Evening All.  In these very troubled times...we all have a lot in common.  And I'm sure if we got together despite our differences over wine we would get along.  I would even get along with TOM.

These are certainly strange times...just trying to work through it all.  We all share an appreciation of great wine, good food and great friends.  Let's come together.  Get through this and enjoy life. 

We will be better for it.  I think a lot of people on here are very interesting and we can learn a lot from one another.   Let's do it.

Anyone participate in any of the CA wineries virtual tastings yet?  Vineyard 7 & 8?

Original Post

I try not to personally attack anyone on the forums.  The first amendment (yeah, that's the one before the 2nd amendment) gives people some "free speech" rights.  I recognize people are entitled to their opinions.  Kumbaya.

irwin posted:

I try not to personally attack anyone on the forums.  The first amendment (yeah, that's the one before the 2nd amendment) gives people some "free speech" rights.  I recognize people are entitled to their opinions.  Kumbaya.

+1 for the most part.  Have I ever gotten into a heated exchange with somebody?  Sure.  We all have our weak moments.  But it is the internet.  In on ear and out the other so to speak.

I caught him a couple months ago, when he put an insult on me.  Was on Off-line thread.     03/30/2020

Commendable sentiment.  When we're sure of our health, prosperity and peace we are much more likely to dig into the minutiae.  

That isn't now.

It would be nice if we all try to be more civil going forward.  It can't hurt. I think that the chances of this here are pretty low, but I'm prepared to be pleasantly surprised.

PH

Last edited by purplehaze

A friend on Facebook posted that he wanted to have positive only posts about who you support or about events.  There were a bunch of extremely negative posts about politics that quickly followed.  I don't know why some people can't just stop saying negative things when asked not to.  Either say something positive or not say anything.

thistlintom posted:

A friend on Facebook posted that he wanted to have positive only posts about who you support or about events.  There were a bunch of extremely negative posts about politics that quickly followed.  I don't know why some people can't just stop saying negative things when asked not to.  Either say something positive or not say anything.

How about this. i’m positive this was a disingenuous post

bomba503 posted:
thistlintom posted:

How about this. i’m positive this was a disingenuous post

Sorry, it is not disingenuous.  True story.  Some people can't help themselves and have to be negative.  I was really surprised at the responses.

bomba503 posted:

I was referring to the OP

No I don't think he was being disingenuous either.  He is a good guy who has a positive outlook on life.  I really think he was trying to get people to post positive things about whoever they like, rather than negative comments about the other person.  i don't know but I don't think he is a Trump supporter, so I don't think he was trying to be coy.

thistlintom posted:
bomba503 posted:

i don't know but I don't think he is a Trump supporter, so I don't think he was trying to be coy.

I don't think he was being coy either, but you think he's not a Trump supporter? 

thistlintom posted:
bomba503 posted:

No I don't think he was being disingenuous either.  He is a good guy who has a positive outlook on life.  I really think he was trying to get people to post positive things about whoever they like, rather than negative comments about the other person.  i don't know but I don't think he is a Trump supporter, so I don't think he was trying to be coy.

Then a day or two after his BS post he ripped on someone else’s musical post. 

Billhike, I think you guys are talking about two different things. Thistlintom is talking about his friend on Facebook. Bomba and billhike are talking about Napacat.

sunnylea57 posted:

Billhike, I think you guys are talking about two different things. Thistlintom is talking about his friend on Facebook. Bomba and billhike are talking about Napacat.

sunnylea57 posted:

Sunnylea, you are correct. 

thistlintom posted:
sunnylea57 posted:

Sunnylea, you are correct. 

Thank God, I thought I had gone insane.

The cool thing about this new, completely f'd up forum design is that you can't see when any of these posts were made. Only clue here is the reference to Trump, but absent that, this could be a ten year old thread and who would know?

The WS has created something truly unique here.

A World Without Time.

Coming soon as a Netflix series.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.