Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
Back home from Quito and the Galapagos Islands.
Some beautiful scenery, animals, snorkeling, and very friendly and warm people.

What wine did you have with Galapagos Tortoise?

Well, you don't actually eat the tortoises. They are a protected species. (I know you know this Wink) But, you do eat other stuff. Most of the wine I consumed was Chilean.
Some ok Sauvignon Blancs and a few decent enough Cabs. Nothing to write home about.
Besides the tortoises, iguanas, sea lions, birds and other fauna, I met a fellow named Warren who had retired from Rosenblum Cellars and so we had a nice time chatting about wine. My Spanish language ability is poor, but I can carry on a conversation about Zinfandels.
Had a pretty spectacular meal in a place called La Mirage, a spa about 1.5 hrs outside Quito.
Ate at an Indian restaurant in Quito, which was just about the best Indian food I've ever had.
quote:
Originally posted by FL Wino:
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
Jupiter, Florida

Hey neighbor

How long here

Leaving Tuesday morning. My grandfather lives down in Hobe Sound, came down with my dad and my sons to watch the Super Bowl with him. Tight schedule for this trip (and we have 7 kids between 6-16), otherwise I would've set something up with the gang down here.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FL Wino:
quote:
Jupiter, Florida

Hey neighbor

How long here

Leaving Tuesday morning. My grandfather lives down in Hobe Sound, came down with my dad and my sons to watch the Super Bowl with him. Tight schedule for this trip (and we have 7 kids between 6-16), otherwise I would've set something up with the gang down here.

Nice area

Look for on the flip side
quote:
Originally posted by Napacat:
Chicago...there may not be a finer city in the U.S. than this fantastic place.

Great architecture (did the river cruise), great restaurants (you can just stumble upon one there are so many)and not to be outdone, the people are wonderful.

Where do we send your check? Big Grin You should let us know when you're in town - we would've rolled out the red carpet for you.
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
quote:
Originally posted by Napacat:
Chicago...there may not be a finer city in the U.S. than this fantastic place.

Great architecture (did the river cruise), great restaurants (you can just stumble upon one there are so many)and not to be outdone, the people are wonderful.

I'm happy to plug this place for free. I just love it. I have ne3ver attended an offline...but from reading...the Chicago group drinks very well!!! (which is the only way to go).

Where do we send your check? Big Grin You should let us know when you're in town - we would've rolled out the red carpet for you.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.