quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
Decided on the Zenith today. Really liked the Panerai, but it was just too big for me (not that the Zenith is small). I get it next week!


So????


Pick up the Zenith Friday Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
Decided on the Zenith today. Really liked the Panerai, but it was just too big for me (not that the Zenith is small). I get it next week!


So????


Pick up the Zenith Friday Big Grin


Congratulations, CSM!

As I said, you could not have gone wrong with your two choices. I have/do own both the brands you were looking at and both are excellent timepieces.

Enjoy your new watch!
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
...could not have gone wrong with your two choices. I have/do own both the brands you were looking at and both are excellent timepieces.

w+a, still own and enjoying the Panerai you last purchased?
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
...could not have gone wrong with your two choices. I have/do own both the brands you were looking at and both are excellent timepieces.

w+a, still own and enjoying the Panerai you last purchased?


K, very much. I'm going to wear it tomorrow as a matter of fact.

I went several years without a PAM, and now have my eye on buying one more with the power reserve in the back in lieu of the face.

I have changed the band on my 388 a number of times already. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by aav28:
Pulled the trigger on a Ulysse Nardin Black Sea Limited Edition #125/250


Congratulations, aav. Will this be a weekend watch or an everyday watch?
quote:
Originally posted by aav28:
Pulled the trigger on a Ulysse Nardin Black Sea Limited Edition #125/250

My son has a GMT. Loves it and it keeps great time.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by aav28:
Pulled the trigger on a Ulysse Nardin Black Sea Limited Edition #125/250


Congratulations, aav. Will this be a weekend watch or an everyday watch?


I have it for 3 weeks now. I just can't take it off my wrist. But soon it will. My daily is a Submariner and Explorer II.
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
I am someone who doesnt wear jewlery...I do surgery and am afraid I will lose it or forget it etc...

Big Grin Try to explain that to a patient.


Just get an x ray before the patient leaves the room
Not in the same league as some of the watches mentioned recently, but does anyone have any experience with Shinola watches? Detroit made.

Any good, or just a pricey Fossil?
quote:
Originally posted by redknife:
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
I am someone who doesnt wear jewlery...I do surgery and am afraid I will lose it or forget it etc...

Big Grin Try to explain that to a patient.


Just get an x ray before the patient leaves the room

Or auscultate the abdomen for regular ticking Wink
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
Originally posted by redknife:
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
I am someone who doesnt wear jewlery...I do surgery and am afraid I will lose it or forget it etc...

Big Grin Try to explain that to a patient.


Just get an x ray before the patient leaves the room

Or auscultate the abdomen for regular ticking Wink

As a Radiologist, I prefer the X-Ray route. It's good for business, and I have kids to put through college.
quote:
Originally posted by JDWest:
Not in the same league as some of the watches mentioned recently, but does anyone have any experience with Shinola watches? Detroit made.

Any good, or just a pricey Fossil?


JD, I know only what I have read in watch forums and magazines. It is my understanding all of their watches are quartz movement. ( like 98%+ of all watches) They are assembled in Detroit with the major components coming from Ronda. I also think one of the major investors came from Fossil.

Sorry, wish I have more information for you. I know that GlennK was looking at one at one time. Perhaps he has more information.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by JDWest:
Not in the same league as some of the watches mentioned recently, but does anyone have any experience with Shinola watches? Detroit made.

Any good, or just a pricey Fossil?


JD, I know only what I have read in watch forums and magazines. It is my understanding all of their watches are quartz movement. ( like 98%+ of all watches) They are assembled in Detroit with the major components coming from Ronda. I also think one of the major investors came from Fossil.

Sorry, wish I have more information for you. I know that GlennK was looking at one at one time. Perhaps he has more information.


W&A, you're correct re the major investor from fossil. I've owned one for a year and half and really like it for a weekend/casual work watch. Personally I think they are significantly nicer than Fossil. Short time frame, but no issues yet Smile
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
JD, I meant to mention you do not have to spend a lot of money to get a fine watch, especially if you buy a quartz movement.


Thanks for the detail and background W+A. I'm a bit of a strange bird, in that I love watches for their design, engineering and beauty, but I absolutely HATE wearing any kind of jewelry and don't wear a watch. As soon as I get home, I even take my wedding band off, because it drives me nuts. I'd love to own some of these pieces because they certainly appeal to me, but they would end up sitting in my drawer collecting dust. I know, call me crazy.

I was curious about the Shinola, because I've seen a couple models that looked great and have seen numerous articles, mentions, and other PR in a number of magazines. Being American made/assembled it really caught my eye. I was curious if this was a great grassroots story coming out of Detroit, or some very shrewd marketing and brand building. May be a bit of both?
quote:
Originally posted by Vino's daddy:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by JDWest:
Not in the same league as some of the watches mentioned recently, but does anyone have any experience with Shinola watches? Detroit made.

Any good, or just a pricey Fossil?


JD, I know only what I have read in watch forums and magazines. It is my understanding all of their watches are quartz movement. ( like 98%+ of all watches) They are assembled in Detroit with the major components coming from Ronda. I also think one of the major investors came from Fossil.

Sorry, wish I have more information for you. I know that GlennK was looking at one at one time. Perhaps he has more information.


W&A, you're correct re the major investor from fossil. I've owned one for a year and half and really like it for a weekend/casual work watch. Personally I think they are significantly nicer than Fossil. Short time frame, but no issues yet Smile


Thanks Vino's Daddy, appreciate the input.
quote:
Originally posted by The Old Man:
I dunno about fine watches, but with the Shinola brand there's a famous saying us older folks know that I can't get out of my head.

How about a better named Weiss from LA?
LA Watchmaker


Thanks for the link, OM.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by JDWest:
Not in the same league as some of the watches mentioned recently, but does anyone have any experience with Shinola watches? Detroit made.

Any good, or just a pricey Fossil?


JD, I know only what I have read in watch forums and magazines. It is my understanding all of their watches are quartz movement. ( like 98%+ of all watches) They are assembled in Detroit with the major components coming from Ronda. I also think one of the major investors came from Fossil.

Sorry, wish I have more information for you. I know that GlennK was looking at one at one time. Perhaps he has more information.
I'm a big fan of my Shinola and wear it as much as my IWC Pilot. Keeps great time. My wife liked it too, so I bought her one and she loves it.

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×