It appears he is asking what they are going for on winecommune. In fact cheaper in some cases. I think winecommune you will sell them. People on here are not going to pay increases for the most part and in many cases people dont even want to pay release prices..
quote:
Originally posted by TERPS:
I agree Patespo 1...Its just like scalping tickets to a sporting event or concert you want to see. Some would say one is crazy to pay such a high price but if one wants to see it they will pay the going rate.


different analogy. there's no exploding offer on a bottle of wine.
What many outside of this community don't realize is that part of the criteria for the Top 100 is availability and, in the case of the '05 CC Reserve, the availability and very low price are certainly HUGE factors in putting it at number 1. Don't get me wrong: it's good wine, but it's #1 more due to those two factors as oppposed to being a wine that is going to knock your ever-loving socks off.

And, yes, I've had it. Several times, and it's 92 points max, IMO. To each his/her own, I suppose.
quote:
Originally posted by TERPS:
Its the same thing...A hot ticket and a hot bottle of wine. Now real estate in Las vegas is not the same thing. No one is taking out a loan for a 120.00 bottle of wine or ticket.


you can always buy the same bottle at much later date, or whenever you want.

you can't exactly buy the same show whenever you want.

look at it this way... the tickets would be an option. passed a certain date, value goes to 0.

A bottle of wine is like a stock, it can appreciate or depreciate in value.
you can buy it now, buy it later.
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
quote:
Originally posted by TERPS:
Its the same thing...A hot ticket and a hot bottle of wine. Now real estate in Las vegas is not the same thing. No one is taking out a loan for a 120.00 bottle of wine or ticket.


you can always buy the same bottle at much later date, or whenever you want.

you can't exactly buy the same show whenever you want.

look at it this way... the tickets would be an option. passed a certain date, value goes to 0.

A bottle of wine is like a stock, it can appreciate or depreciate in value.
you can buy it now, buy it later.


G-Unit,

How do you know so much about stock? Wink
quote:
Originally posted by dannyk8232:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
quote:
Originally posted by TERPS:
Its the same thing...A hot ticket and a hot bottle of wine. Now real estate in Las vegas is not the same thing. No one is taking out a loan for a 120.00 bottle of wine or ticket.


you can always buy the same bottle at much later date, or whenever you want.

you can't exactly buy the same show whenever you want.

look at it this way... the tickets would be an option. passed a certain date, value goes to 0.

A bottle of wine is like a stock, it can appreciate or depreciate in value.
you can buy it now, buy it later.


G-Unit,

How do you know so much about stock? Wink


cuz i'm gangsta!
quote:
Originally posted by GregT:
I don't blame him for selling it if he can get that price. I'm a little stunned that it's so high and I would love to meet any idiot who pays that.

It's a little unfair to take advantage of a microcephalic though.
LOL. Frankly, I wouldn't be caught dead paying that for this wine. I also don't really care if someone else does.

It's basically worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Not what I or you might.
quote:
Originally posted by Art Vandelay:
Sold.

Thanks everyone for your input. I was beginning to think you were chasing my buyers away.

AV


Congratulations Art. Is there any way I could meet your customer? Surely you don't want to keep him to yourself? Anyone that gullible is someone to be shared among friends, no?
Just did a search for Columbia Crest 2005 Reserve and this thread came up, along with one from a few months back about people complaining how disappointing and overrated it was. Now that it won some award people who originally said they disliked it will be clamoring for it at 6 times its original value. Wow.
GregT how is this person who bought it gullible? He paid market price for it. In fact some closed on winecommune for 150 a bottle. Always amazes me on here that people feel they should sell their wine on here for what they bought it for or in many cases even below what they paid for it. Why would anyone sell something that has a value of 125 for 25?? If that were the case it would just give the person who did buy it the opportunity to sell it for the 125.
quote:
Originally posted by TERPS:
GregT how is this person who bought it gullible? He paid market price for it. In fact some closed on winecommune for 150 a bottle. Always amazes me on here that people feel they should sell their wine on here for what they bought it for or in many cases even below what they paid for it. Why would anyone sell something that has a value of 125 for 25?? If that were the case it would just give the person who did buy it the opportunity to sell it for the 125.
It's really quite simple. Let me break it down for you. The wine is over rated, made in mass quantities and the price is driven by hype and the mistaken impression that the WOTY is the best wine of the year.

Anyone that pays that price is gullible.

They certainly have the right to do it, but that doesn't make them smart.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×