Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
quote:
Originally posted by scbeerman:
Never been to Cabo. Did you play any golf down there?

Not this time. Played Palmilla and Cabo Del Sol in past. Both are excellent.

Tidbit: My father-in-law is from Cabo, and his family owned land all over town. Some of the resorts encroached, but the family was very poor and couldn't afford to fight the developers in court, not to mention how poor documentation of land rights was and how property lines were demarcated in the early 20th century. A lot of my in-laws gave up except for one, who won his case. Needless to say, he and his children live very comfortably now Big Grin

Enjoy your trip, red guy (and gal)!
quote:
Originally posted by Jabe11:
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
quote:
Originally posted by scbeerman:
Never been to Cabo. Did you play any golf down there?

Not this time. Played Palmilla and Cabo Del Sol in past. Both are excellent.

Tidbit: My father-in-law is from Cabo, and his family owned land all over town. Some of the resorts encroached, but the family was very poor and couldn't afford to fight the developers in court, not to mention how poor documentation of land rights was and how property lines were demarcated in the early 20th century. A lot of my in-laws gave up except for one, who won his case. Needless to say, he and his children live very comfortably now Big Grin

Enjoy your trip, red guy (and gal)!

Thanks. Love to hear more about your family connections down here. Hoping to have the sd crew over to casa de Red guy soon. Cheers!
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
Syracuse

Mmm! Syracuse in the winter! Well, at least it's warmer (less frigid) than Ottawa!

Actually the same temp at the moment. But counting the high winds here in Syracuse - REALLY high winds - the real-feel temp is colder here. And lots of snow due tomorrow, while none in Ottawa....where we will be tomorrow, provided said snow does not make it safer to stay put for another day (yes, please........)
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
at least you can swing otu to dinosaur BBQ!

WE could have done that but being out by the interstate we went for a closer BBQ instead - Bull and Bear Roadhouse, which was very good too!

Hey, I've been to that place several times. Big portions, especially the mixed plate, and usually a decent selection of draft beer.
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
at least you can swing otu to dinosaur BBQ!

WE could have done that but being out by the interstate we went for a closer BBQ instead - Bull and Bear Roadhouse, which was very good too!

Hey, I've been to that place several times. Big portions, especially the mixed plate, and usually a decent selection of draft beer.

I got the mixed BBQ plate, as it happens! mrs bman had a burget. We liked it a lot, though we got take-out so that we could have it with a nice bottle of wine in the room. We stayed just up the road at the Springhill Suites which was excellent value for money ($103) and very nice and well located as well.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
Edmonton. Minus 30C (-22F).

My daughter manages a Moore's there - if you want a deal, let me know!

Wow, that cute young girl is all grown up now. Time sure does fly.

No kidding! Both kids getting married this summer too!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.