quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Thanks for the heads up. I was able to shop online and I found an ideal strap. Unfortunately, they DON'T ship to Canada. Bummer. If someone doesn't mind purchasing it for me and ship to Canada, I'll happily reimburse. Alternatively, I can purchase and ship to someone in the USA and have it shipped.
As my youngest son would say, "this is a real first world problem". I cannot disagree, but what the heck.


Dok if you want to ship it to me I'd be happy to forward it along.
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Thanks for the heads up. I was able to shop online and I found an ideal strap. Unfortunately, they DON'T ship to Canada. Bummer. If someone doesn't mind purchasing it for me and ship to Canada, I'll happily reimburse. Alternatively, I can purchase and ship to someone in the USA and have it shipped.
As my youngest son would say, "this is a real first world problem". I cannot disagree, but what the heck.


Dok if you want to ship it to me I'd be happy to forward it along. sunguy111 at gmail


Snipes, you should get a commission from these folks! Big Grin They didn't have exactly what I've been looking for, but bought one that should suit me.
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Thanks for the heads up. I was able to shop online and I found an ideal strap. Unfortunately, they DON'T ship to Canada. Bummer. If someone doesn't mind purchasing it for me and ship to Canada, I'll happily reimburse. Alternatively, I can purchase and ship to someone in the USA and have it shipped.
As my youngest son would say, "this is a real first world problem". I cannot disagree, but what the heck.


Dok if you want to ship it to me I'd be happy to forward it along. sunguy111 at gmail

Extremely generous offer snipes. Let me think on it and I'll get back to you. Another stellar example of the generosity and good will on these boards.
Dok - I had a similar problem last week when the band on my seamaster finally gave up the ghost.

As I thought about it there was only one solution: email Rob.

I've now got a list of places that ship to us (will forward to you) across of range of inexpensive to custom ones i cant get out of my head. Ended up getting one somewhere in between.
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
I think I might have to just bite the bullet and purchase the strap from an AP dealer. It just doesn't seem right to put an after market alligator strap on such a unique and rare timepiece.


Totally agreed....
Sorry aav, saw your email and forgot to respond.

I don't have one so this is all second hand knowledge but Orbita is often mentioned as the best "not stupid expensive" winder. I have also heard good things about Eilux which I think are quite cheaper than Orbita. The really cheap ones are crap, loud and last 6-12 months.
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
I think I might have to just bite the bullet and purchase the strap from an AP dealer. It just doesn't seem right to put an after market alligator strap on such a unique and rare timepiece.


Dok, I would look at atelier du bracelet parisien The quality would be at the very very least on par with AP stock (though truthfully it would be higher) and you can get whatever you want. I have 6 of their straps and they are all superb.

Now if you want to go really baller, if you get more than 5-6 people together who will all buy, they will fly to us with leather samples, measure and design for you. That would be a nice night at the FWR...
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
Sorry aav, saw your email and forgot to respond.

I don't have one so this is all second hand knowledge but Orbita is often mentioned as the best "not stupid expensive" winder. I have also heard good things about Eilux which I think are quite cheaper than Orbita. The really cheap ones are crap, loud and last 6-12 months.


Thanks Rob....I'll check them out
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
I think I might have to just bite the bullet and purchase the strap from an AP dealer. It just doesn't seem right to put an after market alligator strap on such a unique and rare timepiece.


Dok, I would look at atelier du bracelet parisien The quality would be at the very very least on par with AP stock (though truthfully it would be higher) and you can get whatever you want. I have 6 of their straps and they are all superb.

Now if you want to go really baller, if you get more than 5-6 people together who will all buy, they will fly to us with leather samples, measure and design for you. That would be a nice night at the FWR...


I'm interested in a group buy if we gather enough orders. I like to get a leather strap for my UN Maxi Marine.
quote:
Originally posted by aav28:
Looking for an inexpensive watch winder for 6, or at least 4. Any recomendation???


I bought the watch winder for 4 from BrookStone. Very inexpensive relative to other products, and it works fine for me. Each winder can be set independently.
I have the Wolf 4.1 modular system. You add watch modules as needed. variable rotation settings per module. There were some mixed reviews on them, but mine have been running w/o issue for a year or so and they are fairly common on Ebay. If / when one dies I'll just replace it with another.
Was killing time at the mall this morning while waiting to see Santa and wandered into the Tourneau store just to do some window shopping. I fondled a few Panerai and the Radiomir in titanium really talked to me, but is very much outside my comfort zone price wise. The other watch that really spoke to me was a Bell and Ross BR 123. Simple and casual which is what my next watch will be. While I'm not in the market right now, it caught my attention enough that I'm browsing online just to see the various options. Very nice...
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
Was killing time at the mall this morning while waiting to see Santa and wandered into the Tourneau store just to do some window shopping. I fondled a few Panerai and the Radiomir in titanium really talked to me, but is very much outside my comfort zone price wise. The other watch that really spoke to me was a Bell and Ross BR 123. Simple and casual which is what my next watch will be. While I'm not in the market right now, it caught my attention enough that I'm browsing online just to see the various options. Very nice...


of all the B&R models, the 123 is the one I could almost see myself wearing. The rest, not so much. I think it's the visible screwheads that turn me off. The Hublots in that style also lack appeal for me.

