Skip to main content

@The Old Man posted:

So the best action was to allow the first incursion into our Capitol since 1814? The Capitol is one of the three most important seats of government and it was breached. You're saying they couldn't have prepared properly and had enough bodies out there to at least block the entry into this building? Better to let rioters rampage through this important building, grabbing and photographing government documents and breaking into Congress people's offices?

I said none of those things.  I could have interchanged 'flatfooted' with 'incompetent' or now it may be found, 'criminally negligent.'  I should also clarify that police issuing the 'wooden shampoo,' i.e. clubbing Trumpers off the capitol steps, could have potentially incited one of koolaid drinking idiots to pull out an AR and start firing it at police.  So actually, systemic incompetence, flat footedness, call it whatever you want,  might have kept the loss of lives to a lot lower that what it could have been, worst case.

Also, after re-reading my post (i admit I'm not the best self-editor), the incursion into the capitol was certainly the biggest news of the day, but the democratic senate victories were farther reaching & the bigger tangible news.

Now go pull yer knickers outta yer bum!

@jabe11 posted:

Now go pull yer knickers outta yer bum!

A man had two black eyes. His boss asked what happened.
“I was sitting behind a big woman at church. When we stood up to sing hymns, I noticed that her dress was caught in her butt crack, so out of generosity I pulled it out for her. But she turned around and punched me in the eye.”
Boss: “Okay, so where did you get the other shiner?”
“Well, I figured she didn’t want it out, so I pushed it back in.”

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.