quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Casa Botin (sit downstairs), Puerta del Morros (sp?)(elegant classical Spanish), Pacos (excellent steak)


That is to say, at the bottom of the stairs, there is still a lower section with three tables. Very small. Cozy. And Quite Rustic.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:

Quick layover and DFW airport on a Friday is an oxymoron.

I wish I would have known. I would have met you for a drink at the airport.
Thanks for the very kind offer. It was actually a short layover though. Gkapoor and I have long discussed a golf and offline weekend in Dallas. We will have to make that happen in 2011!
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Off in the morning to Canada to off-line for 4 days with friends. Cool

I need to escape this darn tropical storm anyway.


Canada, you say? Why, that's practically my backyard.

I hope you're not visiting the badlands of the eastern provinces. That may not be entirely safe for a young country boy like you.
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:

Quick layover and DFW airport on a Friday is an oxymoron.

I wish I would have known. I would have met you for a drink at the airport.
Thanks for the very kind offer. It was actually a short layover though. Gkapoor and I have long discussed a golf and offline weekend in Dallas. We will have to make that happen in 2011!


Indeed!
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Off in the morning to Canada to off-line for 4 days with friends. Cool

You don't say. Remarkable the coincidence.
You never know, maybe we'll cross paths.
Here's to great wines and great friends. I hope your bottles show well. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Mezzo Litro:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Off in the morning to Canada to off-line for 4 days with friends. Cool

I need to escape this darn tropical storm anyway.


Bring a coat. Or drink heavily while here. Same difference.


Well, since I really do not own a coat... Smile
quote:
Originally posted by cuffthis:
Negril, Jamaica, since 8/7.

One month now with ZERO wine. But aged rum is resulting in some great tasting notes and a new passion.

Anyone ever taste Edwin Charley "The Virtue" single barrel Jamaican rum?


Tom, sounds like a great time! This is your annual trek, isn't it? No, don't know much at all about rum, must less aged rum.
quote:
Originally posted by haggis:
quote:
Originally posted by cuffthis:
Negril, Jamaica, since 8/7.

One month now with ZERO wine. But aged rum is resulting in some great tasting notes and a new passion.

Anyone ever taste Edwin Charley "The Virtue" single barrel Jamaican rum?


Tom, sounds like a great time! This is your annual trek, isn't it? No, don't know much at all about rum, must less aged rum.


Yes, I usually visit my friends in Jamaica 2-3 times per year. Great place to chill, re-focus.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
Nationals Park in Washington D.C.

GO BRAVES!


ALL that there is to see and experience in D.C., and you are there? Eek Red Face Razz

I suppose that I could say the same thing to you. After all, shouldn't you have been spending every second with your bride on your anniversary? Razz
Slowly but surely. It will be easier when our stuff, including our car, arrive in 2-3 weeks. It's been over 5 weeks getting by with a few plates, cups, etc. and getting around via unreliable taxis. And there's not much for M to do when the city is so unsafe to move around in. Luckily for me, work is pretty much all-consuming....Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
PURPLE and I are in route to Las Vegas from Philly via Dallas.

GlennK, how long are you in Lost Wages? Up for a drink, bottle of wine, etc...?
I'm already back home watching football. It was a quick turn around trip for a daytime wedding and then dinner at Los.
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
quote:
Originally posted by Qhdeputy:
Corfu, Greece


If there was a "like" button I'd be clicking on it right now. Very jealous


I loved this place. Great feel and I love the people here. Saw alot in one day. Too bad we got to stay only one day (cruise). It's a place I would come back to.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×