Thank you for your reply FLWINO.

I am confused by it though. The lowest WS-Pro price is $8,250. (Brown Derby has it on their website for $8999.95) My last asking price is $500 less than low WS-Pro. But, I also am open to offers. So you could offer $500 below that and be $1,000 below current WS-Pro. And more so compared to Brown Derby. Hmmm....what am I missing? I am certainly open to comments.  This bottle has lived at Hart Davis Hart since release.    

winedrmike posted:

If I were in the market for 2008 Screagle, I'd rather buy 2 x 750's for $2700 each from K &L and save myself $2000 , instead of buying the magnum.  While there should be a premium for the magnum, the difference in price could almost buy a third bottle.

Good pint.  That is what I found on wine Searcher.  Also, when would one really pour a magnum of this? 

winedrmike posted:

If I were in the market for 2008 Screagle, I'd rather buy 2 x 750's for $2700 each from K &L and save myself $2000 , instead of buying the magnum.  While there should be a premium for the magnum, the difference in price could almost buy a third bottle.

Oh I understand this firsthand. I had the same thinking back when I started buying wine. It was before I had experience tasting the same wine from 750s and magnums (and larger.) The beauty of wine from larger formats!

My buddy still jokes about it. It was 95 Spottswoode. I opted for (2) 750s and he did the magnum. At the time I couldn't make sense of why I'd pay so much of a premium for the magnum. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20. 

So, I totally get your point winedrmike. Thank you for sharing. 

HA! I have never done that with Screagle. 

Never had Screagle from Magnum either, only 750. But I do have experience with 750 and magnum with other producers - Togni, Spottswoode, Beaucastel rouge, etc. If you haven't done so before, do try it for yourself. Do it blind for some friends. I'll bet that most would think they are different wines. (If they are good tasters, they will probably guess same wine but different vintage.) Ahhh.....blind tastings are so humbling. I did one once for customers that included a mid-90s Groth cab and it's reserve as well as a Yellow tail Shiraz and it's reserve.  Of the 20 or so tasters, the consensus was that America loves Yellow Tail. (Where's the emoji with it's hand smacking it's forehead?!?!?!) 

I respectfully suggest placing the magnum for sale with one of the auction houses.  The chances of selling a $7500+ bottle of wine on this forum seem slight to me.  No disrespect intended, but if I was even thinking of buying a wine that valuable, I'd either want to buy from a reputable auction house/wine seller or from someone that I knew very well.

Thank you for the suggestion ROTHKO. 

Before going to auction, I figured that it wouldn't hurt to try selling first on this forum and/or WB. You never know. It only takes ONE person. 

Seeing that no one has even made an offer says something too. It backs up your point. Hmmm.....maybe there aren't enough Chinese or Japanese on this forum! lol. They love the cult wines!

Thank you again. And no disrespect was taken. 

Add Reply

Likes (0)