Greetings from...

Shavez, great to see you posting and I hope you, V and your family are well.

Even though I still own a MB, your wonderful tour and in-depth knowledge on BMW you shared on our time in beautiful Munich did cause me to purchase a BMW this year... your fault!

All the best.

We are all doing well, including the two little family members that joined us after we met you in Munich. I hope the same applies to you all! Sorry to hear about the MB still cluttering up your garage, but it's good to see that you are on the road to enlightenment..!

Any chance of another trip to this area? I'll keep my fingers crossed...do let me know if that happens. 

board-o posted:

Cliffs of Moher

Doolin

Fun at McGann’s Pub

I had a lot of fun at McGann's during a week long stay in Doolin in 1985. It wasn't as fun when I went back in the mid-90's, but the place is a landmark. The Cliffs are quite something too.  Enjoy.

seaquam posted:

Antwerp. Lovely city.

Had a terrific cruise on Rhine and Mosel. Latter is especially beautiful and of course had some outstanding Rieslings.

Amsterdam tomorrow.

And PH-- what Irwin said, in both replies to your Texas post. 

If you were going south instead of north I would have suggested you visit Ghent.  Everyone goes to Bruges, which is beautiful but overrun with tourists.  Ghent is not as beautiful but also very interesting, perhaps more than Bruges in fact, and not overrun by tourists.   We stayed a few days in the former intending to use it as a base to visit the latter but we ended up spending as much time sightseeing in Ghent as in Bruges.

steve8 posted:
board-o posted:

Cliffs of Moher

Doolin

Fun at McGann’s Pub

I had a lot of fun at McGann's during a week long stay in Doolin in 1985. It wasn't as fun when I went back in the mid-90's, but the place is a landmark. The Cliffs are quite something too.  Enjoy.

Food was OK. Enjoyed the music and the enthusiasm.

The Burren

Ardara

Back in Dublin for 3 days of touring. Had an Irish whiskey tasting at Jameson today. Bottled a bottle of Black Barrel Cask Strength to bring home.

flwino posted:

felt that Bruges had a better selection of hotels and food.  yes Ghent is interesting, but was a bit more dirty than Bruges [especially along the main canal (old trading area)].  Enjoyed both though

Agree on all points but we liked Ghent better only because there were so many people in Bruges that it felt more like an amusement park on a warm summer day than a historic city.  I'd like to go again when there are fewer visitors.

Amsterdam.  A beautiful and interesting city, lots of history, lots of canals. There's other stuff too.

I haven't been in Amsterdam before, but my daughter was in London for a few days so she came over to show us around a bit.  Couldn't have asked for a better guide. And reasonably priced, too.  

board-o posted:
purplehaze posted:
board-o posted:

Just finished a trip through the Kiel Canal into the Baltic Sea, headed to Stockholm.

More food and wine posts, please.  They were always your strong suit.

PH

When I get home. Headed to Helsinki now.

Looking forward to them.

PH

Add Reply

Likes (0)