2 watches that have my attention (and have for some time), but struggled to pull the trigger:
Panerai Luminor Marina
Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Control Geographic

Very different, yes, which just means their is room for both... Ack
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
I recently picked up a black gator strap for my Constellation from a seller on Ebay for something like $40. The ebay store is Kelaran USA. A few of the members on one of the watch forums mentioned them. Ships out of the Tampa area and they claim it's local Alligator and made in the USA. Fantastic customer service and a great product so far. I purchased an alligator wallet / card holder from them 6-8 months ago and it still looks new. Thought I'd pass it along.


I'm needing/looking for a new strap. I just cannot get my head around a quality strap being that cheap.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
I recently picked up a black gator strap for my Constellation from a seller on Ebay for something like $40. The ebay store is Kelaran USA. A few of the members on one of the watch forums mentioned them. Ships out of the Tampa area and they claim it's local Alligator and made in the USA. Fantastic customer service and a great product so far. I purchased an alligator wallet / card holder from them 6-8 months ago and it still looks new. Thought I'd pass it along.


I'm needing/looking for a new strap. I just cannot get my head around a quality strap being that cheap.


Certainly understandable. I just sent you a picture I took recently of the one I purchased. It's the band on the watch in the pic.
I don't have any $300 straps laying around to compare it to, but if you are in the market it's an inexpensive trial.
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
I recently picked up a black gator strap for my Constellation from a seller on Ebay for something like $40. The ebay store is Kelaran USA. A few of the members on one of the watch forums mentioned them. Ships out of the Tampa area and they claim it's local Alligator and made in the USA. Fantastic customer service and a great product so far. I purchased an alligator wallet / card holder from them 6-8 months ago and it still looks new. Thought I'd pass it along.


I'm needing/looking for a new strap. I just cannot get my head around a quality strap being that cheap.


Certainly understandable. I just sent you a picture I took recently of the one I purchased. It's the band on the watch in the pic.
I don't have any $300 straps laying around to compare it to, but if you are in the market it's an inexpensive trial.


Thanks, snipes.

I really like the brown strap.

I'm planning on buying a new one today... I just hope I do not walk out with a new watch also. Big Grin
Heading to FL in a week and will be visiting the Panerai shop in Boca...I really would like a brown or white faced watch....wondering if switching the band on my current watch would suffice?

My first thought is absolutely not! But, I am always looking for an excuse to buy something.....I do like one that IWC makes, but wondering if anything at Panerai may strike my eye.
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
Heading to FL in a week and will be visiting the Panerai shop in Boca...I really would like a brown or white faced watch....wondering if switching the band on my current watch would suffice?

My first thought is absolutely not! But, I am always looking for an excuse to buy something.....I do like one that IWC makes, but wondering if anything at Panerai may strike my eye.


Any well dressed man has both a black AND a white faced watch. Razz Wink
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Any well dressed man has both a black AND a white faced watch. Razz Wink

You, sir, are truly a buying enabler. Smile

I'm sure several will see this post, check the faces on their watches, and think, "hmm, I need a new watch with a dark face." Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
Heading to FL in a week and will be visiting the Panerai shop in Boca...I really would like a brown or white faced watch....wondering if switching the band on my current watch would suffice?

My first thought is absolutely not! But, I am always looking for an excuse to buy something.....I do like one that IWC makes, but wondering if anything at Panerai may strike my eye.


Any well dressed man has both a black AND a white faced watch. Razz Wink


I've owned a few panerai over the years (111, 127, 192) I only own the 111 now (actually my wife's watch now).

If I was going to get another it would be a radomir either a Pam346 or a black seal.

As for at least one black and one face I sort of agree but I don't think it has to be pure white just light. Silver or something is fine.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
Heading to FL in a week and will be visiting the Panerai shop in Boca...I really would like a brown or white faced watch....wondering if switching the band on my current watch would suffice?

My first thought is absolutely not! But, I am always looking for an excuse to buy something.....I do like one that IWC makes, but wondering if anything at Panerai may strike my eye.


Any well dressed man has both a black AND a white faced watch. Razz Wink



Very true...I actually have a white faced Tag Huer but don't care for it like I used to.

W+A an enabler....no way! Roll Eyes Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Last year I bought a Zenith El Primero. Great timepiece. They made the movement for the Rolex Daytona for many years.


I did not know this.

With Swatch starting to flex their muscles more and more with their ETA products, the few remaining companies truly in control of their movements may start to grow again, but I'm not sure.

I know a guy with well North of $1M of watches and he is a huge fan of Zenith. We were talking this week and it just got me thinking. Cool

Congrats on your purchase!
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Last year I bought a Zenith El Primero. Great timepiece. They made the movement for the Rolex Daytona for many years.


I think Rolex makes their own reduced version under license now as zenith doesn't sell to them anymore. Tag heuer uses them as does parmigani. panerai did a couple of specials with their movements. Movado and ebel used to as well. Some of their complications as a little busy for my eye but great watches. They have a big date (at 6 oclock) in black with white sub dials which is very striking (muck like the iwc panda).

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×