quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Zermatt was beautiful.

Cool
My favourite of the mountain villages in Switzerland.

Pretty darn special
We were on the beach last Saturday in OB, it was about 80, not a cloud in the sky, kanip knaps, surfboards, wetsuits, beach chairs, sunscreen....picnic wine. Water was about 67, a little chilly but clear, clean and refreshing. I'm thinking, "Glad we don't have to worry about hurricanes."
quote:
Originally posted by Arsenal4ever:
Is OB still the drug haven it was in the 60s through 80s, or did they clean it up?

Skyrocketing property values have taken care of a lot but there still is a heavy stoner subculture there
Lyon. My first time here. It definitely won't be the last. The old city and Bouchons are fantastic. Dinner at Les Loges last night. Wow.
Paris.

Heading out to Zebulon-- almost directly across the street from us-- for a late dinner, maybe even a glass of wine. Or two.
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
Paris.

Heading out to Zebulon-- almost directly across the street from us-- for a late dinner, maybe even a glass of wine. Or two.

Any chance we'll get a drool-inducing story from this trip like your write-up of Tour D'argent?
quote:
Originally posted by Sharkey:
Lyon. My first time here. It definitely won't be the last. The old city and Bouchons are fantastic. Dinner at Les Loges last night. Wow.

Vieux Lyon is something that must be experienced. Love it!
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Paris.

Any chance we'll get a drool-inducing story from this trip like your write-up of Tour D'argent?

Bill, that was a unique experience for me, so much so that I wanted to recall it precisely in the future, and I had the time to write about it in detail. We're in Paris for 3 weeks with a bunch of reservations made, and my live-in tour director has a lot of things planned for us to do. It takes more discipline than I have to diarize and post it regularly, but maybe I'll start a Paris 2016 thread in the dining forum.

Next major meals for us, La Maison de la Truffe on Tuesday (white Alba in stock now) and Arpége next Thursday. We'll also be going to Véfour the following week (it's in the same building where we're staying) as well as Macéo. I'd like to revisit Spring and Ze Galerie Kitchen, probably for lunches, and of course there is a myriad of places we've never tried but would like to, and there's always room for a spontaneous meal here in Paris.

It will be interesting to weigh myself upon our return home. Smile
quote:

I loved Le Sud
Bouchon Le Jura
Le Jean Moulin
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Paris.

Bill, that was a unique experience for me, so much so that I wanted to recall it precisely in the future, and I had the time to write about it in detail. We're in Paris for 3 weeks with a bunch of reservations made, and my live-in tour director has a lot of things planned for us to do. It takes more discipline than I have to diarize and post it regularly, but maybe I'll start a Paris 2016 thread in the dining forum.

Next major meals for us, La Maison de la Truffe on Tuesday (white Alba in stock now) and Arpége next Thursday. We'll also be going to Véfour the following week (it's in the same building where we're staying) as well as Macéo. I'd like to revisit Spring and Ze Galerie Kitchen, probably for lunches, and of course there is a myriad of places we've never tried but would like to, and there's always room for a spontaneous meal here in Paris.

Dinner at Le Taillevent was one of the best I've ever had. The frog leg risotto may be the best thing I've ever tasted.
quote:

I'm quite sure you'll still have your girlish figure........
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:

Vieux Lyon is something that must be experienced. Love it!

Agreed. A great place. My wife and I loved it.
quote:
Originally posted by FL Wino:
quote:

I loved Le Sud
Bouchon Le Jura
Le Jean Moulin

Daniel & Denise Bouchon was very good.
quote:
Paris.

My wife and I arrived back in Paris yesterday, from Lyon. We spent the whole day tromping around the city today. Had a very enjoyable lunch at Cinq-Mars. Early flight back to the States tomorrow.
quote:
quote:
Paris.

My wife and I arrived back in Paris yesterday, from Lyon. We spent the whole day tromping around the city today. Had a very enjoyable lunch at Cinq-Mars. Early flight back to the States tomorrow.

Wish we had known, Sharkey. We arrived yesterday afternoon, and would have loved to meet up with you and your wife for lunch or dinner today!

We had lunch at Villalys this afternoon, a very good Moroccan/tagine spot. Coincidentally we were thinking of lunch tomorrow at Cinq-Mars because it's one of the few good places open Sunday for lunch.

Too bad we could not have made this happen! It would have been cool to meet up in this wonderful city. Safe travels as you head home.
Barcelona. What a city! In a city with three times the population of Baltimore they have two murders per year. In Baltimore we have around 300 Tons of restaurants, museums and the Gaudi architecture. I've eaten more anchovies in the last 48 hours that I'm the rest of 2016. Some nice rioja too mostly 2013s.
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
Barcelona. What a city! In a city with three times the population of Baltimore they have two murders per year. In Baltimore we have around 300 Tons of restaurants, museums and the Gaudi architecture. I've eaten more anchovies in the last 48 hours that I'm the rest of 2016. Some nice rioja too mostly 2013s.

Envious! Where have you dined? What sites are you enjoying? What wines did you have? I need my vicarious thrills. It's been too long since I've been to my favorite city in the world.
We've been through the Gothic area,to several of the Gaudi buildings, which are really unbelievable. Been to sagrada familia. Eaten at quarter gats, gauging, a local Indian restaurant, tonight a place called citrus. I've cut down on my wine consumption due to trying to lose weight. I think I was on that diet,board-o, when last we ate together. I've had a glass or two of rioja. Tomorrow we are going to Montserrat and Panedes where I suppose I'll try some Cava. Intention is to go to the Picasso and Miro museums over the next few days. I am quite happy that I will miss the third debate. (Please-no thread drift!)as you the the gaudi architecture is just stunning that guy was on some serious drugs
quote:
We've been through the Gothic area,to several of the Gaudi buildings, which are really unbelievable. Been to sagrada familia. Eaten at quarter gats, gauging, a local Indian restaurant, tonight a place called citrus. I've cut down on my wine consumption due to trying to lose weight. I think I was on that diet,board-o, when last we ate together. I've had a glass or two of rioja. Tomorrow we are going to Montserrat and Panedes where I suppose I'll try some Cava. Intention is to go to the Picasso and Miro museums over the next few days. I am quite happy that I will miss the third debate. (Please-no thread drift!)as you the the gaudi architecture is just stunning that guy was on some serious drugs

No sea food restaurant? Butafermo!! Best in the world
And don't forget Cal Pep. It's only a few minutes walk from the Picasso Museum. Arrive at 12:45 and you'll be in the first group in. And don't miss Palau Guell a block off the Rambla The tiled chimneys are magnificent.
quote:

Irwin, enjoy a great town. We were there this past May and can't wait to return.

While Picasso is a better artist, I would pick the Miro museum in Barcelona.

Enjoy your time.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.