Leaving San Sebastián today for Madrid.

We experienced our first ever gooseneck barnacles last night. Everyone seemed so excited the restaurant had this rare delicacy as their off menu special. I remain far more excited when a restaurant has white truffles as their off menu special. 

wineart 2 posted:

We experienced our first ever gooseneck barnacles last night. Everyone seemed so excited the restaurant had this rare delicacy as their off menu special. I remain far more excited when a restaurant has white truffles as their off menu special. 

where did you eat in San Sebastian?

wineart 2 posted:

Percebes are fantastic if prepared correctly. Had an amazing version in Galicia a few years back. I love white truffles as well but percebes are harder to find around here. 

seaquam posted:
wineart 2 posted:

Cascais, Portugal.

Got much fog?  Beautiful area, with some stunning homes.

Enjoy!

Sea, hope you and S are well.

Weather has been wonderful. It was 78 for our high today and 64 currently. Actually, the weather thus far has been excellent. 

We spent several days in the Douro Valley ( Sixth Senses Resort) with pristine weather each day as well. We will visit Sintra tomorrow before returning back to Cascais. 

wineart 2 posted:
seaquam posted:
wineart 2 posted:

Cascais, Portugal.

Got much fog?  Beautiful area, with some stunning homes.

Enjoy!

Sea, hope you and S are well.

Weather has been wonderful. It was 78 for our high today and 64 currently. Actually, the weather thus far has been excellent. 

We spent several days in the Douro Valley ( Sixth Senses Resort) with pristine weather each day as well. We will visit Sintra tomorrow before returning back to Cascais. 

We were in Portugal for 3 weeks last Oct., mainly a cruise up and down the Douro, which was very beautiful. But we found everywhere we visited in that country, really, to be exceptionally charming. I can see that you are having a wonderful time there.

We just arrived in Montreal.  The amount of construction going on in the downtown area is impressive.

Key West, FL.

Had a lovely dinner last night with FLKeysGirl and jcocktosten. Always a pleasure to spend time with this lovely couple. After dinner we visited Flaming Bouy on their last night before moving to their new location. What a great group of people. Such love and community. Makes me want to buy a place here.

Add Reply

Likes (0)