I drank with you and Mimik. Big Grin
quote:
quote:
quote:
Big Grin I've been traveling so much lately that I was really not keen on coming down a day earlier on Saturday, just so I could drink more.

Confused

Which part is confusing? Instead I stayed in Montreal, where I drank with you and Mimik. Big Grin

Cool True enough.

Sorry, Joe. Next time. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
w+a, try any oysters? Seriously. Are they even for sale down there now?

I stopped at the market here in Montreal to pick up some scallops and shrimp for a risotto tonight. They had some beautiful looking, huge, shrimp from the Gulf of Mexico.

"From where did you say?...Ur, no thanks"
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
w+a, try any oysters? Seriously. Are they even for sale down there now?

Board-O, everything we enjoyed for three days was exceptional. This was not a surprise, as the overwhelming majority of the seafood we have in Texas comes from the Gulf, and there have been no major issues whatsoever.

I'm in Houston every month ( 40 miles from the Gulf) and always ask chef friends about the issue we hear about from the media. They all just laugh. There is 1700 miles of Gulf coastline in the U.S. alone, so avoiding the small area of the oil spill for a couple of months was not hard. The only thing that was an issue was their seafood was delayed a day due to extra inspections, but all is back to normal.

New Orleans truly does have exceptional food.
quote:
They all just laugh. There is 1700 miles of Gulf coastline in the U.S. alone, so avoiding the small area of the oil spill for a couple of months was not hard. The only thing that was an issue was their seafood was delayed a day due to extra inspections, but all is back to normal.

Good to know!
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
California.
Cool

101 degrees. It is November for goodness sakes. Eek
Yeah, this is not normal. It is supposed to be low 80's high 70's by the weekend.

Add Reply

Likes (0)