Skip to main content

My 4 1/2 yr. old son recently learned how to tell time on a real clock. So last weekend he and I went out and put a new band on my old stainless swiss army watch that I wore for 15 years. Its the first thing on in the morning and the last thing off at night. He loves it and it looks just like Dada's. It makes him look like such a little man with that big old shiny thing on his wrist. He knows when he turns 21 or gets out of college (don't want him pawning it for beer $) he'll get my Omega.
I've kicked around the idea of picking up a vintage Omega off and on the past few years. Assuming the watch has been recently reconditioned by a reputable individual how do these general hold up? Specifically accuracy in keeping time. Keeping accurate time will always be my #1 requirement of any time piece I own. It does me no good to look at my watch and it to be off by 2-3 minutes.
I'm partial to Omegas and that is why I asked about them specifically.
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
I've kicked around the idea of picking up a vintage Omega off and on the past few years. Assuming the watch has been recently reconditioned by a reputable individual how do these general hold up? Specifically accuracy in keeping time. Keeping accurate time will always be my #1 requirement of any time piece I own. It does me no good to look at my watch and it to be off by 2-3 minutes.
I'm partial to Omegas and that is why I asked about them specifically.


Snipes, what watches do you own currently.

I do not recall us talking watches in Atlanta.
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
I've kicked around the idea of picking up a vintage Omega off and on the past few years. Assuming the watch has been recently reconditioned by a reputable individual how do these general hold up? Specifically accuracy in keeping time. Keeping accurate time will always be my #1 requirement of any time piece I own. It does me no good to look at my watch and it to be off by 2-3 minutes.
I'm partial to Omegas and that is why I asked about them specifically.


I've got a 1960 Seamaster with a 552 movement in it that keeps impeccable time. Just make sure you do your research - the omega website has a database for checking movements vs. years and serial #'s vs. year of production that is helpful.
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:


Snipes, what watches do you own currently.

I do not recall us talking watches in Atlanta.


Been sporting an Omega Seamaster for the past 6 years. I've always been a one watch kind of guy, but I've had the itch to add a more refined / elegant watch to mix it up on occasion.


Snipes, no man should be limited to just 1 watch... That's like having only 1 wine in your cellar.
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:

I've got a 1960 Seamaster with a 552 movement in it that keeps impeccable time. Just make sure you do your research - the omega website has a database for checking movements vs. years and serial #'s vs. year of production that is helpful.


Thanks for the insight vinoevelo. This is what I hoped.
quote:
Originally posted by Bigfoot003:
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:


Snipes, what watches do you own currently.

I do not recall us talking watches in Atlanta.


Been sporting an Omega Seamaster for the past 6 years. I've always been a one watch kind of guy, but I've had the itch to add a more refined / elegant watch to mix it up on occasion.


Snipes, no man should be limited to just 1 watch... That's like having only 1 wine in your cellar.

I do recall having a bit of watch envy when we met.

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×