quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
Barcelona. What a city! In a city with three times the population of Baltimore they have two murders per year. In Baltimore we have around 300

Outside of war-torn areas I believe that ANY country outside the States pales in comparison regarding murders per capita. PALES
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
We are going to botafumeiro. And will go to. It miro and Picasso. Got a few more days to go. Thanks for the suggestions

Definitely go to the Miro!

Between the Miro, Mies van der Rohe Pavillion, CaixaForum, Catalunya art museum, the castle and botanical gardens, you can easily spend the whole day in Montjuic.
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:

Wish we had known, Sharkey. We arrived yesterday afternoon, and would have loved to meet up with you and your wife for lunch or dinner today!


That would have been great! To bad we didn't connect earlier. Now back at home -- getting ready for the office tomorrow. Frown
quote:
Originally posted by Arsenal4ever:
W+A - Been following your trip, and are most envious. Did Alsace last year on bikes and would go back in a minute. Question - are you driving or using the train system?


We had a car in Switzerland, France and Southern Germany. ( never pass up driving 240+ kmh!) Took a train to Berlin and a private driver for Berlin, Potsdam and Dresden.

We will take a train to Prague and fly to London.
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
We are going to botafumeiro.



You should have a great experience there. Bon appetit!

What did you think of Quatre Gats? Did you try their gazpacho?

Liked it,though it is a bit touristy. Had a tuna ceviche dish served on top of guacamole mango and a few strawberries. Had peppers and a dish of cured meat. And some cheeses. Spent some time today at a biodynamic winery in panedes pares balata. They have 500 hectares or so, plus some in Priorat. Tasted about 5 wines with a lunch there. Will report separately on that upon my return. Tonight, botafumeiro.
We are. Just got back from botafumeiro. A fine meal, outstanding service. One of the waiters we had was an older gentleman who has been there 25 years, or at least that is what he said. By the way La Dama is closed. Tomorrow Gironde and Figueras. The latter has a Dali museum
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
We are. Just got back from botafumeiro. A fine meal, outstanding service. One of the waiters we had was an older gentleman who has been there 25 years, or at least that is what he said. By the way La Dama is closed. Tomorrow Gironde and Figueras. The latter has a Dali museum


Any chance you mean Girona? We were there last year in May during their flower festival. It's a fun town to stroll. If so, Munchen was a very good and reasonably priced dining experience. Txalaka was a more casual and very fun place for pintxos, with a small but very inexpensive wine list. I recall getting a pink cava and a Ribera for about 40 euros total.

We took the train from Girona to Figueras for the Dali museum. While I'm not a fan of his work, it was an interesting few hours.
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
Yes,Girona. Quite nice. Dali museum in Figueros (spelling?) was amazing also. Picasso is on today's agenda


You might not see this in time, there's a nice tapas bar not far from the museum called 'Bar del Pla"
Just a block and a bit up from the museum.
Really nice place for not to much $$
Same people as Restaurant Pla.

As for the museum, I really appreciated the architecture of the building almost more that the exhibit. Hope you enjoy !
New Hampshire.

I travel too much to update this thread often (ever) but I'm very happy right now. Spending a few days with my wife/daughter/huskies at the Wentworth by the Sea (Marriott) outside of Portsmouth, NH. I had a few customer meetings up this way and booked us here leveraging Marriott lifetime platinum to secure a 2 story/2 BR suite on the marina.

Sitting outside on the balcony overlooking the water on a clear night, after wife and daughter have gone to bed, huskies by my side, enjoying a night cap and doing a bit of reading. It's these simple pleasures in life that make everything else worth it.

Three days here, then off to Texas alone for more work...c'est la vie.

Cheers my friends.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:

London.


Ah, lucky you! There's a major G. O'Keefe show at the Tate Modern, which I assume you'll be seeing. We tried to change our flights home to be able to spend 2-3 in London and take it in but couldn't make it happen.

We're just a chunnel away.
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:

London.


Ah, lucky you! There's a major G. O'Keefe show at the Tate Modern, which I assume you'll be seeing. We tried to change our flights home to be able to spend 2-3 in London and take it in but couldn't make it happen.

We're just a chunnel away.


The Tate is always very special! As for O'Keefe, we get more than our fair share of her work living in NM for half of the year. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Back in DFW.

After spending 20% of the year in Europe, many of my thoughts and impressions were only reconfirmed.


Time to sell the places in Sante Fe & Dallas and arrange for the art to be shipped to which European country? Wink

I'm assuming you'll be buying the wine locally once you get there. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Back in DFW.

After spending 20% of the year in Europe, many of my thoughts and impressions were only reconfirmed.


Time to sell the places in Sante Fe & Dallas and arrange for the art to be shipped to which European country? Wink

I'm assuming you'll be buying the wine locally once you get there. Big Grin


Joe, kids and even more, grandchildren will influence your choices. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
fly fishing in North Andros

Envious! I got my first flyrod when I was four years old. Do you tie flies? I remember the first time I caught a trout on a fly I tied. It was a brook trout in the Battenkill River on a Mickey Finn.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
fly fishing in North Andros

Envious! I got my first flyrod when I was four years old. Do you tie flies? I remember the first time I caught a trout on a fly I tied. It was a brook trout in the Battenkill River on a Mickey Finn.


I swat flies and mesquitos
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Wineplease:
Gengenbach, Germany


I was just there a couple of weeks ago. Where are you dining?


Last night was at Bistro Schatull.
Plan to try Die Reichstadt and Michaelangelo.

Do you have any recommendation W+A?
Did you visit any winery while in Gengenbach?
I will be here for almost 2 weeks.

Thank you.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×